• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Help Your Health Naturally

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
I've always been a little squeamish about taking medicine. Blame my dislike of forced medicine as a kid, but if there's a way to treat an ailment without drugs, sign me up. I usually opt for an ice pack to treat postworkout soreness instead of a painkiller, and I try to get all my vitamins and nutrients from whole fresh foods (fruits, veggies, nuts and lean meats) rather than popping a pill. Maybe that's why I love these all-natural ways to help your health. Salud!

Soothe sinus trouble
If you're congested, head achy or feverish, it could be the start of a sinus infection. Boil a few white onions. Breathing in the stinky steam with your head under a towel for several minutes can help open stuffed-up nasal passages, plus onions have proven antiviral properties.

Strengthen your heart

A handful of nuts (particularly almonds or walnuts) can lower cholesterol and blood pressure. The snacks are high in heart-healthy monounsaturated fat and omega-3 fatty acids, which help reduce LDL ("bad") cholesterol and keep the walls of the arteries healthy and elastic. Nuts also naturally curb cravings: People who eat 2 ounces of almonds a day consumed less food at subsequent meals, researchers from Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, report. They seem to curb my desire for sweets--the fatty-sugary treats like brownies or cookies I usually reach for when I'm in need of a sweet fix.

Stabilize your blood sugar
Sprinkle cinnamon on your latte: Consuming as little as 1/4 teaspoon daily helps reduce blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes. The spice, which has insulin-enhancing compounds, also lowers triglycerides, LDL and total cholesterol.

Heal wounds

Honey can disinfect cuts and help them heal faster. The syrup contains an enzyme that produces hydrogen peroxide, which kills germs, as well as antioxidants that may reduce inflammation. Raw honey is the most effective, but even the variety in packets will work. Warm it in the microwave, apply a tablespoon to a gauze pad and secure with medical tape. Reapply daily.

Banish bad breath

Cinnamon-flavored chewing gum has been shown to reduce bad-breath-inducing bacteria by more than 50 percent, according to researchers at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

Prevent tummy trouble

Love sushi? Don't ignore the wasabi on your plate. Yes, it looks like Play-Doh, but the green paste, which is the Japanese version of horseradish, has antibacterial properties that can help stave off food poisoning. Swirl it into soy sauce (low sodium is best!) for a kick of flavor and tummy protection.

Avoid falling asleep at the wheel!

Put a drop of peppermint essential oil in a tissue, and inhale the scent while you're delayed in traffic or on a long, leisurely drive. Catching a whiff can help make you more alert as well as lessen frustration of being stuck at the wheel.

Attachments

• improve-health.jpg
    improve-health.jpg
    11.7 KB · Reads: 310

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
NamJap ji

I very much appreciate any information on this topic. It is a matter of fascination because today modern pharmacology is taken it very seriously.

grehamjones

SPNer
May 14, 2010
You can eat fresh fruits and green vegetables. You can drink lot of water. Daily early in the morning you can do regular exercises. You can be in always happy mood. Do not smoke your health away.You can take enough sleep for healthy health.

leealden06

SPNer
Sep 16, 2010
The most important predictor of your long-term health and well-being, not what you eat and what foods you eat. Learn how to improve your health, of course, can give you an incomparably higher quality of life. Good Health Naturally always seeks to bring the best possible quality of health care products, which are based on reliable, published research.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM