• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Ignorant Person Giving Sikhi A Bad Name. Please Comment!

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
I most humbly submit that we lock this thread as nothing more good is going to be coming out from what I have seen. The truths are only known to the girl and her family and the rest of us are kind of playing God based on a Youtube video.

Let us respect the family and the girl's privacy unless they seek our advice or counsel.

Sat Sri Akal.

Spiritual

SPNer
May 24, 2012
some of the things that she has said are not true where as some parts probably are. She was shown two guys to which she agreed to marry them. It wasn't forced at all but at the same time she was messing around with a married muslim guy. Also yeah her family did believe in some spirit stuff. There's allways two sides to a story at the moment she is making it all one sided. She also claims her family are looking for her up until this day, that is not true at all. They know where she lives but don't have or want anything to do with her. They have there own life and she has hers.

BaljinderS

SPNer
Dec 29, 2011
oh man.. not sure where to start with this one.. I think we all agree that all mumbo jumbo she is saying is nothing to do with Sikhism. Her body language tells me that she is very confused and needs something to blame. I think her family is to blame here (her mother more than the father). I actually feel sorry for her. She clearly has been messed around with, to take a such step to tell others about her confused state. This is just the beggining of her confusion, she will be even more confused in years to come peacesign

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany
Ha Ha! This video make me laugh! What about all these pedophile priests who abuse little kids in their "church"? This girl is so ignoroant and dumb - in every "religion" there are black sheeps , NO! in the WHOLEhuman race there are many BLACK SHEEPS.
Maybe she is telling the truth maybe not? We don´t know... This is just a problem with her "familiy", this is no religious problem or whatever.

But like some wise person said :

Ignorance is a part of the human being.

Last edited:

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
oh man.. not sure where to start with this one.. I think we all agree that all mumbo jumbo she is saying is nothing to do with Sikhism. Her body language tells me that she is very confused and needs something to blame. I think her family is to blame here (her mother more than the father). I actually feel sorry for her. She clearly has been messed around with, to take a such step to tell others about her confused state. This is just the beggining of her confusion, she will be even more confused in years to come peacesign
Why her mother more than her father?

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
... I think her family is to blame here (her mother more than the father).

You really need to back this up with some solid rationale because there is no information in that clip to suggest her mother is more to blame than her father.

Please explain where you get that idea from.

swordfight

BaljinderS

SPNer
Dec 29, 2011
You really need to back this up with some solid rationale because there is no information in that clip to suggest her mother is more to blame than her father.

Please explain where you get that idea from.

swordfight

Good question. Okay, I will try to explain :redturban:

Mother is a teacher to a child even before the child is born and she is a teacher to her child for most of their lives. A child always looks up to their mother and picks her behaviour, her habits etc The law is always on the mothers side if parents are separated etc..

In this case, if the mother had actually spent the time and shown her the true values of Sikhi then it would have never come to this. I am not saying a father doesn't have any role in this, he does indeed. A mother has very powerful influence over her children, I think most philosophers agree on this fact.

Hopefully this makes sense , as I am no philsopher by long shot :) Hope you get I am trying to say..

Last edited:

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany
Brother, please don´t blame it on to the mother - both parents are "guilty". The father just the same as the mother. In this video I can clearly see, this is an lack of education about Sikhi - she is just convey the "values "(if you can call it values) she learned.If this really happend what she says - then both parents are ignorant and she undertook this ignorance. Her psych is just deep damaged. She said that the we worshipped our Gurus, but in the same way she is worshipping jesus? Any sense? However both parent parts play a huge role - I am coming more after my father - who does not believe in hinduistic dogmas - but my mother somehow believes in such things - but they have nothing to do with sikhism. Sometimes I make fun of her when she says you can´t buy iron on tuesday - and she gets angry. Most of my time I watched my father - not my mother - though my mother cared much for me.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Thank you Tigerstylezji.

Baljinder, mothers and fathers should play an equal role in raising children. Putting majority blame on the mother while the father beats the daughter is a symptom of a patriarcal, misogynistic cultural upbringing. Chances are the assanine man beats the mother too and I'm sure some people would say a) it's the mothers fault if the father beats her because obviously she did something to deserve it and b) it was the father's mother's fault for not teaching him well enough in the first place.

*sigh* :banghead:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
I think we should just stop the judging and leave this thread.
I don't know the face, but I have heard of someone with a very similar story. That person I heard passed away from a nasty overdose. I'm not saying it is the charachter in the video, but if it was then we really shouldn't be discussing this at all.

So, lets just give this social and cultural issue a break as it is clearly not to do with general sikhism for the sake of the whole family and friends.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Good point Lucky ji.

My comments were more about the general ideas of 'mother should teach the children' rather than this specific family.

Apologies if I have caused any offence as my comments were based on the story around the family and not the family themselves. If that makes sense. I'm sure it's not the first family with a story like this and it probably won't be the last.

Apr 11, 2007
I feel happy for her that she has found love, but the love she recieved has not helped her overcome the hate she still has inside her from her past. What does she wish to gain from showing her hurt so publically, I hope she is not trying to analyse sikhism to a form of repressive thought or a repressive religion, that is her families issues or cultural issues not a religious one. Throughout Sikh history, sikhs have helped communities overcome repression and I hope we will never parade that help given in good faith that way, that help does not look humble it makes a religion a faith look fanatical and shows a ego that I hope sikhism never gathers. If someone has family issues that have been helped with by God's grace It will take time but god will heal that hate hopefully with further love and maybe peace. God is the same to all in sikhism this is not a sikh issue it is a shame that she shows so much hate to a religion when, that new found faith or religion she has joined now should have taught her to show more love. If she still has anger it should be directed at her upbringing if anything like a jerry springer show. Not to a universal religion like sikhism that never did anything wrong to her! Shame her upbringing gave her limited knowledge on sikhism as in sikhism the path she has picked is ok aswell just she should not show hate for others really. It is a family crises!

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM