• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India India Set To Break Death Penalty Mortarium, Balwant Singh Rajoana’s Black Warrants Issued

BaljinderS

SPNer
Dec 29, 2011
Chandigarh/Patiala, Punjab (February 14, 2012): As per media reports “Black Warrants” for the execusion of Bhai Balwant Singh Rajoana, who has been sentenced death penalty in former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh’s assassination case, reached Patiala Central Jail authorities on February 13, 2012 and he will be hanged in Patiala central jail at 9 am on March 31.

CM Beant Singh’s regime carried brutal and mass level killings of civilian Sikh population of Punjab. On 31 August, 1995 CM Beant Singh was killed in a plotted Bomb blast. Bhai Dilawar Singh carried out the blast and died during the incident. Bhai Jagtar Singh Hawara, Bhai Balwant Singh Rajoana, Bhai Paramjeet Singh Bheora and Bhai Jagtar Singh Tara are the prominent among those charged for assassinating CM Beant Singh. After trial Jargat Singh Hawara and Balwant Singh Rajoana were sentenced to death by Trial court. Punjab and Haryana High Court later reduced the sentence of Jagtar Singh Hawara to life imprisonment but confirmed the death sentence given to Balwant Singh Rajoana.

It is notable that Balwant Singh Rajoana had confessed his involvement and expressed no faith in Indian judiciary. He refused to defend himself in the court and accepted the sentence. He had accused Indian courts for applying dual standards of law and accused Indian system for shielding culprits of Sikh genocide 1984.

As per media reports in the state of Punjab this is going to be the first execution during the last 24 years. Chandigarh additional sessions judge Shalini Nagpal has issued the orders implementation of the death warrants. It must be mentioned that Rajoana did not challenge his conviction.

Rajoana is already facing trial in another court case at Patiala. The jail authorities of Patiala have written to DGP jails, seeking clarification regarding whether a death warrant can be carried out when the convict is undergoing trial in another case.

Balwant Singh is a native of village Rajoana Kalan, Raikot (Ludhiana). He had already announced to donate his eyes and other body parts after his death. In his will, he had expressed desire that his eyes should be transplanted to Hazoori Ragi of Darbar Sahib, visually impaired Bhai Lakhwinder Singh.

He will be the first person to be hanged to death after Dhananjoy Chatterjee of Kolkata in August 2004 who was sentenced to death pertaining to case of raping and murdering Hetal Parekh in her house in Bhowanipore on March 5, 1990.

Deputy superintendent, Patiala jail, Rajan Kapoor said he has information about the execution orders but did not divulge details in reagrd to the preparations in jail for Rajoana’s hanging. especially owing to the fact that Punjab has no hangman currently in the state. The jail officials have taken up this issue with higher authorities.

Advocate Navkiran Singh informed during a radio talk show on “Punjabi Radio USA” that death warrants issued by a court could only be interfered by a court.

----------------
http://www.sikhsiyasat.net/2012/03/...balwant-singh-rajoanas-black-warrants-issued/

BaljinderS

SPNer
Dec 29, 2011
Does anyone know if there is any petition going on to stop his death sentence?

There is in the UK. How much does everyone know of this in Canada? How do the Sikhs feel about this there? The Sikh world needs to get together and show the World how inhuman India is and the sacrifices made by Sikhs to make Indian what it is now.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
There is in the UK. How much does everyone know of this in Canada? How do the Sikhs feel about this there? The Sikh world needs to get together and show the World how inhuman India is and the sacrifices made by Sikhs to make Indian what it is now.
BaljinderS ji the issues are unfortunately in people so called calling them Sikhs.

Reading the following if you have not already.
  • http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikh-sikhi-sikhism/38228-sikhi-end-game-4.html#post162794
    • The above post comes from a person whose claim to fame is that he sees both sides in everything.
    • For example in that post he assigns that it was a Sikh General or whatever who lead the attack on Harmandir Sahib
      • So suddenly it becomes that the plan was executed by Sikhs in the Army
      • How more illogical can you get!
      • Are we expecting such to be the bearers of Sikhism into the future! Hardly.

• http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikh-sikhi-sikhism/38228-sikhi-end-game-4.html#post162801
    • Here is a supporter for the above post
    • The Grammar guru with 3 or 4 lines repeated over 998 posts to create doubt, jam threads with repeated nonsense about Grammar and injection of Hinduism/Ram/Prabhu/Brahma/.... into as many threads as possible
    • Are we expecting such to be the bearers of Sikhism into the future! Hardly.
  • With friends of Sikhism as such who needs enemies!
Now let us look at the sister thread on the subject where Balwant Singh refused to meet with the following,

84fee749-b2a6-4d05-9156-56ad2163636.jpg

How many eyes of sincerity you spot? I have difficulty seeing too many if any!

What could be the reason? It is insulting, degrading and utterly shameful for people like above to show up. Everybody believes their picture on TV will translate into that they have done all they could. How disgusting can that be? These people, the SGPC and all civil libertarians have the capability to canvass millions to come to see Balwant Singh. Appearing like a group with no follow through defines what Balwant Singh saw in these people? Just eunuchs and lip service with no heart in the issue. If I was him, I would do the same.

People need to rise and recognize the enemies, traitors and ineffective people with Sikh persona determined to destroy Sikhism knowingly or unknowingly.

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

BaljinderS

SPNer
Dec 29, 2011
Hanji veer ji, I was thinking the same. Just look at the eye's of the pakhandies in the photo. The eye's tell you a lot!! They remind of pigs who live in rubbish, eat rubbish and talk rubbish.
I feel that Balwant Singh is my brother. I feel hurt but that feeling is overrun by how proud I feel as Sikh that we have such a courageous warrior who is making the ultimate sacrifice.

I will make sure that my children know about warriors like this.

Feb 28, 2012
BaljinderS Veerji

Everyone in Canada very well know about this but only few guys in each city are getting together and approaching high authorities to talk to Indian government. Rest of the People are just ignoring and saying that he wants shaheedi, so let it happen. I don't know what has happened to the people here. Waheguru mehar kare.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver

Unfortunately not much is being done here in Vancouver. I'm not sure why sometimes since majority of punjabis here are still 1st generation and behind a few gaps compared to UK.
Even on the radio, there is only mention but no action being put forward. I think the problem is there are plenty of different radio stations and tv channels but there is not any strong central mainstream media such as the sikh channel in UK. It's a very good resource you have in UK, and we could do with something similar.
The community in Surrey is vast with the gurdwaras being a big part of life for most. With regards to petitions for other issues and beings, the sikh community never have any problems in getting support across the board. Bigwigs such as the mayor, ministers etc... never ignore any issue put forward by sikhs, they always seem more supportive than the MP's etc.. back in UK.
The human rights coalition is very strong here in BC providing plenty of support, they have control in dictating many of the rights and laws.
However, when it comes to international issues, Canada seems to sit back and watch USA, they are very cautious and have thus survived the recession by using this approach.
I think there should be more awareness that should come from a central source, this way it could reach all at the right times.

Waheguru

OneD10s

SPNer
Nov 27, 2011
I think the sikh world is getting together on this there are protests in Italy, Uk, Germany, Pakistan, and India.

Why don't the Indian government give our own homeland and leave us alone???

BaljinderS

SPNer
Dec 29, 2011
I think the sikh world is getting together on this there are protests in Italy, Uk, Germany, Pakistan, and India.

Why don't the Indian government give our own homeland and leave us alone???

Hanji veer ji, Finally the Sikhs are protesting from all around the World. Waheguru mehar kare.

----------------
Deg Teg Fateh Panth Kee Jeet

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM