• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hinduism Hinduism, Sufism And Sikhism

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Respected Nadeem Ji,

thanks for your efforts to convince us with your arguments, but things are not getting any clear.

Nadeem said:
It was providential that Islam and Hinduism met on Indian soil and permitted Sikhism to benefit so directly from both.

this is where we started to talk about -if there are any Similarities...

The argument above is a very confusing one, and can mislead anybody to think that Sikhism is a mixture of two then existed main Religious Schools of Thought.

I do not see anybody convinced with your arguments that followed the above post.

Sikh Religion is based on rules of Humanity and thus Spirituality.

We believe in same God pervading everywhere, in all. To experience that belief we train our thought process to consider all equal.

This reflects in our traditions-

Equal treatment for all, praying together, eating together, all are welcome to Gurdwara/Congregation of Sangat………
Our main emphasis is on the inner cleansing, not outer rituals.

When Sikh Religion was emerging- Islaam was prescribing the penalty of death for
anyone whoever said that any other Faith was as good as Islam.

Bhakti Lehar you are talking about was basically hidden behind the veils of outer forms of worship and rituals.

Sufism is also not something that is entertained completely by Islaam as a part of it. (Are there any Mosques where Sufism is practiced e.g. men and women pray together? just asking)

Sikhs were never benefited by any of these, instead our Guru Sahibaan have given their lives for the sake of other’s beliefs…….
Does that sound like a benefit?

forgive me please

badmash

SPNer
Jan 25, 2007
It is not in the Sikh tradition to argue about these kinds of things. Actions speak for themselves. And Sufism is a great tradition, too bad it is under assault by "pure" muslims. Sufism has given much to Indian music and religion and to Sikhism.

Nadeem

SPNer
Mar 8, 2007
United Kingdom
In fact, it was my impression that Sikhs generally do not argue about these things. I was simply amazed that some people in this Forum find it very difficult to make crucial distinctions between sufism and fundamentalism and regard all Muslims as the same. None of my Sikh friends have ever said anything a remotely disturbing as the things posted on this website. All of my Sikh friends love the Sufi tradition with a passion. Perhaps they are more educated about these things.

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
It is not in the Sikh tradition to argue about these kinds of things. Actions speak for themselves. And Sufism is a great tradition, too bad it is under assault by "pure" muslims. Sufism has given much to Indian music and religion and to Sikhism.

Saadh Sangat Ji,

thanks for the comments,

With due respect to Sufism.

a healthy discussion on a topic does not hurt, everybody learns. hiding away and not speaking up what you think never helps, does it.

forgive me please

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM