• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gurmat Chanan

sundeep kaur

SPNer
May 31, 2009
usa
bani Guru hai bani vich bani amrit sare
gurbani khae sewak jan manea prtakh guru nistare

shabad gurbani enlighten us ....but we can't get knowledge about shabad gurbani unless we meet some enlighten person.
some ktrrpanthi's say bad things about "saints" ..but those kttrrpanthis are ingnorant they are not listening to what bani is saying:
sant sarn jo jan pare so jan udhranhar
sant ki ninda nanaka bahur bahur avtar

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

sundeep kaur

SPNer
May 31, 2009
usa
How do we know that a person is a Saint?

the air around the "Saint" in sweet and it gives sehj to every personwho comes in that energy circle. only the persons with high spiritual intelect and simran abhyas will realize that strenght of that sehj. person who can change the thoughts of others and cynic, himself would have very tremendous abhyas and GOD's grace.

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
ਜਿਸ ਮਿਲਿਆਂ ਮਨ ਹੋਇ ਰਹਸ (ਅਨੰਦ) ਸੋ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਹੀਅਐ
first a person has to prepare himself. has to have will power. once one finds a person who never lies, never demands any monitory benefit. The mind feels satisfied and happy listening to him. one can accept him or her; the guru the saint. But you have to be willing to do whatever he says. the biggest obstruction from divinity is doubt or double mindedness. once one gets doubt about the guru, then the guru cannot teach any thing. the guru knows your state of mind. he will only guide you when you are ready. if you are not fully committed to it, the guru cannot do any thing to u, neither is he willing to do. The spirituality cannot be taught, it can only be learnt by devotion, love and dedication and with the help of the guru. next objection is
even if the saint or the guru is a genuine, but your doubt does not go away then you should not follow him or her, because the mind will never follow what he says. as kabir says
ਮਾਇ ਮੁੰਡਈਐ ਗੁਰੂ ਕੀ, ਜਾ ਤੇ ਭਰਮ ਲ ਜਾਇ
To become spiritual is to straighten your mind. anything which does not allow to be devoted to it will not let the mind to straighten. will talk next again

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Admin Note:

Respected Members

With due respect and absolutely no intention of breaking your thought processes, but as a way of showing our respect to our Gurus, please atleast post the panna/page number from SGGS whenever you choose to post the one liners to support your messages, so that those who are interested in understanding the whole shabd, can explore the whole shabd while keeping |Rahao| pankti/line in perspective.

We can surely make this much little effort to show some respect to our Gurus, who took immense and meticulous care to put |Rahao| in each and every Shabd. Posting one liners whether they are "in context" or "out of context" is biggest Beadbi we do of our Gurus intentionally or unintentionally. We can certainly do much better than this. It pains our heart to remind our respected members time and again.

Hoping for some co-operation in this endeavor of ours...

Gurfateh

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
on general talk like the one i put a while back. it is impossible to put page number. i put it from what i remember. if u want me either to answer some questions like that or not. there is no be adbi to the gurus in this. but if u want to stick your rules. then i see quotes of other people putting no page number like the anand sahib writer. you did not object to it and there is another about japujee. if i do not remember the quote then i search and answer; in that case i will put the page number. if so stricket on it. i shall quit joining your so called sikh philosophy network. sorry for the blunt answer

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
IMHO it is beadbi of highest order to ignore the fundamental rules set up in SGGS, our Guru. Quoting Gurbani is simply not a matter general talk. Just because other members do not follow the fundamental rule of Gurbani, does not mean its ok to do it. All members and also you have quoted above have been advised to follow it countless times. It becomes practically impossible to implement it when fellow members choose to ignore our requests.

Your co-operation is solicited. You can take a lead and join us in implementing this rule of Gurbani.

No offense, humbly :)

Last edited:

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
firstly i do not ignore. if i remember the stanza and do not remember the page number. that means i have to have sggs handy to refer to it and find out. it is impossible for me to do. sorry that i violated your rules. it will not happen again.

please do not send me any e mail. thank u for the ignorance

before i call it a day. i have a question for u and your team. how much sggs you or anyone of you remember by heart. how many page numbers you remember , what is where. i do remember some but not all. so i have to have a sggs at hand to quote anything. what if i do not have sggs. at this time i do not have one. so the page number for me is impossible and that is it. sorry brothers and siters

Last edited by a moderator:

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Swarn Ji,

We are not asking you to remember the whole SGGS by heart. This fact that it is not possible to remember by heart makes it even more important to quote full shabds or atleast panna/page numbers from Guru Sahib, to better understand Gurbani. You can always go to online resources like http://www.srigranth.org, who has this information readily available and easily retrievable ...being is Sikh, it is easy enough to learn how to use online resources.

* The email is automatically sent to you when somebody responds to your message and vice versa.

Last edited:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
are u mentally ready or testing the waters like today's so called scolars

mentally ready to do whatever it is another human being wants of me in return for spiritual enlightenment? never

Years ago, one Christmas, we went to see Father Christmas, I sat on his lap, he was great, wonderful, and then as we left the grotto, I heard him shouting at someone and using very foul language, I peeped in through the exit curtain to see a very upset man, all the composure had gone, all the niceness had gone, it was just an act I guess. I could never understand why people pretended to be nice, when underneath they were just as impatient , petty and as angry as the rest of us.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
bani Guru hai bani vich bani amrit sare
gurbani khae sewak jan manea prtakh guru nistare

shabad gurbani enlighten us ....but we can't get knowledge about shabad gurbani unless we meet some enlighten person.
some ktrrpanthi's say bad things about "saints" ..but those kttrrpanthis are ingnorant they are not listening to what bani is saying:

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

It is a shame I don't understand what these tuks mean, and I can't search for them because I don't know what the Gurmukhi letters are.

Can anybody help me, please?

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
firstly i do not ignore. if i remember the stanza and do not remember the page number. that means i have to have sggs handy to refer to it and find out. it is impossible for me to do. sorry that i violated your rules. it will not happen again.

please do not send me any e mail. thank u for the ignorance

before i call it a day. i have a question for u and your team. how much sggs you or anyone of you remember by heart. how many page numbers you remember , what is where. i do remember some but not all. so i have to have a sggs at hand to quote anything. what if i do not have sggs. at this time i do not have one. so the page number for me is impossible and that is it. sorry brothers and siters
Swarm Ji
SPN is relatively young and is in the process of developing to be a valued Sikh Social Networking Organisation. It is people like you who have the skill and the knowledge of both, ideology and the history of Sikh Scriptures to help it grow further. Not all are learned as your good self, so please, let us help Admin Staff to the best of our ability.

Thank you for taking the time to read !

Regards

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Admin Note:

Respected Members

With due respect and absolutely no intention of breaking your thought processes, but as a way of showing our respect to our Gurus, please atleast post the panna/page number from SGGS whenever you choose to post the one liners to support your messages, so that those who are interested in understanding the whole shabd, can explore the whole shabd while keeping |Rahao| pankti/line in perspective.

We can surely make this much little effort to show some respect to our Gurus, who took immense and meticulous care to put |Rahao| in each and every Shabd. Posting one liners whether they are "in context" or "out of context" is biggest Beadbi we do of our Gurus intentionally or unintentionally. We can certainly do much better than this. It pains our heart to remind our respected members time and again.

Hoping for some co-operation in this endeavor of ours...

Gurfateh
Respected Admin Staff

It must indeed be most gratifying to me to find that a suggestion [housekeeping] which I proposed in good faith three weeks ago, should have met with such cordiality and reverence that already work is underway and respectful reflection of SPN's "precieved image" is on display - thank you. Let SPN be the true representative of the Sikh Religion.

When time is to spare, I'd like to say a few words on the use of Gurbani within meaningful writings. In the mean time, I wish all a very good day.

Thank you

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
..try page 982 SGGSJ - ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚਿ ਬਾਣੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਸਾਰੇ ॥

Thanks.

Do you know where the last part comes from?

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Respected Admin Staff

It must indeed be most gratifying to me to find that a suggestion [housekeeping] which I proposed in good faith three weeks ago, should have met with such cordiality and reverence that already work is underway and respectful reflection of SPN's "precieved image" is on display - thank you. Let SPN be the true representative of the Sikh Religion.

When time is to spare, I'd like to say a few words on the use of Gurbani within meaningful writings. In the mean time, I wish all a very good day.

Thank you

We've been asking people to paste full shabads for years. Admin Singh does it with so much more humility than I do.

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Thanks.

Do you know where the last part comes from?
Page 279 SGGSJ - it's part of Sukhmani Sahib = ਸਲੋਕੁ ॥ ਸੰਤ ਸਰਨਿ ਜੋ ਜਨੁ ਪਰੈ ਸੋ ਜਨੁ ਉਧਰਨਹਾਰ ॥ ਸੰਤ ਕੀ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਬਹੁਰਿ ਬਹੁਰਿ ਅਵਤਾਰ ॥੧॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 279}

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM