• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Guru And God No Difference

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
"Prani eko naam(u) dhiavoh(u), apnee pat(e) seytee ghar(e) javoh(u)"
You stated that you know gurmukhi and I have this in Gurmukhi only. Kindly go thru.
page/ang 1294

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
jyvfu BwvY qyvfu hoie ] (6-3, jpu, mÚ 1)
He is as Great as He wishes to be.
nwnk jwxY swcw soie ] (6-3, jpu, mÚ 1)
O Nanak, the True Lord knows.
jy ko AwKY boluivgwVu ] (6-4, jpu, mÚ 1)
If anyone presumes to describe God,
qw ilKIAY isir gwvwrw gwvwru ]26] (6-4, jpu, mÚ 1)
he shall be known as the greatest fool of fools! ||26||

The above is also bani Of Nanak ji. Hence he himself cannot state himself to be a Third person.

Apr 4, 2007
this is a piece of misintepretation only.What do you think??

please give your interpretation. :)

ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਹਰਿ ਸੋਇ

directly translated:

Gur Nanak Nanak Har Soe

Gur= Guru
Nanak = any of the 10 Gurus
Har = God
soe = that

i don't see too many different ways to interpret it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Sikh 80 Ji please tell me HOW YOU WILL DO THIS:

gur ke charn riday auir Dhary

and MOST IMPORTANT AND EASY ONE:

Sukhmani Sahib
BRAHMGYANI AAP PARMESAR.....

AREN'T GURU BRAHMGYANEES??????

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
We are not describing God here, we are talking about our Gurus same as God.............. let us talk some sense here

Describing God means i say that i know exactly what GOD IS...

we are following OUR OWN GURUS and saying that our Guru is God. or God is my Guru.................

Did we say anywhere that i know all the infinite features of Guru Ji.... NO.

Guru is infinite. and GURU IS GOD AND GOD IS GURU.

Waheguru rakha

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
there is another one for you guys.

Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth sahib Panna #1407

sd jIvxu Arjunu Amolu AwjonI sMBau ] (1407-11, sveIey mhly pMjvyN ky, kl´)
sad jeevan arjun amol aajonee sambha-o.
O Guru Arjun, You are Eternal, Invaluable, Unborn, Self-existent,

:}{}{}:still not satisfied :}{}{}:

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Jasleen ji
If you do not know any other way of interpreting it,it is not my problem but one can say that Guru nanak dev ji was an embodiment of the Almighty.It is the way Dr. sahib singh ji has also satisfied himself[pl. see his Teeka]
Regarding your translation

[word by word,it appears there are mistakes in translating soe ]

It would be advisable if we do not interpret Gurbani in haste as there are chances of distorting it. I shall think it over and that you may do as well and then we should discuss the sensitive issue.

I would request you to not to use 'smilies' in post unless you have a compelling reasons.It is also your choice.

Surinder ji,

Yes, all great souls are Brahmgyanis.

Apr 4, 2007
Jasleen ji
If you do not know any other way of interpreting it,it is not my problem but one can say that Guru nanak dev ji was an embodiment of the Almighty.It is the way Dr. sahib singh ji has also satisfied himself[pl. see his Teeka]
Regarding your translation

[word by word,it appears there are mistakes in translating soe ]

It would be advisable if we do not interpret Gurbani in haste as there are chances of distorting it. I shall think it over and that you may do as well and then we should discuss the sensitive issue.

Surinder ji,

i was asking how YOU interpret it. :) can you please post the interpretation of Dr. Sahib Singh? also, how do you interpret soe?

thanks! :)

(just telling someone they're wrong without providing the correct information isn't very productive)

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Words of Sahib Singh Ji:

ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਗੁਰੂ ਅਤੇ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੂੰ ਇੱਕ ਰੂਪ ਸਮਝੋ।

ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਉਸ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਰੂਪ ਹੈ।੪।੭।੯।

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Sikh 80 Ji

you said:

and Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Arjan Dev Ji De Bachan Ne:

Brahmgyanee Aap Parmesar......... it is simple gurmukhi!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Jasleen ji,

1. I have quoted the translation Of Sahib singh ji. It appears to be fitting the bill. I shall post it tommorrow morning or send it by PM if you approve of it or if it is ok with you.

Regarding the way I would translate it, I would always translate it in a manner that Guru nanak dev ji does not qualify for the status Of Creator/God/lord. God need not come thru. the route of womb.

It is again requested that you may kindly not use smilies unless you are strongly compelled by the urges that you have no control over them. These are irritating and cause diversions.:8-:)Try it out.:8-:)

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Prof Sahib Singh Ji

ਸਦ ਜੀਵਣੁ ਅਰਜੁਨੁ ਅਮੋਲੁ ਆਜੋਨੀ ਸੰਭਉ ॥ ਭਯ ਭੰਜਨੁ ਪਰ ਦੁਖ ਨਿਵਾਰੁ ਅਪਾਰੁ ਅਨੰਭਉ ॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 1407}
pd ArQ:- pr duK—prwey du`K [ AnµBau—igAwn-rUp [
ArQ:- (gurU) Arjn (swihb) sd-jIvI hY, (Awp dw) mu`l nhIN pY skdw, (Awp) jUnW qoN rhq qy suqy pRkwS hrI dw rUp hn; (gurU Arjn) BY dUr krn vwlw, prwey du`K hrn vwlw, byAMq qy igAwn-srUp hY [

Apr 4, 2007
It is again requested that you may kindly not use smilies, these are irritating.

um, ok...

when using written electronic communication, it often helps to use a "smiley" to show the tone of the post. for example, i do not want to come across as being angry, or upset, but wish to show that i am posting in a pleasant tone of voice.

i will try not to use them when replying to you, but please allow me to use them when posting responses to others.

thanks!

Apr 4, 2007
It is again requested that you may kindly not use smilies unless you are strongly compelled by the urges that you have no control over them. These are irritating and cause diversions.:8-:)Try it out.:8-:)

hypocrite.

btw, there's no reason to make the same request repeatedly, i can read it just fine the first time you posted it in this thread.

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Sikh 80 Ji hun javaab khatam hogay!!!!!!
Bani ta Guru Nu Parmesar hi kehndi hai tusi manno na manno

i have read prof Sahib Singh Ji, he never denies this truth.

and i have posted his translations for everybody.

Waheguru Rakha

humbly asking for everybody's forgiveness

Apr 4, 2007
Prof Sahib Singh Ji

ਸਦ ਜੀਵਣੁ ਅਰਜੁਨੁ ਅਮੋਲੁ ਆਜੋਨੀ ਸੰਭਉ ॥ ਭਯ ਭੰਜਨੁ ਪਰ ਦੁਖ ਨਿਵਾਰੁ ਅਪਾਰੁ ਅਨੰਭਉ ॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 1407}
pd ArQ:- pr duK—prwey du`K [ AnµBau—igAwn-rUp [
ArQ:- (gurU) Arjn (swihb) sd-jIvI hY, (Awp dw) mu`l nhIN pY skdw, (Awp) jUnW qoN rhq qy suqy pRkwS hrI dw rUp hn; (gurU Arjn) BY dUr krn vwlw, prwey du`K hrn vwlw, byAMq qy igAwn-srUp hY [

can someone please translate this into english for us non-punjabis?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM