• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hinduism Hinduism And Christianity Are Kin. NOT So SIKHI !

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Will you please provide data on this because I don't think India is being ruled by backward classes, its a sheer exaggeration ! Picture is different, who got power, they are getting more, the rest majority of them still suffer as they have been for centuries. In my village I witnessed a strong wall built by my people between them and the lower classes, treatment was horrible; surprisingly, all were(are) Sikhs. Literally they were reduced to nothing. So being "nothing" they would come to Gurdawara and sit out side, never dared to sit where others used to sit. Isnt it shameful ?

Pk70 ji When I say lower caste It means Other backward classes in India.In this Other backward classes in many states Jats also comes under.I am presuming that Gurdwara
in your village is dominated by them so it means one lower caste community is oppressing other
.I agree that condition of schedule castes and tribes is quite worse but many communities of India are now taking benefits calling themselves backward and oppressed while themselves engaging in committing inhumanely crimes against dalits.The following article is written by a Dalit scholar chandrabhan I advise all the people here to read it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An interview with CHANDRA BHAN PRASAD

It is not the majority which is oppressed, it the minority, it is the Dalits. Do you think Shudra communities such as Thevars, Vanniyars, Chettiyars, Gaudas, Lingayats, Vokkaligas, Kammas, Reddies, Jats, Yadavs, Gujjars, Kurmis, Patels, Marathas are oppressed communities? When Phule talked of uniting with Shudras, the Shudras then were only the social police of the Brahmans; they were tenants. Today, they own land, most of the rural assets and institutions. They have a fair share in the media, cinema, and urban assets as well. All the four chief ministers in the South are of Shudra origin, including the CMs of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana, Bihar. Thus, ten major States are ruled by Shudra Chief Ministers. What is the condition of Dalits in these States?

Kanch Ilaiah is a Shudra scholar. He targets Dalits sentiments. Tells them that Brahmans are the creators of the Chatur-Varna Order, that they developed the notion of untouchability. And therefore, they must be destroyed. Dalits tend to get emotionally moved. But, he never says that it is not the Brahman, it is the Brahmanical Order which has to be destroyed. He never says that upper Shudras are turning more Brahmanical than Brahmans themselves. He never tells what is the performance of Shudra governments in the South and elsewhere. He never tells us what the Thevars do to Dalits in Tamil Nadu, or Kammas and Reddies do in Andhra Pradesh.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mar 26, 2006
The worst thing is ..that so called caste hatred is down till the lowest end ...will a Jatav or a Yadav marry his daughter/son to a Dalit ...no he wont ...for him ..they are still lower ..the Valmiks will consider the Chamars(people dealing in leather) lower ...

This is just that the entire blame falls on Brahmins and other so called upper castes ..i m gahtering my thoughts for a thread i m coming up with...that may clear more things ...

But let me tell you this type of discrimination is not present in India alone ..The USA also has anti black people ..there the black 'caste/color' is the issue ...

My opinion is we should neither hate the so called Dalits or lower castes..nor the Brahmins ...things have changed ..and are changing ...but we need to open our eyes to such changes and wherever we see such discrimination we should fight against it....

Mar 26, 2006
My first trip the the Sikligar colony on Saturday was good ...I managed to speak toe the Granthi ji . He shall help me further with meeting the Panchs of the Sikligar community there. The best is there is also a setlement of the Banjara Sikhs. The Granthi ji himself is a Banjara Sikh...

I am crossing my fingers !!! next week lets see if we are able to meet the Panch and get some pictures.

Mar 26, 2006
Aaad ji i thank you for encouraging me and extending your support ..let me get the data and statistics ..and let see the conditions ..lets see how we can help...I am planning to have a SPN tshirt done ...once things come clear ...

Mar 26, 2006
Got tied up with some house hunting this weekend ..so unfortunately wasnt able to go ...am planning maybe wednesday...lets see ....SORRRRRY

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
No problem -- but we have a job for you. Maybe you can tell us why a blog is locked. The one on Suraj Parkash. I will send you the information by pm. Thanks.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: