• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Guru And God No Difference

Apr 4, 2007
Thankyou Jasleen Kaur, can i make a request, please. Canyou please give me link to a reliable website that has SGGS Ji's Translations. I will be grateful.

I want to post a lot of Gurbani(with Translations) for everybody's convenience. ThankYou

i use www.srigranth.org, but some people here don't agree with all of their translations. :)

here's another one: Siri Guru Granth Sahib -Gurmukhi to English Translation and Phonetic Transliteration.

and another: SikhiToTheMAX - Enabling Gurmat Knowledge

and one more: Search Gurbani: Gurbani Research Website

:)

Apr 4, 2007
So ur saying everyone's got God and not the Gurus in a special case?
So we got this cleared up.Good. This is what I kept saying to Surinder Ji and she kept taking it as an insult and started insulting me back!

i think i'd phrase it differently. i'd say that while God is in everyone, most of us are not aware of it, cannot "access" it (for lack of a better word). we're bogged down with maya, which makes it difficult to see God.

the Gurus didn't have this problem. :) one might call them more highly evolved than us.

there are many stages of spiritual development. most of us are at the bottom level. Gurus were at the highest level. there's a lot of rungs on the ladder between us and them. :)

but yes, ultimately, sabh gobind hai, sabh gobind hai, [SIZE=-1]gobind bin nahee koee.
god is everything, god is everything, without god, there is nothing. [/SIZE]

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
i think i'd phrase it differently. i'd say that while God is in everyone, most of us are not aware of it, cannot "access" it (for lack of a better word). we're bogged down with maya, which makes it difficult to see God.

the Gurus didn't have this problem. :) one might call them more highly evolved than us.

there are many stages of spiritual development. most of us are at the bottom level. Gurus were at the highest level. there's a lot of rungs on the ladder between us and them. :)

but yes, ultimately, sabh gobind hai, sabh gobind hai, [SIZE=-1]gobind bin nahee koee. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]god is everything, god is everything, without god, there is nothing. [/SIZE]
Very well said Jasleen Kaur JI!! I think your reply should end the thread right here, right now! even though alot of my questions went unanswered but I will put up another thread for that.:hmm:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
I read her saying that All is God- so everybody included, infact her statements show that everything is God, not just humans.

I am afraid you have read her wrong.
No she was clearly arguing with me for saying if Gurus were God then so are we, which I got from her own statement "ALL is GOD".

But Jasleen JI has put my thoughts in great words!

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Well I disagree with you and for me Jasleen Kaur sounds exactly like the thread starter. Exactly the same.

So God is Guru and Guru is God.

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Surinder Kaur Cheema said:
guru prmysru eyku hY sB mih rihAw smwie ] (53-5, isrIrwgu, mÚ 5)
gur parmaysar ayk hai sabh meh rahi-aa samaa-ay.
The Guru and the Transcendent Lord are one and the same, pervading and permeating amongst all.
ijn kau pUrib iliKAw syeI nwmu iDAwie ] (53-5, isrIrwgu, mÚ 5)
jin ka-o poorab likhi-aa say-ee naam Dhi-aa-ay.
Those who have such pre-ordained destiny, meditate on the Naam.
nwnk gur srxwgqI mrY n AwvY jwie ]4]30]100] (53-6, isrIrwgu, mÚ 5)
naanak gur sarnaagatee marai na aavai jaa-ay. ||4||30||100||
Nanak seeks the Sanctuary of the Guru, who does not die, or come and go in reincarnation. ||4||30||100||

According to SGGS Ji, there is no difference between Guru and God.

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Bhagat Singh said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surinder Kaur Cheema
Nimana Ho ke rehnda hai Sant Mahapurkh...................

Apnee ustat nahee gandaa phirda

now where does any Guru say that?

even if thats true. Then why did Guru Nanak die along with the rest of them??

SGGS Ji talks about term-Nimana a very many times. One major teaching in Gurmat is that one has to be humble. Guru calls Himself a neech, kiram jant. and all that.

neechan andar neech jaat neechi hu at neech.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Well I disagree with you and for me Jasleen Kaur sounds exactly like the thread starter. Exactly the same.

So God is Guru and Guru is God.
So u agree with one person and disagree with the other when both have concluded the same thing? That is a contradiction.
BTW I would say Jasleen Kaur JI's reply is not exactly like the thread starter.

God is Guru, God is Human, God is <insert person, place or thing here>, God is ALL! ALL is GOD!

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surinder Kaur Cheema
The Guru and the Transcendent Lord are one and the same, pervading and permeating amongst all.
Nanak seeks the Sanctuary of the Guru, who does not die, or come and go in reincarnation. ||4||30||100||

According to SGGS Ji, there is no difference between Guru and God.

Nanak seeks the sanctuary of the Guru? Why would Guru Nanak seek his own sanctuary? Here Guru is another word used for God. That's why in the beginning it says Guru = God, Guru meaning teacher. So the whole thing means, that the God is a teacher whose santuary Guru Nanak seeks. That's what I make out of it. :{-:)

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
SGGS Ji talks about term-Nimana a very many times. One major teaching in Gurmat is that one has to be humble. Guru calls Himself a neech, kiram jant. and all that.

neechan andar neech jaat neechi hu at neech.

Does Guru Nanak ever call God a neech jaat? NO
He calls himself a neech jaat because compared to God he is. Guru Nanak considers himself to be the servant of the LORD. Need I say more?

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Bhagat Singh said:
He calls himself a neech jaat because compared to God he is.

Bhagat this is all that is the difference. Your statement shows to me that I need not to bother anymore what you say.

So Surinder Kaur Cheema was perfectly right all the way.

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Word was true, is true and will always be true.

Surinder Kaur Cheema said:
gur parmeshwar eko jaane

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

but yes, ultimately, sabh gobind hai, sabh gobind hai, [SIZE=-1]gobind bin nahee koee. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]god is everything, god is everything, without god, there is nothing. [/SIZE]

Good going, girl......

Excellent answer.

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
jab ham ayko ayk kar jaani-aa.

When I realize that there is One, and only One Lord,

tab logah kaahay dukh maani-aa.

why then should the people be upset?

ham aptah apunee pat kho-ee.

I am dishonored; I have lost my honor.

hamrai khoj parahu mat ko-ee.

No one should follow in my footsteps.

ham manday manday man maahee.

I am bad, and bad in my mind as well.

saajh paat kaahoo si-o naahee.

I have no partnership with anyone.

pat apat taa kee nahee laaj.

I have no shame about honor or dishonor.

tab jaanhugay jab ughraigo paaj.

But you shall know, when your own false covering is laid bare.

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
bwxI pihlW qoN hI gurU sI[
gurU nwnk dyv jI ny aupdyS kIqw bwxI dvwrw[
auh joq gurU AMgd dyv jI ivc AweI[ aupdyS bwxI dvwrw huMdw irhw[
qIjI pwqSwhI sRI gurU Amrdws jI g`dI qy ibrwjy qy auvyN aupdyS huMdw irhw[ ...
iPr gurU gRMQ swihb g`dI qy ibrwjmwn hoey, aupdyS bwxI dvwrw ho irhw hY[
gurmuKW vwsqy auhI gurU jI bYTy bwxI dvwrw aupdyS kr rhy hn[
mUrK leI &rk hY, igAwnI leI prq`K gurU hY bwxI[
gurU gRMQ swihb jI g`dI pr hYN, aupdyS bwxI dvwrw hY[
gurmuKW leI koeI &rk nhIN hY[
&rk hmwrI idRStI myN hY, idRStI p`kI krnI hY[

Ambar Dhara Ji, I traced this above paragraph from another thread on SPN. Does it say the same thing that Guru God Bani all is/was THE SAME from the Primal Begining? I think it DOES. Please Comment.

This thread is providing a solid proof that shabad never dies.
These are the exact words i read in Surinder's posts that GURU IS NOT BODY. GURU IS JOT. AND JOT IS GURU as JOT IS GOD.

Guru and God not different.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: