• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Help: Best For Readers/commentators At SPN In My Posting Of Sukhmani Sahib Translation

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
I have started posting a review/translation of Sukhmani Sahib in the following first post,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurmat...tml#post157265

I would appreciate your critical comments or guidance if I should pursue corrections or any deficiencies in style, content and approach.

As of today, I have done a first draft of 17 Astpadian.

• Q1: Should I post each sabad in each Astpadi separately? In this case there will be approximately 192 referable/clearly comment-able posts plus I plan a summary post for each Astpadi and a final Essence Post for all of Sukhmani Sahib.
  • Q2: Should I post per Astpadi with Eight sabads in each per thread? In this case there will be 24 thread each representing 8 sabads with little difficulty in terms of referable/clearly comment-able ability.
I am not posting Hindi/Devanagari transliteration or Manmohan Singh ji or Prof. Sahib Singh ji's Punjabi discourses which I review (Punjabi Teeka and Darpan) in each translation word by word and tuk by tuk.

• Q3: Should I include any 1 or 2 or all of these? This will make posts very long and may affect readability and layout.
I usually don't look at Dr. Sant Singh Khalsa jis English translation unless I am looking for a possible starting English word. Then I review online Dictionaries, Synonyms to pick the best that I feel reflects the essence of Guru jis writing. Sometimes this creates the same sentence and mostly not.

• Q4: Should I include in my post Dr. Sant Singh Khalsa jis translation?My respectful position is to not include so for unnecessary comparisons plus such is available from srigranth.org. This may also impact ease of readability.
He has done great service I don't want to make comparison or create a wrong perception as there are significant differences in style, words and translation and poetic compositions can be very personal in perception like in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Before I post further I would really like the above confirmed by spn sangat.

At the end of the day if all goes as planned I will create a Single PDF and share if so allowed through permissions of Dr. Kulbir Singh ji Thind.

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Ambersariaji,

I would run with whatever plan gives us the ability to fully debate and contribute as much as possible. I am looking forward to interacting with this, I will leave the best way forward to yourself and better qualified members of the sangat

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM