• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Is Islam A Religion Of Peace?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
One point on the population thing though...another influential and very significant group politically and size-wise across the globe also preaches against birth control...i,e the Christian Roman Catholic Church.....perhaps you regard all of them as making a problem as well?

At present christians are menacing everywhere through there inappropriate conversion techniques.There birth rate is fine.Anyway in longer run no 2 religions can co exists if one opts for 2 kids and other opt for 4 kids ,because in that type of society the religion with 2 kids would be in minority in 50-100 year ,so their leaders would feel uncomfortable when they see this type of scenario

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
At present christians are menacing everywhere through there inappropriate conversion techniques.There birth rate is fine.Anyway in longer run no 2 religions can co exists if one opts for 2 kids and other opt for 4 kids ,because in that type of society the religion with 2 kids would be in minority in 50-100 year ,so their leaders would feel uncomfortable when they see this type of scenario

Okay some more progress..

World population about 6.8bn

So far, we've discussed around 1.53bn Muslims and over a billion Catholics (or approx 2.2bn Christians as you just referred to Christians as a whole instead of specifically catholics...) basically looks like you've written off so far anywhere from 37 to 54% of the world population....

Who else can we add to your list??

Do you fancy going for the triple and the other remaining great Abrahamanic religion ...i.e Judaism???

Thanks again
winkingmunda

ibs

SPNer
Nov 10, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal

To those members defending islam can i offer my thanks. You have reconfirmed my belief that sikhs allways have and allways will stand with the oppressed.

lionsingh and Truplayaz (the soldier)

Let me just tell these folk what you're really about....

Both these guys are members of the far right 'ENGLISH DEFENCE LEAGUE' - The very same group who regularly go '**** bashing' and chant 'allah is a paedo' and try to ban mosques and burkha's....

This is what they say about you on the EDL main site http://s1.zetaboards.com/EDL_The_Forum/topic/3921982/1/

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
ibs ji,

Guru Fateh.

You write:

To those members defending islam can i offer my thanks. You have reconfirmed my belief that sikhs allways have and allways will stand with the oppressed.
Sikhi's foundation is based on defending the rights of the individual and fight for injustice before it became the human rights slogan in rest of the world.

Yes, Sikhs stand with the oppressed which every human being should whether he/she adheres to any religion or to any other way of life.

So, as you are a Muslim, I have a few questions for you and I hope your answers will be educating and a learning process for all of us who are participating in this interaction.

1. Why do Muslims kill each other daily in their own countries through suicide bombers or by other ways?

2. What is your opinion about the Afghani Muslim girl whose nose was cut by her family?

Those who are not aware of the Muslim traditions, cutting one's nose is a harshest kind of punishment in the Muslim world so that the person will live all his/her life in disgrace. There is a saying in Punjabi:

"Apnah nak katah kei ah gayeian hein".
You came home with your nose chopped off.

In other words: You have disgraced your family with your actions.

3. What's your opinion about the Taliban and Al qaeda

4. What's your opinion about the beheading and forced conversions of some Sikhs in the North Western province of Pakistan by the Taliban Muslims?

5. Is Islam compatible with democracy and liberty for all where each of us can practice our own faiths, religions, belief systems, ways of lives?

This is a good starter for us to learn from each other.

Regarding lionsingh and Truplayaz, I would not worry about them. There are bad apples in every basket and I have no idea which basket they belong to.

If I were you, I would visit the interfaith section and check for myself how many people of your own religion and adherence talked ill about Sikhi. In this forum we give a fair chance to all to express themselves.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks and regards

Tejwant Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
ibs ji

I will keep it short. :) I do appreciate the time and effort that you took to share your impressions of the behind the scenes behavior of an SPN member on another web site. You have in a sense given us a public heads up and we certainly are ready for any further drama that may visit the forum in the next few days. I also appreciate your words about Sikhs as defenders of the oppressed. Sometimes this ideal is difficult to live up to. Thanks again.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM