• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hindu Aarti In Gurdwara

Mar 26, 2006
Dalbirk ji anything made of stone or metal is bound to be destroyed...tomorrow if a hindu comes and make a crack in the Bhagauti sword...and will ask you..what good do you do by worshipping a metal...would we have answers....for hindus a metal idol is a representation of the Adi Shakti and for us a Shastar is a representation. Both mean the same...

To criticize another's faith is the easiest but to follow one's own is the most difficult...by the way..i would dare anyone to touch a quran or even an aayat from it and show its futility to the muslims and see what would happen to you .

May 24, 2008
Raj Khalsa Ji ,
I suppose u have read Indian history in middle Ages , say from 8th century AD to 17th century AD , India was maraduaded by hordes of invaders . What did the so-called ELITE Hindus ie Kshatriyas & Brahmins do ? Kshatriyas went to refuge of Brahmins who merely did Karam -Kand , chanted Mantras from Yajur Veda , so that a DEVI would appear , will rain acid on attackers ( The invasion of Somnath ) , whole attackers would be blinded . Nothing of that sort happened . Hundreds of thousands of Hindus were killed by Ghazni & previously Subuktijin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somnath.

So Guru Ji used Sword as a symbol to remind people that no so-called DEVI would come to their rescue , but they will have to rely on the Sword in their hands as the ultimate rescuer & provider . Nowadays we can replace sword with Gun or whatever .

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Guru nanak ji eye wittness to the awful slaughter and destruction of Emnabad Saidpur by babar the Mughal..says..
koi mughal na hao andha....
This is in reference to the Claims of the Pandits and Mullahs who told the Lodhis..Dont worry baout the Mughals...we will do our MAGIC CHARMS..Mantras...Koran Aiyats...and ALL the Mughals will go BLIND..their Cannons will be BLOCKED SOLID and unable to Fire a single shot.

What really happened ?? the Mughal cannons blew the Lodhis to shreds...the Mughal armies rolled into the Town of Emanbaad and Bababr burnt it all to the ground..laid waste..and plundered...
Read babarvani in SGGS. The ONLY fools who were BLIND..were the Lodhis who beleived the pandits B_******!!

YES..the Pandit did coem to Guru Gobind Singh Ji to "reveal the Devi". He first asked for vast amounts of rasd...rations of ghee, sugar, atta, etc etc for a YAGNA....GGS gave in to humour hima nd hsow his true side to the SIKHS....when days went by...and nothing happened..GGS asked the Pandit Ji...So how ?? whats happenign My Man ?? Wheres the devi ? The wily Pandit replied..OH..Guur Ji..the Fire NEEDS the human sacrifice of a very HOLY and INNOCENT person ( his eye on Sahibzadah Ajit singh).and not be woried..wehn the DEVI appears..you can ask her to REVIVE the Sahibzadah Ji.....GGS replied...who could be Holier and more innocent than YOU...and moreover you are Devis devoted servant..she willd efinitley revive YOU..so we will do it tomorrow morning... Surprise..surprsie..next morning the Pandit had DISAPPEARED.... So GGS threw the entire remaining stock of ghee etc into the FIRE..and it welled up to the skies...everyone at the Bottom of the hill thought..OH that must be the DEVI appearing...thats the real story.:happy:

ranghi29

SPNer
Nov 8, 2008
i am doing a little research on the Aarti begin don at Sri Hazzor Sahib.... i came across many articles and topics. So far all odds are against this act and i completely disagree with them.. This is a takat and they should follow the Marayda of sri guru grant sahib ji which says that Arti is wrong...and As a Sikh it is my and everyone els duty to go out and question them and tell the Sangat...:

Sep 14, 2007
I am afraid to say that today's sikh think he is more learned than our gurus and his thoughts only are right.... more over its our bad luck that the so called akali leaders think that they are the present gurus what ever " MANNMAT " they want to prevail has to be followed religiously by sikhs .... Let me ask every one a question. Have we really tried to understand what gurus has said to us? Have we ever tried to read and understand magical words of Guru Granth Sahib ? What ever one thinks is right is being forced on others ... be it manipulation with gurbani, maryada, or any thing related to sikh code of conduct. Some non indians are not willing to utter " PRITHAM BHAGAUTI SIMAR KE " in Ardas, some are not willing to recite JAAP sahib, Some has objection on arti with lamps and bells, some are die hard enimies of hindu. tomorrow some one will rise and would say i dont believe in the bani of hindu and muslim bhagats so delete it form the Guru Granth sahib would it be acceptible ?? pls read and understand gurbani.... all your doubts would automaticlly be cleared.... If my lord Guru Nanak has not distinguish between hindu and muslims who the #@$% are we to do so.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
SIKHS DONT simmar or worship WEAPONS..Bhaguati or anything else.
Simple reason is that Bhagauti/weapon..is helpless by itself..it has no brains...the same SWORD in the hands of babar destroyed Emnabad town...the same sword in the hnads of teh Zalaad at Chandni Chowk cut off Guru teg baahdur Jis head...the same sword in Guru Gobind Singh jis Hands destroyed tyranny of Mughals..the same sword in baba banda Singh jis hands destroyed Sirhind...so HOW TO "WORSHIP" the SWORD ?? It is FORCED to FOLLOW the BRAIN of its OWNER..zaalam..or SANT.?? This entire simmar bahgauti thing is anti GURMATT and not sanctioned by SGGS...please provde quotes from SGGS ??:welcome:

Feb 19, 2007
Delhi India
Guru Fateh,

I live in India and have excellent and sincere friends among Hindus and a few self proclaimed atheists also. Whenever invited to a Gurudwara function they enthusiastically join it. When they invite me to temple I also gladly go there and respectfully move in the temple complex but I do not bow before the deities. My friends notice this but do not comment directly.

After leaving the temple complex, they tell me how Hinduism is way of life and not a religion and how OM is a natural resonance of the universe etc. They repeatedly invite me to attend Yoga classes. Now Yoga asans are a set good scientifically proven exercises but in my opinion they certainly are not a path to attain divinity as claimed by my friends.

During the Yoga classes you are supposed to chant Gatayri Mantra and OM which I cannot do. So I do not attend these classes.

Our friend Vijaydeep Singh Ji says that Sikhs have a insecurity problem. I can only say that Sikhs are always in Chardi Kalan but will not do things which they do not believe in.

I will not enter into discussion about worshiping idols and showing respect to Granth Sahib as one and the same thing. I will only say that it is obviously not the same thing.

I may be pardoned from saying it but the feeling of insecurity is on the opposite side.

Does not all that has been said above indicate that our very good Hindu friends and self proclaimed atheists would like Sikhs to merge with all encompassing Hinduism? What is the problems if Sikhs maintain their separate identity? I am sure that if Sikhs are left alone they will not have any problem in coexisting with Hindus or anyone else. In fact they never had any problem!

Gurfateh and Chardian Kala

Sep 14, 2007
" Sikhs DONT simmar or worship WEAPONS..Bhaguati or anything else.
Simple reason is that Bhagauti/weapon..is helpless by itself..it has no brains...the same SWORD in the hands of babar destroyed Emnabad town...the same sword in the hnads of teh Zalaad at Chandni Chowk cut off Guru teg baahdur Jis head...the same sword in Guru Gobind Singh jis Hands destroyed tyranny of Mughals..the same sword in baba banda Singh jis hands destroyed Sirhind...so HOW TO "WORSHIP" the SWORD ?? It is FORCED to FOLLOW the BRAIN of its OWNER..zaalam..or SANT.?? This entire simmar bahgauti thing is anti GURMATT and not sanctioned by Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji...please provde quotes from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji ??"

I shall again say till the time we do not try to understand Guru Granth Sahib ji we would keep on bullshitting.
The only need is to follow Gurmat not MANNMAT. I guess Sukhmani Sahib has answers to all the questions being discussed in this forum.....
May almighty GOD give good sense to all the sikhs

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
" Sikhs DONT simmar or worship WEAPONS..Bhaguati or anything else.
Simple reason is that Bhagauti/weapon..is helpless by itself..it has no brains...the same SWORD in the hands of babar destroyed Emnabad town...the same sword in the hnads of teh Zalaad at Chandni Chowk cut off Guru teg baahdur Jis head...the same sword in Guru Gobind Singh jis Hands destroyed tyranny of Mughals..the same sword in baba banda Singh jis hands destroyed Sirhind...so HOW TO "WORSHIP" the SWORD ?? It is FORCED to FOLLOW the BRAIN of its OWNER..zaalam..or SANT.?? This entire simmar bahgauti thing is anti GURMATT and not sanctioned by Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji...please provde quotes from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji ??"

I shall again say till the time we do not try to understand Guru Granth Sahib ji we would keep on bullshitting.
The only need is to follow Gurmat not MANNMAT. I guess Sukhmani Sahib has answers to all the questions being discussed in this forum.....
May almighty GOD give good sense to all the sikhs

YES JI...Sukhmani Sahib does indeed have ALL the answers...indeed every single page of SGGS has the answers..."IF" we care to treat them as such.
and not go looking for them answers OUTSIDE the SGGS..outside our one and only GURU..sarab kala smarath GURU.

I was astonished to read on another Forum about how Baba Nand Singh of Nanksar ( who is said to have seen Guru nanak ji in the Pages of SGGS in PHYSICAL FORM )..had this thing about the Hukm-Gurvaak. His thing was that IF the Gurvaak/hukm one takes after an ardass for GUIDANCE from Guru Ji...just happens to be.."NOT SUITABLE" ) not correct answer to ones ardass/beanti/dilemma )..THEN one should STOP reading the Gurvaak..TURN the Pages about..and then TRY AGAIN...IF this new GURVAAK is still lacking the answer we seek..then TRY a THIRD TIME...and then STOP FOR 24 HOURS !!! Come back the next day.
This is where we get..."ideas"...about..aaj da Hukm/gurvaak..CHANGGAH nahin see...OH..tuhadeh Anand karaj da Gurvaak..Kushee da nahin see...bacheh da janma hoiah..teh Gurvaak aiyah..Babab bolteh theh kahna geyeh ??? eh taan bhut ashubh vaak see...ek baar fir vaak lao gyani ji..
and our GYANI JIS have become adept at FINDING US the PERFECT GURVAAK..for any ocassion...KHUSHI..the Gurvaak will be Lakh Khuskhian Patshaheehan..je satgur nadar kareh...and the person PAYING FOR IT will be so happy the GURU is HAPPY TOO !! The Nanaksari trained Babbas/Granthis.... place paper marks at certian pages..to ENSURE the PERFECT GURVAAK..everytime !!!

IS this "truly UNDERSTANDING" SGGS ?? is this truly looking for answers from SGGS ?? Taking a Gurvaak is just ONE EXAMPLE of How we MANIPULATE our GURU for our own WAY..how we Cover GURMATT with MANMATT !!! There are many other ways....
ALL the NANAK JYOT is CONSISTENT...no Mehla goes agisnt any other Mehla...IF Mehala Pehla/Dooja/Panjavaan.... says BHAGAUTI is BHAGWAT KA RAANG...then all the others also say the EXACT SAME THING....thus IF some one OUTSIDE the SGGS says .."NO...... bhagauti can also mean this and that.." then we MUST USE SGGS as TOUCHSTONE to check its authenticity..IF it FAILS the checkmark..the touchstone litmus test..then it FAILS. No arguments. SGGS is the ONE and ONLY TOUCHSTONE of GURBANI from the NANAK JYOT.

Sep 14, 2007
ਪੰਨਾ 1293, ਸਤਰ 9
ਜਾ ਕੈ ਭਾਗਵਤੁ ਲੇਖੀਐ ਅਵਰੁ ਨਹੀ ਪੇਖੀਐ ਤਾਸ ਕੀ ਜਾਤਿ ਆਛੋਪ ਛੀਪਾ ॥
ਪੰਨਾ 71, ਸਤਰ 7
ਭਗਉਤੀ ਰਹਤ ਜੁਗਤਾ ॥
ਪੰਨਾ 88, ਸਤਰ 13
ਸੋ ਭਗਉਤੀ ਜ ਭਗਵੰਤੈ ਜਾਣੈ ॥
ਪੰਨਾ 88, ਸਤਰ 14
ਐਸਾ ਭਗਉਤੀ ਉਤਮੁ ਹੋਇ ॥
ਪੰਨਾ 274, ਸਤਰ 10
ਭਗਉਤੀ ਭਗਵੰਤ ਭਗਤਿ ਕਾ ਰੰਗੁ ॥

ਪੰਨਾ 274, ਸਤਰ 12
ਨਾਨਕ ਐਸਾ ਭਗਉਤੀ ਭਗਵੰਤ ਕਉ ਪਾਵੈ ॥੩॥

sukhgabria

SPNer
Jun 16, 2009
SAT SRI AKAL VEER CHANA JI
Gurughar vich Hindu Arti di total manahi chahidi hai.
Eh ek mahant prampra hai hor kujh vi nahin hai
Pehlan Akal takhat sahib ji nu mahantan kolon ajad karwaya jave
Tad hi baki gurughar ajad ho sakde han
waheguru ji ka khalsa
waheguru ji fateh

dhiraaz

SPNer
Aug 9, 2009
Waheguru Ji Ka dhiraaz Ki Fateh,

I am writing this article from my own knowledge.
I would like to ask how many people have seen AARTI being performed at Sri Keshghar Sahib in India. After Rehraas Sahib, AARTI begins at the gurdwara, and to my HORROR, SICKNESS, and Disappointment, the...

jagdish tytler

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
ਪੰਨਾ 1293, ਸਤਰ 9
ਜਾ ਕੈ ਭਾਗਵਤੁ ਲੇਖੀਐ ਅਵਰੁ ਨਹੀ ਪੇਖੀਐ ਤਾਸ ਕੀ ਜਾਤਿ ਆਛੋਪ ਛੀਪਾ ॥
ਪੰਨਾ 71, ਸਤਰ 7
ਭਗਉਤੀ ਰਹਤ ਜੁਗਤਾ ॥
ਪੰਨਾ 88, ਸਤਰ 13
ਸੋ ਭਗਉਤੀ ਜ ਭਗਵੰਤੈ ਜਾਣੈ ॥
ਪੰਨਾ 88, ਸਤਰ 14
ਐਸਾ ਭਗਉਤੀ ਉਤਮੁ ਹੋਇ ॥
ਪੰਨਾ 274, ਸਤਰ 10
ਭਗਉਤੀ ਭਗਵੰਤ ਭਗਤਿ ਕਾ ਰੰਗੁ ॥

ਪੰਨਾ 274, ਸਤਰ 12
ਨਾਨਕ ਐਸਾ ਭਗਉਤੀ ਭਗਵੰਤ ਕਉ ਪਾਵੈ ॥੩॥

Which one of these means "SWORD/SHAKTEE" ?..as in..................
PRITHAM "BHAGAUTI" Simmar Ke ???

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
You know I am not going to answer the question. I have been down this road before and the answer is really intriguing. Whenever pointed out... well then it never fails that the POINT OF THE SWORD (pardon the pun) goes un-noticed. Hint: Two different words are continually confused.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
You know I am not going to answer the question. I have been down this road before and the answer is really intriguing. Whenever pointed out the POINT OF THE SWORD (pardon the pun) goes un-noticed. Hint: Two different words are continually confused.

Narayanjot Kaur Jio,
Gurafteh.

This same trickery is misused on the Word MUNDAWNNI.
This word is used to mean..riddle in one shabad and this shabad comes somewhere around Page 700 or so in the SGGS...The True Guru has hidden a Riddle and the true Sikhs managed to Find it.

Whereas in the FINAL CLOSING Shabad of SGGS..the Word Mundawwnni is the TITLE..as in Mundawnni Mahla Panjavaan. In "title" sequence the meaning is certainly NOT a "riddle"...its STAMP/MOHR.

These people who REJECT that this Mundawwnai means STAMP/Final mohr of Guru Arjun ji as to the Closing of SGGS ( since they want to authenticate Raagmaala as Gurbani) will bring in that other "mundawni word" used in the middle of a Tuk in a Shaabd of several Tuks...and SAY..OH..so "Mundawwnni" means FINAL/CLOSING/MOHR..so why NOT STOP Reading SGGS at that place ?? (around page 700)..WHY continue to READ till 1429... No amount of showing them that one word is used as a TITLE..and the ither is word used ina different meaning/situation..NO we dont agree !!! Main na Mannuu...??? ridiculous attitude..totally devoid of any linguistic/grammatical sense..simply blind faith in /SANT Ji...Baba ji/Brahmgyani jis said so..so its RIGHT.

Oct 10, 2009
SAT SRI AKAL,

It's a very sad state of affairs for Sikh religion. The day is not far when the hindu idols will be installed in Gurdwara at the same time praksah of
Guru Granth Sahib will be done. First Dasam Granth was attacked now message of Guru Granth Sahib is questioned but the least thing we can do
is spread the message of Sikh religion from grass roots level let them now
how is Sikh religion is disntinct from Hinduism and Islam. I have seen myself that idols of Guru Nanak Sahib is been sold at the every outlet. Only WAHEGURU knows what's going to happen.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA
WAHEGURU JI KE FATEH

Regards

Gurveen Singh

Oct 10, 2009
SAT SRI AKAL,

It's a very sad state of events for Sikh religion. The day is not far when Hindu idols will
be istalled in Gurdwara at the same time prakash of Guru Granth Sahib will be done. First Dasam granth was challenged now message of Guru Granth Sahib is questioned. But least we all we can do is spread the messsage of Sikh religion from grass roots levels and make people aware that Sikhism is distinct from both Hindusim and Islam.
It might sound harsh but that's the truth. I have myself seen the idols of Guru Nanak
is been sold at every outlet and idol worshipp is condemned in Sikhi. Only WAHEGURU
knows what's going to happen. Thanks

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA
WAGEGURU JI KE FATEH

Regards

Gurveen Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
gurveen ji

Please do not post the same comment in more than one thread. I will have to delete the next one. Thank you.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM