• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hinduism Hinduism Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Re: Hinduism rant.

Kamala Ji...
When Guru Nanak ji Sahib stood in the ganges Waters surrounded by a million devout Hindus throwing water to their ANCESTORS they beleived were living in the SUN...Guur Ji told them this is RIDICULOUS and to show them just HOW RIDICULOUS their actions were..Guur Ji faced the WEST..and began to throw water skywards !!...Nearly everyone who saw this action of Guru Ji..was flabbergasted !! What a MAD MAN...doesnt he know how we do things around here...we ALL throw water to the SUN. So they asked Guru Ji...so whats up Doc ?? and Guru ji replied with a question...why are all of you throwing water to the SUN ? OH to send it to our THIRSTY ANCESTORS living on the SUN...they replied. Do you all know just how FAR the Sun is..just How terribly HOT the Sun is ?? How could anyone be living there..and just how far can your water go ??..and What about YOU...what are you doing throwing water towards the WEST ? OH I come from PUNJAB..and am watering my fields !! Are you MAD ?? how can the water thrown form here reach PUNJAB..hundreds of miles away ??
You see they were ALL perfectly AWARE of their silly actions....BUT did they ALL STOP and LISTEN and STOP DOING their SILLY acts ?? Just go to the Ganges or during the KUMBH MELA..and see for yourself....Guru nanak ji saw perhaps a Million..now we can see MANY MILLIONS....in the 21st Century..Age of Internet/Science/Space Journeys..etc etc 500 years AFTER Guru nanak jis visit of ILLUMINATION...those MILLIONS chose to remain in the DARK..and send water to their LIVING ancestors in the SUN !! They DIDNT understand GURU NANAK ji in PERSON..they still DONT UNDERSTAND SGGS TODAY....same as YOU DONT UNDERSTAND as you wrote above.

2. Gurbani "mentions" pittars (dead ancestors) etc..doesnt MEAN that Guru ji is confirming pittars EXIST...Guur ji is just addressing a "beleif" just like the shivji parvati ganesh krishan ramchander beleifs...IF GURU NANAK really "beleived" in the Pittars HE MENTIONS in his Gurbani..He would have THROWN THEM WATER TOO ??? See how simply "addressing" and actually Believing are entirely two different things...WE too are simply "addressing" YOUR devis and Devtas.in our Posts when we mention them....we DONT ACTUALLY BELIEVE they EXIST. Rest is up to you..Be Happy in your beleifs...we have no problems with that.cheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleaderSikhi and Gurmatt is a VERY liberal free religion..we Dont beleive in the Janeau..BUT we will die to defend your Janeau..as shown by Guru teg bahadur Ji.:):):):):)

Feb 23, 2012
United Kingdom

NO jios..NOT the WORDS...just the TUNES/MELODIES. The Vaars are sung to the TUNES/MELODIES of Popular Folk songs/Ballads. The WORDS of the Ballad of The One armed King Tunda Asraja DONT MATTER.
icecreammundaicecreammunda

lol lol lol lol lol lol

Doh! lol

I am relieved to have misunderstood you. I didn't even want to ask about Lady Gaga songs lol

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.

Kamala Ji...
When Guru Nanak ji Sahib stood in the ganges Waters surrounded by a million devout Hindus throwing water to their ANCESTORS they beleived were living in the SUN...Guru Ji told them this is RIDICULOUS and to show them just HOW RIDICULOUS their actions were..Guru Ji faced the WEST..and began to throw water skywards !!...Nearly everyone who saw this action of Guru Ji..was flabbergasted !! What a MAD MAN...doesnt he know how we do things around here...we ALL throw water to the SUN. So they asked Guru Ji...so whats up Doc ?? and Guru ji replied with a question...why are all of you throwing water to the SUN ? OH to send it to our THIRSTY ANCESTORS living on the SUN...they replied. Do you all know just how FAR the Sun is..just How terribly HOT the Sun is ?? How could anyone be living there..and just how far can your water go ??..and What about YOU...what are you doing throwing water towards the WEST ? OH I come from PUNJAB..and am watering my fields !! Are you MAD ?? how can the water thrown form here reach PUNJAB..hundreds of miles away ??
You see they were ALL perfectly AWARE of their silly actions....BUT did they ALL STOP and LISTEN and STOP DOING their SILLY acts ?? Just go to the Ganges or during the KUMBH MELA..and see for yourself....Guru nanak ji saw perhaps a Million..now we can see MANY MILLIONS....in the 21st Century..Age of Internet/Science/Space Journeys..etc etc 500 years AFTER Guru nanak jis visit of ILLUMINATION...those MILLIONS chose to remain in the DARK..and send water to their LIVING ancestors in the SUN !! They DIDNT understand GURU NANAK ji in PERSON..they still DONT UNDERSTAND Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji TODAY....same as YOU DONT UNDERSTAND as you wrote above.

2. Gurbani "mentions" pittars (dead ancestors) etc..doesnt MEAN that Guru ji is confirming pittars EXIST...Guru ji is just addressing a "belief" just like the shivji parvati ganesh krishan ramchander beleifs...IF GURU NANAK really "beleived" in the Pittars HE MENTIONS in his Gurbani..He would have THROWN THEM WATER TOO ??? See how simply "addressing" and actually Believing are entirely two different things...WE too are simply "addressing" YOUR devis and Devtas.in our Posts when we mention them....we DONT ACTUALLY BELIEVE they EXIST. Rest is up to you..Be Happy in your beleifs...we have no problems with that.cheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleadercheerleaderSikhi and Gurmatt is a VERY liberal free religion..we Dont beleive in the Janeau..BUT we will die to defend your Janeau..as shown by Guru teg bahadur Ji.:):):):):)
Believing in one exist and believing they are God are two different things. I know for a fact that they do exist, but are not god. I do not worship them, but I do respect them.

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada

ਗਉੜੀ ਮਹਲਾ
Gauree, Fifth Mehl:

ਹੈ ਕੋਈ ਐਸਾ ਹਉਮੈ ਤੋਰੈ
Is there anyone, who can shatter his ego,

ਇਸੁ ਮੀਠੀ ਤੇ ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਹੋਰੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
and turn his mind away from this sweet Maya? ||1||Pause||

ਅਗਿਆਨੀ ਮਾਨੁਖੁ ਭਇਆ ਜੋ ਨਾਹੀ ਸੋ ਲੋਰੈ
Humanity is in spiritual ignorance; people see things that do not exist.

ਰੈਣਿ ਅੰਧਾਰੀ ਕਾਰੀਆ ਕਵਨ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਜਿਤੁ ਭੋਰੈ ॥੧॥
The night is dark and gloomy; how will the morning dawn? ||1||

ਭ੍ਰਮਤੋ ਭ੍ਰਮਤੋ ਹਾਰਿਆ ਅਨਿਕ ਬਿਧੀ ਕਰਿ ਟੋਰੈ
Wandering, wandering all around, I have grown weary; trying all sorts of things, I have been searching.

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਭਈ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਨਿਧਿ ਮੋਰੈ ॥੨॥੧੨॥੧੫੦॥
Says Nanak, He has shown mercy to me; I have found the treasure of the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada

Another shabad:

ਅਸਤਿ ਏਕ ਦਿਗਰਿ ਕੁਈ ॥
The One Lord alone exists. Who else is there?

ਏਕ ਤੁਈ ਏਕ ਤੁਈ ॥੩॥
You alone, Lord, You alone.

Shabad 2:

ਈਹਾ ਊਹਾ ਏਕੈ ਓਹੀ ॥
eehaa oohaa eaekai ouhee ||
Here and there, only the One God exists.

ਜਤ ਕਤ ਦੇਖੀਐ ਤਤ ਤਤ ਤੋਹੀ ॥
jath kath dhaekheeai thath thath thohee ||
Wherever I look, there You are.

ਤਿਸੁ ਸੇਵਤ ਮਨਿ ਆਲਸੁ ਕਰੈ ॥
this saevath man aalas karai ||
My mind is reluctant to serve Him;

ਜਿਸੁ ਵਿਸਰਿਐ ਇਕ ਨਿਮਖ ਨ ਸਰੈ ॥੭॥
jis visariai eik nimakh n sarai ||7||
forgetting Him, I cannot survive, even for an instant. ||7||

Shabad 3:

ਮਾਲੀ ਗਉੜਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
Maalee Gauraa, Fifth Mehl:

ਮਨਿ ਤਨਿ ਬਸਿ ਰਹੇ ਗੋਪਾਲ ॥
The Lord of the World abides in my mind and body.

ਦੀਨ ਬਾਂਧਵ ਭਗਤਿ ਵਛਲ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Friend of the meek, Lover of His devotees, forever and ever merciful. ||1||Pause||

ਆਦਿ ਅੰਤੇ ਮਧਿ ਤੂਹੈ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਬਿਨਾ ਨਾਹੀ ਕੋਇ ॥
In the beginning, in the end and in the middle, You alone exist, God; there is none other than You.

ਪੂਰਿ ਰਹਿਆ ਸਗਲ ਮੰਡਲ ਏਕੁ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਸੋਇ ॥੧॥
He is totally permeating and pervading all worlds; He is the One and only Lord and Master. ||1||

ਕਰਨਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਸੁ ਨੇਤ੍ਰ ਦਰਸਨੁ ਰਸਨਿ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਉ ॥
With my ears I hear God's Praises, and with my eyes I behold the Blessed Vision of His Darshan; with my tongue I sing the Lord's Glorious Praises.

ਬਲਿਹਾਰਿ ਜਾਏ ਸਦਾ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਦੇਹੁ ਅਪਣਾ ਨਾਉ ॥੨॥੩॥੮॥੬॥੧੪॥
Nanak is forever a sacrifice to You; please, bless me with Your Name.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Now one final word from me...........One can always succeed in taking a horse to the water...BUT one CANNOT force it to drink.....APPLIES here......Humanity is in spiritual ignorance; people see things that do not exist.:):)

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006

Believing in one exist and believing they are God are two different things. I know for a fact that they do exist, but are not god. I do not worship them, but I do respect them.

When you put it that way I think I understand what you're trying to say.

And Kamala ji, I think that's fine (not that you need my validation).

You have the right to believe whatever you want to believe about the world, just like everybody else does.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

Not wanting to start debates anymore, think whatever you want~~

Kamala Ji,

I do find that you kind of expect to have more open mindedness discussion on references as per Gurbani on Hinduism engulfed facts.
On page 263 Line 16 it is stated:

Har Simran Lag Bayd Upaa-ay

Remembering the Lord, the Vedas were composed.

Who then composed the Vedas?

Are Vedas really Hinduism at all?

100% Proof Rig Veda is Not Hindus Scriptures And Sanskrit is Not Hindus Language You Tube.flv - YouTube

Last edited:

sanj007

SPNer
Dec 13, 2010

Who then composed the Vedas?

Are Vedas really Hinduism at all?

Haha interesting the level non hindus try to tell hindus what theior faith is about, laughable.
Ok this tinpot aryan invasion theory which came and wiped out the harappan civilisation and brought Vedas has been slamm dunked to the dustbin of human history, why, well there was a river called saraswati in ancient times in North India, which dried up and this caused the harappan civilisation to disband not some magical aryan invaders, and why does Vedas not quote geographical locations in central asia but India:
http://www.boloji.com/index.cfm?md=Content&sd=Articles&ArticleID=740

The word ‘Arya’ itself is not used in the context of race anywhere in the Vedas. It is a form of address to give respect as in Sir or Monsieur
Now if an invader came and drove the inhabitants out, logic dictates that such an invader would occupy these towns. But archaeological findings prove this was not the case. And these ‘great invaders’ who came from the north west and occupied this land, sang the praises of our rivers, glorified our mountains and called this the holy land. Not their own homeland? That doesn’t make sense. Every reference to any place in the scriptures can be found on what is still, to this day, the Indian sub-continent. Not one place is somewhere in Central Asia or Europe where these supposed invaders came from

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom

I also almost always see people on this site saying that reincarnation and karma is not part of Sikhism, which is extremely incorrect.

There is a reason why the Sikh concept of Karma and the Hindu one's differ hugely. Two words - Caste System.

Hindu's believe in castes based on previous Karma. They believe in subdivisions in the following way:

1) Brahmin
2) Kshatriya
3) Vaishnav
4) Sudra
5) Untouchable/ some animals
6) Animals
7) Plants
8) Minerals/Rocks etc

Sikh's believe as Human beings we are all one when we are born - only animals, plants, minerals/rocks are lower than humans. Sikh subdivision based on Karma is:

1) HUMAN

2) Plant/Animal/Rock

Therefore the concept of reincarnation in Sikhism and Hunduism cannot be the same.

sanj007

SPNer
Dec 13, 2010

There is a reason why the Sikh concept of Karma and the Hindu one's differ hugely. Two words - Caste System.

Hindu's believe in castes based on previous Karma. They believe in subdivisions in the following way:

1) Brahmin
2) Kshatriya
3) Vaishnav
4) Sudra
5) Untouchable/ some animals
6) Animals
7) Plants
8) Minerals/Rocks etc

Sikh's believe as Human beings we are all one when we are born - only animals, plants, minerals/rocks are lower than humans. Sikh subdivision based on Karma is:

1) HUMAN

2) Plant/Animal/Rock

Therefore the concept of reincarnation in Sikhism and Hunduism cannot be the same.

What are u talking about believe in caste system, there is no caste system in vedas:
http://agniveer.com/888/caste-system/
The word ‘Varna’ is used not only for these four, but also for Dasyu and Arya.
‘Varna’ means one that is adopted by choice. Thus, while Jaati is provided by God, ‘Varna’ is our own choice.
Those who choose to be Arya are called ‘Arya Varna’. Those who choose to be Dasyu become ‘Dasyu Varna’. Same for Brahmin, Kshatriya, Vaishya and Shudra.
That is why Vedic Dharma is called ‘Varnashram Dharma’. The word Varna itself implies that this is based on complete freedom of choice and meritocracy.

There is no birth based caste, our functions are based on our training as per Hindu scriptures.

Each function has to have a name, or do you suggest each function like priest, cleaner, hunter defender becalled nothing, jeez! Each function has dignity if Labour, no fucntion should be demeaned as all we are all human beings and all functions come togther for the betterment of society.
We are all equal in human terms, and gain professions according to our trainig and abilities, this is not based on birth hence why Lord Krishna says:
In The Bhagawad Gita, sloka 20, Chapter 10, Lord Krishna says,
"I am the Self seated in the heart of all creatures. I am the beginning, the middle and the very end of all beings". All beings have, therefore to be treated alike. "​

Note the word ALL.
Next prime directive of Hindu faith is Moksha-merging with God so to speak, but this can only happen iof a person leads a noble life, dharmic life

sanj007

SPNer
Dec 13, 2010

http://www.paklinks.com/gs/religion...vedas-hindu-scriptures-prohibit-casteism.html
Thus, the central command of the 14 harmony richas and 10 profession not hereditary richas of Vedas is that all Hindus are totally equal by birth, of one bunch, share same water and food, worship together united in same temple, common are prayers, common purpose, common thoughts, united like spokes of a wheel, common oblation and friendly towards each others.

One becomes a warrior (Rajnya), Brahman (educated ones) or rishi, not by birth but by his efforts/training (karma) vide RV (X.125.5). No one is superior and no one is inferior by birth.

Amen to that!

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom

What are u talking about believe in caste system, there is no caste system in vedas:
http://agniveer.com/888/caste-system/

There is no birth based caste, our functions are based on our training as per Hindu scriptures.

Each function has to have a name, or do you suggest each function like priest, cleaner, hunter defender becalled nothing, jeez! Each function has dignity if Labour, no fucntion should be demeaned as all we are all human beings and all functions come togther for the betterment of society.
We are all equal in human terms, and gain professions according to our trainig and abilities, this is not based on birth hence why Lord Krishna says:

Note the word ALL.
Next prime directive of Hindu faith is Moksha-merging with God so to speak, but this can only happen iof a person leads a noble life, dharmic life

There is no caste system in Hinduism? Is the world also flat?:motherlylove:

sanj007

SPNer
Dec 13, 2010

There is no caste system in Hinduism as per scriptures, simples.
Lets see some more verses of clear humanity and hence clear direction:
http://agniveer.com/821/vedas-and-shudra/
Yajurved 26.2:
The way I gave this knowledge of Vedas for benefit of all humans, similarly you all also propagate the same for benefit of Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Shudras, Vaishyas, Women and even most downtrodden. The scholars and the wealthy people should ensure that they not deviate from this message of mine.

simple enough
Atharvaved 19.32.8:
O Lord! May I be loved by everyone – Brahmin, Kshatriya, Shudra or Vaishya. May I be admired by everyone
simple enough

Rigveda 1.117.21
The King and minister should sow seeds and do farming from time to time to set right examples for Arya. This makes them deserving of praise.

simple enough
http://agniveer.com/1634/religion-vedas/
Rigveda 10.161.2
- walk together in the path of truth without bias, injustice and intolerance
- talk to each other to enhance knowledge, wisdom and affection without malice and hatred
- keep working together to enhance knowledge and bliss
- follow the path of truth and selflessness as exemplified by noble people

There there sit down nand have some lassi, to much to take in.
Relearn me thinks. I am of Hindu faith and proud of it. My caste: HUMAN!! as per our scriptures

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Dogra Ji..you could say..I am a SIKH..and it would fit perfectly too...You are a Good Hindu..the type Guru nanak ji refers to in the SGGS.

But it seems you drank too much lassii....thats why you pressed SEND 3 times..same post...had to do some housekeeping..apologies...japposatnamwaheguru:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Not one place in SGGS does the Guru or Bhagat or Sheikh or anyoen else try and persuade..convert..subvert..change other's religion...In fact many places Guru Ji praises the good points in Hinduism, Islam, etc and shows the way towards being the Best hindu, the Best Mulsim and the Best Sikh...thats why SIKHS never go out to activley convert/subvert/change others from their religions...its just NOT OUR WAY...Gurmatt teaches respect for all...Peace.

Sep 27, 2008
England

Dogra Ji,
This primitive castism which plagues our whole sub indian culture is a cancer that seems to have no cure. You are right it is made very clear in the Vedas about this issue but people have used the manu version in a way to exploit millions for over a thousand years. Hindu's have used this and are known for it. It is NOT just Hindu's it's Muslims, Christians AND sikhs that have this same issue although Hindu's seem to be put on the spotlight when this issue is bought up maybe because it is older than the rest. Millions of low caste people have converted in India to get away from this cancer but any religion they have gone to seems to have the same problem, for instance a low caste becomes a muslim then he will be known as a low caste muslim. All religions claim that their religion says do not practice this filth but they all seem to do it. Its like getting out of one jail into the next, in my opinion the Buddhist religion is probably the most acommodating for the so called low caste people at this present time. Its something Sikhs were very clear on too but it happens within us. It seems like people are so hooked with a high caste or status that they are willing to reject the scriptures just for their own greed. I would be happy to be a low caste lowest of the low than be a pretend religous person who is full of pride within themselves. If only people could learn to be human first THEN they might get something in their minds about religion. I know i am not realy supposed to say this but i will say it, i think people in the west caucasions have more understanding as they see NO caste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: