• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

How To Prevent Your Husband From Dying

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
what happens IF the wife ...dies ???..or is it that the wife doesnt matter ...she can die or not who cares ??.

OH I get it..that "satee" thingy was to make SURE the husband remained DEAD..so the brahmin could steal his wealth/lands and beautiful daughter....so BURN the WIFE together with the dead hubby...

Sep 27, 2008
England
What a Crazy Advertisement, those women in black were waiting like Vultures ready to jump on the poor widow. I still find it hard to believe they practised Sati not too long ago.

Last edited:

ac_marshall

SPNer
Nov 5, 2009
Bangalore, India
Not just the Brahmin, but also the immediate relatives of the husband, the village chief or Mukhiya all wait for a chance to pounce on the dead man's property and daughter like a pack of wolfs zeroing in on a sheep's family.

This is one of the sickest advertisements I have ever watched.:down:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
ac_marshall ji

I agree. There are many explanations coming from anthropology, sociology, political theory, and theology. Could the actual reason be: to keep the dowry and the jewelry? There is nothing funny about that ad.

Sep 27, 2008
England
SSA,
Narayanjot Ji i never knew it is still practised to be honest, maybe it is in rural tribal villages i presume, however it is discusting, immoral & very uncivilised in my opinion. Losing a husband is bad enough but to follow with the sati i have no words for it. Evil Evil Evil PERIOD.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
I beg to differ, its hilarious! It ridicules the whole (outdated) ritual! I don't know why you guys took it so seriously... (they are not preparing her for Sati if that's what you think)

Its ingenius and very clean compared to many other Indian commercials and doesn't send racist messages like those dreaded Fair and Lovely (Handsome) commercials!

Jarnail Singh ji, I propose we make husbands also wear bindis with Camlin Permanent Markers and go through the same ritual. :)

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Not just the Brahmin, but also the immediate relatives of the husband, the village chief or Mukhiya all wait for a chance to pounce on the dead man's property and daughter like a pack of wolfs zeroing in on a sheep's family.

This is one of the sickest advertisements I have ever watched.:down:

What about the ad of axe effect where newly wedded women just remove all her ornaments and wedding ring when she saw a guy putting axe perfume from her window

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
What about the ad of axe effect where newly wedded women just remove all her ornaments and wedding ring when she saw a guy putting axe perfume from her window
I don't know what people are thinking when they call the funeral ad, horrible. Kanwardeep Singhji, I think this one is a lot worse. But still not as bad as Fair and Lovely (handsome) ads that run in India!! Those are truely from "the Devil"!
Advertizing that white (fair) skin is somehow better (lovely, handsome) than brown or black... no other ad can be comapred to this, in the 21st century!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I don't know what people are thinking when they call the funeral ad, horrible. Kanwardeep Singhji, I think this one is a lot worse. But still not as bad as Fair and Lovely (handsome) ads that run in India!! Those are truely from "the Devil"!
Advertizing that white (fair) skin is somehow better (lovely, handsome) than brown or black... no other ad can be comapred to this, in the 21st century!

Bhagat singh

The people in ad world live in reality unlike intellectuals who live's in their fanatasy world.It is one bitter truth of India that fair skin is highly prized.
Even in South India now many heroines are fair skinned girls from North India
Romancing with their dark skinned heroes.In IPL franchises openly told their
cheerleaders companies that they don't want any Black Girl as cheerleader.
Only White Girls should be in cheerleading.

The aim of ad world is to give society what they want and not to change society

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Well said Kanwardeep Singh ji,
The aim of ad world is to give society what they want and not to change society
And may I add, another aim of the ad world is to create a NEED for their product??
So yes people believe that fair skin is better but if they believe that they NEED fair skin to succeed in life... even better for the advertizers! and look that's what they have done! Their ads explicitly show that!!

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM