• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

I Want To Attend Gudwara. But All Of Their Contact Numbers Are Useless

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Actually anyone can do katha. A granthi is not necessarily any more qualified to do it than a learned member of sangat.

Cool :)

You know in certain gurdwarras, my dad wasnt allowed to do kirtan because he doesnt wear a pagh.

Insanity that a human being wasn't permitted to sing his love for the lord in the place in which He's worshipped, because of their outer appearence. Really sad

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
yes, but this discussion is not for people that have reached the grand heights of enlightenment like you, its for people that do not know anything about Sikhism or people interested, to those, it really does matter what they are called, try looking outside the self for a change, its not all about you..

You're being pretty judgey right now. Maybe you could back off and give me some space, just a bit? Healthy boundaries

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Cool :)

You know in certain gurdwarras, my dad wasnt allowed to do kirtan because he doesnt wear a pagh.

Insanity that a human being wasn't permitted to sing his love for the lord in the place in which He's worshipped, because of their outer appearence. Really sad

And the other side of the coin is that if your dad is so much in love with Vaheguru that he is ready to do kirtan in the Gurudwara then what is stopping him to wear a pagh?

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Does wearing a pagh mean you're in love with Waheguru

Yes, it does. It is part of Sikhi in case you were not aware of it but that was not my point. You avoided my question as you usually do when you put yourself in a corner by your own doing.

Let me ask you again, if your dad is so much in love with Sikhi that he even wants to do keertan at the Gurdwaras, then why would his love for Vaheguru not let me be in the Sikhi form with a turban on?

I guess we have to define LOVE with lots of *****'s in your realm of love.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM