Hard Talk - How Many Sikhs Have Married Out Of Caste/race? | Page 37 | Sikh Philosophy Network
  • Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hard Talk How Many Sikhs Have Married Out Of Caste/race?

Currently reading:
Hard Talk How Many Sikhs Have Married Out Of Caste/race?

Have You Married Out of Your Caste/Race/Tribe? Why or Why Not?

• Yes

Votes: 112 38.2%
  • No

Votes: 181 61.8%

• Total voters

Dr.Alta

SPNer
I'm marrying outside the religion.
Because like the guru tells us "There is no Ninja, There is no Pastafarians."

Dr.Alta

SPNer
I find this question funny because:
1. Sikhi is a FAITH / RELIGION and NOT a race. It's not even a culture. (Though some may argue).
2. The question supposes that all Sikhs are of one common [race?] which is not true... well it IS true... there is only ONE race, being the human race. All Sikhs are human! But I digress... maybe we should say culture or ethnicity instead? All Sikhs are not comprised of one culture/ethnicity.

So how should I answer? I am caucasian, born and raised in Canada. I follow Sikhi of my own accord. I married a Punjabi Sikh. Do I answer 'yes' because I married outside my [culture/ethnicity] being caucasian?? LOL
Here, Here!
Sikhi is a faith, Sikhism is the culture. This is why the Wholly Marines say it's Sikhi without the Sikhism.

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
If I married a girl who is part 1/5th part Vedic Aryan, 1/5th part Dravidian, 1/5th part Greek, 1/5th part Turk, and 1/5th part Mongol ... does that count?

But seriously... I did marry outside my caste (none), race (gora), and religion (Christian)

I figure I am doing my Christian in-laws an invaluable service. These proselytizing Abrahamics need somebody to pray for, right?

I hope Jesus takes it into consideration when I die!

:mundawinks:
It depends

Someone's beliefs can mould them.

A Muslim can have 4 wives and can do alot of other things also according to his faith..

Which is the only reason why I don't think I could marry a practicing one. I think it may potentially be disastrous for me especially in these times. However I have Muslim friends and love them dearly like brothers and sisters, and their kids like sons and daughters.

I am certainly open to marrying a good soul who practices their faith in a humane manner

Skin color doesn't mean anything, and alot of punjabis are just straight up racist, many of my family members included.

They don't understand that we're One

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.