• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

S Asia Hindustan, Pakistan Bhai Bhai?

Feb 19, 2007
Delhi India
I do not understand this. but there are too many coincidences to let it pass as comical blunderings of politicians. Just consider the following:

1. In 1999 Vajpayee starts a bus to Lahore.
  2. In 2001 Vajpayee invites Mussharaf to Agra.
  3. In 2004 Advani says Jinnah is a great guy.
  4. A few months back Manmohan says we must keep talking to Pak, no matter what.
  5. Recently Jaswant also says that Jinnah is great guy.
  6. Shourie says that Jinnah may not be such a bad guy.
  7. And now wonder of wonders Sudarshan, ex RSS boss says not only was Jinnah a great guy but also a great Indian Nationalist(?!) who worked closely with Lokmanya Tilak for the good of India!! he also goes on to say that he was not at all responsible for the partition.
Can you believe that all these are just spontaneus unplanned and unrelated events?

Do you not think that some power (USA?) is quietly nudging India towards Pakistan?

AusDesi

SPNer
Jul 18, 2009
Dharmashtere Australiashtre
The first two are unconnected from the rest. Vajpayee visited Pak and Invited Mush because its stupid to have warlike relations with neighbours all the time.

Having said that, Jinnah wasn't as bad Congies would have us believe. Certainly his role in attacks on non-muslims cannot be denied but in the earlier part of his life he was a drinker and a womanizer. Its abit odd for the president of the Islamic republic to have been a drinker if not a womanizer. He was also a nationalist at some point.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
The first two are unconnected from the rest. Vajpayee visited Pak and Invited Mush because its stupid to have warlike relations with neighbours all the time.

Having said that, Jinnah wasn't as bad Congies would have us believe. Certainly his role in attacks on non-muslims cannot be denied but in the earlier part of his life he was a drinker and a womanizer. Its abit odd for the president of the Islamic republic to have been a drinker if not a womanizer. He was also a nationalist at some point.

On some other forum I read that Jinnah was even an Atheist.Only after he realised that he could become lleaders of muslims he joined muslim league and became leader of muslims

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
I DONT LIKE THIS BHAI BHAI STUFF.
remember 1962..CHOU EN LAI and NEHRU..in the streets of Delhi..Hindi cheeni Bhai bhai..
AND THEN CHINA ATTACKED !!! Only the American seventh fleet saved Indias A**.
This time around its the CHINESE FLEET that surrounds India !! BURMA...BANGLADESH..SRI LANKA..and Karachi..all are China friendly !!!
CHINA has publicly declared that there can be only ONE SUPER POWER in ASIA...and its going to be CHINA.:wah::wah::wah::wah:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Harbhans ji

Like Gyani I don't like the Bhai Bhai message either because it is more of the story of the scorpion and the frog. A deal with the dark side never works and always backfires.

BUT - Why does Manmohan Singh say keep talking to Pakistan? And why does it look, and it is probably true, that the US nudges India toward Pakistan? I am not a foreign affairs expert. But I do know that there are not many strategies to try out and/or people are not that creative. The strategy - "Keep Talking" - is used whenever an outcome is uncertain. Pakistan has the bomb - you know which one. The pie that is Pakistan is in danger of crumbling at the center. The edges of the pie are being slowing eaten away by Taliban and other Islamic fundamentalists. How long before the crust and the center collapse and the weapons of mass destruction become booty of extremists who have already shown they have no desire to negotiate? That is all I can figure...:unsure: With the dialog between India and Pakistan ongoing, perhaps there is hope that India's persistent connection to the current government will keep the ultimate disaster from occurring. That theory has been tried times in the past. What other strategy would work? I am here to learn.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
And I forgot, Gyani ji ...the China connection. If Pakistan collapses China (3rd party in Asia with the bomb) will feel forced to move into that region in force. And then India will be surrounded... you are right. High stakes chess match...and then of course there is Iran.

The pie that is Pakistan is in danger of crumbling at the center. The edges of the pie are being slowing eaten away by Taliban and other Islamic fundamentalists. How long before the crust and the center collapse and the weapons of mass destruction become booty of extremists who have already shown they have no desire to negotiate

GOD DANG IT!

you just had to use a detailed food metaphor didnt ya! now im all hungry and craving pie and am gonna have to go out and get some pie mmmmm apple:8-:)

oh and i agree...India be weary of its current predicament.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
GOD DANG IT!

you just had to use a detailed food metaphor didnt ya! now im all hungry and craving pie and am gonna have to go out and get some pie mmmmm apple:8-:)

oh and i agree...India be weary of its current predicament.

Weary, yes. And also, WARY! Now go and have some pie.:cool:

Feb 19, 2007
Delhi India
Narayanjot ji,

A large majority of Indians would like Pakistan to be bombed out of existance. But thats not of much help. Because if whatever authority Pakistan Govt is now able to exercise is lost then most definitely Taliban will have a free run on the WMDs of Pakistan and you can pretty well be sure that they will use it against India in the first instant. So however much Indians may dislike Pakis, by sheer necessity a Pakistan Govt has to be in charge. America is well aware of this. Hence it is forcing Pakistan for an all out offencive agaist Taliban and is itself engaged in covert operation against it. At the same time it is nudging India towards Pakistan.
America hopes that a strong India and a stable Pakistan in its sphere of influence will act as a counterweight to growing Chinese hegemony in the area.

Necessity does make for strange bedfellows.

Aug 17, 2009

I am still wondering what has happened to hindus and their hardliners why has all of a sudden the love for Jinnah become a fashion.

Was Jinnah good or bad ? His actions speak. I wonder how mindsets change that fast. If there was a nationalist in him would he have called for 'direct action' ?

What i feel is the congress was and perhaps is a company of businessmen. The sudden love for India in the heart of Gandhi. First he was concerned about south Africa and then suddenly he remembered ' Hey man ! there is more to invest in India ' Jinnah similiarly remembered jihad and islam perhaps he need some more sips to keep him dreaning in the congress world. ;)

Hardip Singh

SPNer
Jan 14, 2009
I am still wondering what has happened to hindus and their hardliners why has all of a sudden the love for Jinnah become a fashion.

Was Jinnah good or bad ? His actions speak. I wonder how mindsets change that fast. If there was a nationalist in him would he have called for 'direct action' ?

What i feel is the congress was and perhaps is a company of businessmen. The sudden love for India in the heart of Gandhi. First he was concerned about south Africa and then suddenly he remembered ' Hey man ! there is more to invest in India ' Jinnah similiarly remembered jihad and islam perhaps he need some more sips to keep him dreaning in the congress world. ;)

Sir, This is nothing but Gandhi 's bashing. Everybody knows Gandhi was too much inclined to Nehru and it was due to the hard stand taken by Gandhi to make Nehru as PM of the sovergion India, a person like Jinnah was forced to shift his total nationalistic stand to a seperate nation for Muslims. By spreding all these talks, BJP wallas are just shifting the focus against Gandhis and Nehrus, just to save their recent losses in the parlimentery elections.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Sir, This is nothing but Gandhi 's bashing. Everybody knows Gandhi was too much inclined to Nehru and it was due to the hard stand taken by Gandhi to make Nehru as PM of the sovergion India, a person like Jinnah was forced to shift his total nationalistic stand to a seperate nation for Muslims. By spreding all these talks, BJP wallas are just shifting the focus against Gandhis and Nehrus, just to save their recent losses in the parlimentery elections.

A totally plausible deduction sardar Hardip singh Ji..
YES I guess the colossal defeat of BJP is very difficult to stomach..giving them heartburn ....???/so the "Bad Carpenter seeks tools to blame !!
Methinks ALL of them deserve a bashing..Gandhi, nehru, patel , That buffalo like Pant (once home minster), gulzari lal nanda (Rabid anti sikh anti punjab home minster)and the Jan sanghis, the rsstypes, the mahashas of lalajagatnarain types...all communalists of the highest order. They saw to it that India never had a chance to nurture a secular leadership..always pushing the communal buttons..the Akalis with their Panth in Danger ( Akalis like the proverbial Boy who cried Wolf...cried this Panth In Danger so often..that NOW..when the Panth is REALLY IN DANGER from BADAL..no one comes to help !!):}:):}:):}:)

AusDesi

SPNer
Jul 18, 2009

Firstly, BJP or RSS are not respresentative of all hindus.

Second, why? I don't know either. Its a dud issue. The partition happened and it is past. Instead of concentrating of the drought, India turning its *** to america and other thing this is the issue BJP has found.

However, that doesn't change the fact that Jinnah was a member of congress. He was also a nationalist. he was also a secularist for some time. Yes he changed but it could be argued that if congress had not been divided by caste, region and leadership problems then he would not have turned to the other side.

This issue should be left to historians and not to polticians. The country needs a strong government and a strong opposition.

AusDesi

SPNer
Jul 18, 2009
You are right to some extent. That might have been the reason why Jaswant made the book.

I have never liked the Nehru-Gandhi dynasty. Infact, it is the main reason i dislike congress. I dislike BJP also for having stupid region centric issues which can never unite the nation.

Anyways, I think this has backfired on Rajnath Singh. You cannot keep pushing out senior leaders and hope to have a stronger party.

AusDesi

SPNer
Jul 18, 2009
First he was concerned about south Africa and then suddenly he remembered ' Hey man ! there is more to invest in India '
I have thought about this. I agree. If Gandhi had not got a wooping on that train he would never have returned to India to fight against british rule.

Anyways, in terms of Gandhi's role in partition. I think if Gandhi had been secular then parition could have been avoided even if Muslim League was willing to fight.

Problem was Gandhi was secular but he was religiously secular. Infact, he was pretty much a hindu saint who also happened to be a politician. Why would a muslim have trusted Gandhi over their own people giving the deep divisions in India society at the time.

I actually don't like Gandhi for many reasons. He was a casteist. He had the attitude of a suicidal maniac. "Give me what I want or I will starve myself to death". My mum used to say "Thank god he died early in the independence, had he lived another 10 years he would have starved himself every month over every issue."

Many people have said why isn't there an Arab Gandhi. Simple fact is, it was much easier for the british to make Gandhi the leader of Indian than a Bhagat Singh type. He became big only because the brits let him live. In the situation of Palestine. A peaceful Arab leader would be shot an hour after his peacul speech by the Israelis.

Aug 17, 2009
The fact is there is no need for gandhi giri. We can blame 1000 other people for 1000 other reasons and advocate jinnah's way of thinking however the fact is if he was a true nationalist he wouldnt have dont what he did. Was he nationalist only for power ?

If the people of India had national concern they would have chosen any other leader other than Gandhi. Master Tara Singh whom I admire from the heart was perhaps a much better choice.

Anyways these talks are of the dead horse of partition. The fact is all this bhai bhai is possible when both think of the same thing at the same time.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM