World - International Women's Day - March 8, 2012 | SIKH PHILOSOPHY NETWORK
  • Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

World International Women's Day - March 8, 2012

BaljinderS

SPNer
Dec 29, 2011
This is a great idea and should be celebrated every second of the day not just once a year. Their is down to this, people think that women should be treated like this once a year. Tell if I am wrong? This is the message I get from these Fathers day, mothers day, friends day, happy day, sad day ... Its a marketing gimmick so they can make money out of selling cards,flowers etc etc So people have a high for one day and then they miserable again.

Sorry for ruining the women's day.. I wonder if women had this much respect,love before the womens day came into play.. :interestedsingh: sorry again, i hope you see my point..

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
This is a great idea and should be celebrated every second of the day not just once a year. Their is down to this, people think that women should be treated like this once a year. Tell if I am wrong? This is the message I get from these Fathers day, mothers day, friends day, happy day, sad day ... Its a marketing gimmick so they can make money out of selling cards,flowers etc etc So people have a high for one day and then they miserable again.

Sorry for ruining the women's day.. I wonder if women had this much respect,love before the womens day came into play.. :interestedsingh: sorry again, i hope you see my point..
BaljinderS ji thanks for your post. You do have a point but I will turn it around this way.

Let there be,

• Aborted females day
  • Circumcised females day
  • Big sisters day
  • Little sisters day
  • and so on
The society in general has done so much damage and devastation of women that perhaps as many days as possible may even not be enough. Just a thought.

Sat Sri Akal. mundahug

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Shabad Vichaar by SPN'ers

In an attempt to bring more Gurbani into our lives it would be great to analyse one shabad every week. It will be wonderful to get your thoughts about what the shabad is telling us and how we can...

SPN on Facebook