• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

World International Women's Day - March 8, 2012

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
International Women's Day - March 8, 2012

431611_10150569070492100_551252099_9251457_1084227134_n.jpg

International Women's Day - information:
http://www.un.org/ecosocdev/geninfo/women/womday97.htm

Women on the Verge of an Economic Breakthrough:
http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/hautala1/English

BaljinderS

SPNer
Dec 29, 2011
This is a great idea and should be celebrated every second of the day not just once a year. Their is down to this, people think that women should be treated like this once a year. Tell if I am wrong? This is the message I get from these Fathers day, mothers day, friends day, happy day, sad day ... Its a marketing gimmick so they can make money out of selling cards,flowers etc etc So people have a high for one day and then they miserable again.

Sorry for ruining the women's day.. I wonder if women had this much respect,love before the womens day came into play.. :interestedsingh: sorry again, i hope you see my point..

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
This is a great idea and should be celebrated every second of the day not just once a year. Their is down to this, people think that women should be treated like this once a year. Tell if I am wrong? This is the message I get from these Fathers day, mothers day, friends day, happy day, sad day ... Its a marketing gimmick so they can make money out of selling cards,flowers etc etc So people have a high for one day and then they miserable again.

Sorry for ruining the women's day.. I wonder if women had this much respect,love before the womens day came into play.. :interestedsingh: sorry again, i hope you see my point..
BaljinderS ji thanks for your post. You do have a point but I will turn it around this way.

Let there be,

• Aborted females day
  • Circumcised females day
  • Big sisters day
  • Little sisters day
  • and so on
The society in general has done so much damage and devastation of women that perhaps as many days as possible may even not be enough. Just a thought.

Sat Sri Akal. mundahug

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM