• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gurmat Chanan

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
We've been asking people to paste full shabads for years. Admin Singh does it with so much more humility than I do.
Dearest Princess

There is so much more about the "shabad" that need explanation. When time permits I'll endeavour to furnish the root n branch in more detail, but for the time being have a look at what Guru Gobind Ji says :

"Agya bhai Akal ki tabhi chalayo Panth Sabh Sikhan ko hukam hai Guru manyo Granth Guru Granth Ji manyo pargat Guran ki deh Jo Prabhu ko milbo chahe khoj shabad mein le Raj karega Khalsa aqi rahei na koe Khwar hoe sabh milange bache sharan jo hoe."

Gurmukhi has 35 letters [akhar], the putting together of a word [shabd] by the use of letters, that is to say for example, Ishna, would require letters I S H N A to form the word Ishna [shabd]. So what Guru Gobind is saying above is, "hey beautiful princess, to meet God you don't have to read the Granth from cover 2 cover, just one shabd would suffice [waheguru, for example]". When shabd is taken to reflect its literal interpretation it simply means a word, now how long is the string is where SPN moves in with their pruning toolkit to edit within a qualified meaning to effect justifiably the writers [riders n runners at SPN] intent n purpose.

More another time - time to jog !

Have a good day - Ciao

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
shabad gurbani enlighten us ....but we can't get knowledge about shabad gurbani unless we meet some enlighten person.
some ktrrpanthi's say bad things about "saints" ..but those kttrrpanthis are ingnorant they are not listening to what bani is saying:
sant sarn jo jan pare so jan udhranhar
sant ki ninda nanaka bahur bahur avtar ਸੰਤ ਸਰਨਿ ਜੋ ਜਨੁ ਪਰੈ ਸੋ ਜਨੁ ਉਧਰਨਹਾਰ ॥ ਸੰਤ ਕੀ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਬਹੁਰਿ ਬਹੁਰਿ ਅਵਤਾਰ ॥੧॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 279}
Let us believe once for all that gurbani promotes spiritual knowledge for truthful living and not in human form so called sant. What I understand from Gurbani is that God is truth and truthful virtues is sant and not anyone in human form is sant. Sant is a creation of Brahminism and under a conspiracy this virus is gripping the sikh world by diluting gurbani meanings. In same ashtapadhi a pankti comes, ' ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਨਿੰਦਕੁ ਮਹਾ ਹਤਿਆਰਾ ॥ ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਨਿੰਦਕੁ ਪਰਮੇਸੁਰਿ ਮਾਰਾ ॥ Now I drove a campaign against 8000 deras, am I murderer or what to say of slandering the person who assasinated Sant Harchand Singh Langowal, had parmeshvar killed him. I heard he is enjoying his life. Or is gurbani false. SGGS 280.2. Therefore if 'parmesher mara' has different meaning then word 'sant' should also have different meaning. And God does not kill, it is all by laws of nature one takes birth and dies. As per gurbani once I ignore the truth i.e. Ninda and my life becomes restless/suffer that is 'parmesh mara'.

Similarly in pankti 'ਧਰਮ ਰਾਇ ਜਬ ਲੇਖਾ ਮਾਗੈ ਕਿਆ ਮੁਖੁ ਲੈ ਕੈ ਜਾਹਿਗਾ ॥ ਕਹਤੁ ਕਬੀਰੁ ਸੁਨਹੁ ਰੇ ਸੰਤਹੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਤਰਿ ਜਾਂਹਿਗਾ ॥੩॥੧॥ SGGS.1106.10. ? Over here word both santo and saadh sanghat is there. Is gurbani asking human sant that he will be saved if he joins the saadhsanghat, then what type of sant is he?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Dearest Princess

There is so much more about the "shabad" that need explanation. When time permits I'll endeavour to furnish the root n branch in more detail, but for the time being have a look at what Guru Gobind Ji says :

"Agya bhai Akal ki tabhi chalayo Panth Sabh Sikhan ko hukam hai Guru manyo Granth Guru Granth Ji manyo pargat Guran ki deh Jo Prabhu ko milbo chahe khoj shabad mein le Raj karega Khalsa aqi rahei na koe Khwar hoe sabh milange bache sharan jo hoe."

Gurmukhi has 35 letters [akhar], the putting together of a word [shabd] by the use of letters, that is to say for example, Ishna, would require letters I S H N A to form the word Ishna [shabd]. So what Guru Gobind is saying above is, "hey beautiful princess, to meet God you don't have to read the Granth from cover 2 cover, just one shabd would suffice [waheguru, for example]". When shabd is taken to reflect its literal interpretation it simply means a word, now how long is the string is where SPN moves in with their pruning toolkit to edit within a qualified meaning to effect justifiably the writers [riders n runners at SPN] intent n purpose.

Have a good day - Ciao

Originalji

I would like to give you my heartfelt thanks for explaining the above, if you could please find the time to furnish the root n branch, I think you would make my day.

we are so fortunate to have such a wise and educated man post on this foum

god bless ji

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Dearest Princess

Have a good day - Ciao

To be honest, I don't understand most of what you've written here. I understand:

The rest is really over my simple head. The context of my usage of the word 'shabad' in my previous post was obvious. How and why you've related it to SPN's so called "pruning toolkit" is beyond me.

Seriously, there are topics to be discussed, and quoting full shabads helps us all learn and discuss the topics at hand. How can you possibly have a problem with that?

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Originalji

I would like to give you my heartfelt thanks for explaining the above, if you could please find the time to furnish the root n branch, I think you would make my day.

we are so fortunate to have such a wise and educated man post on this foum

god bless ji

Thank you H ! don't know about the wise n educated guy you're referring to, but if I think who I think it is, then chocolate milk shake is on me. Pity, Ishna Ji couldn't cotton-on, perhaps you'd be so kind to share your understanding of the same with her and then on my return in the new year we'll go with the flow. In the mean time please accept my warm wishes for the seasonal festivities ahead and good health in the new year.

Kind regards

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM