• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Guru Nanaks Concept Of Nature

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
There are two fundamental concepts that run through almost all schools of Indian philosophy: the concept of purusa and prakriti. Broadly speaking, these concepts correspond to the concepts of 'subject' and 'object'. This duality between 'life' and 'nature' and 'mind' and 'matter' is present in the philosophies of both East and West.

-contd....

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Thus in the Samkhya philosophy, the fundamental categories recognize no consciousness, or absolute or a Creator God. It does not deny the existence of gods, or even a God, the only and the lonely God. The God or the gods, indeed, may exist but they can be no more than the products of interaction of unconscious mulaprakriti and the conscious purusa, and the unconscious gunas.

-from the above link of post -1-

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

REFERENCES & NOTES

[1] man hath budhi ketia kete bed bicar, kete bandhan jin ke gurmukh mokh duar (SGGS, I, 4)

[2] ikna nadu na bedu na gia rasu, rasu kasu na jananti,
ikna sidhi na budhi na agali sar, akhar ka bheo na lahanti,
Nanak te nar asali khar, ji binu gun garabu karanti (SGGS, I, 1411)

[3] man samjhavan karane kachuak parhai gian (SGGS, I, 340)

[4] tanmatra... vises as tebhyo mrta ... panca pancabhyah

[5] purusartham prati vimocayaty ekarupena

[6] kaivalyam madhyasthyam drastrtvakar trtra bhavas ca

[7] tasmat tatsamyogad acetanam ceta navad iva lingam
gunakartrtvai ca karteva bhavatity udasinah

[8] nadanistam az ruz-i-azal in naqshi-i-adam ra, ki naqqash az barae budan-i-khud khana misazad

[9] trigunam aviveki visayah samanyam acetanam prasavadhrmi
vyaktam tatha pradhanam tad vipari tas tatha ca punam

[10] avivekyadih siddhas traigunyat tadviparya ya bhavat

[11] rangasya darsayitya nivartati nartaki yatha nrtyat
purusasya tathatmanam prakasye nivartate prakrith
prakrteh sukumarataram na kincid astiti me matir bhavati
ya drasta miti punar na darsanam upaiti purusasya

[12] It is found in Rig (X-20) and consists of 16 verses. It is ascribed to Rishi Narayana. In the Shulkayajur, Vajsaneyi-samhita (XXXI, I.) it has 22 verses. In the Taittiriya-aranyyaka of the Krishnayajur (III.2) it has 18 verses. In the Arnya-samhita of Samaveda (IV.3) and in the Atherva (XIX.3) also it is there.

http://www.sikhnet.com/Sikhnet/discussion.nsf/3d8d6eacce83bad8872564280070c2b3/fc4b2fdac792fcfc87256a2e000deef7!OpenDocument&Highlight=0

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM