• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gurdwara Fights

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

Attachments

• gurdwara_fight.jpg
    gurdwara_fight.jpg
    13.5 KB · Reads: 1,230
Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I am not laughing. Sunday, Vaisakhi, Guru Nanak's birthday, Birth of the Khalsa, big day, there was a knife fight outside of one of the gurdwaras in my area. A tiny spiritual place with a dreamy, home-based, kirtan jatha led by a woman. What could be better? Two brothers cut the throat of another man. It had nothing to do with politics or Dasam Granth. Where is that broken heart that Mai Harinder ji has created for us?

Bahadar S

SPNer
Nov 15, 2009
United States
Gurfateh ji.
This cartoon really hit me where are we headed to we read Gurbani do Namm Simran what must Guru Ji think when we do these things we need to understand and learn how to control our Krodh one of the 5 Thieves, I have seen arguments happening in Gurdwaras but this is getting out of hand we need to stop because things can get worse then just using Hammers, and Macheties.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Gurfateh ji.
This cartoon really hit me where are we headed to we read Gurbani do Namm Simran what must Guru Ji think when we do these things we need to understand and learn how to control our Krodh one of the 5 Thieves, I have seen arguments happening in Gurdwaras but this is getting out of hand we need to stop because things can get worse then just using Hammers, and Macheties.

The real problem is that we are "reading" (parrotting) and NOT VICHARING...UNDERSTANDING...IMBIBING the GURBANI MESSAGE into our DAILY LIVES to Change for the BETTER !! Kartoot Passu ki manas Jaat..we look like humans but we fight like dogs..over a bone .
Rotualism, Blind Faith, meaningless mutterings, readings, sponsoring of hundreds and thousands of Akhand Paath Larrees (like a string of firecrackers at diwali time)...all just NOISE and no substance..parading the GURU in the streets like an ordinary politician loaded with fake flowers, haars, and MONEY..hoping to BUY favours..sons....buisness ..houses..cars..jobs..wives..win court cases..lotteries..etc etc etc.
ALL this produces FAKES..and EMPTY VESSELS who have not an IOTA of Gurabni Colour in their lives...and these fakes hold their noses high, their kirpans long and high..and strut over the poor and the downtrodden..out of my way..out of may way..you neech jaat..you chamaar..you balmiki..you ghona..you beard trimmer..the GURU is ONLY LOOKING AT ME types...you are all rubbish..trash..no rehit..no gurbani...NOTHING..EVERYTHING IS ME...ME...ME...ME !!!! and we just LOVE to compare ourselves to PURATAN SHAHEEDS like baba Deep Singh..Baba banda Singh Ji....what IGNORANCE and HAUMAII as high as the Himalayas...The Sants who HOB NOB with High and mighty politicians..who fly first class..sleep in Malik Bhago palaces or 5 star hotels..who ride in limosines..who charge by the THOUSAND for a half hour kirtan..or akhand paath..or an ardass..these for sure will fight to gain control of Gurdwars as that are a means of GOLUCK...just like the MAFIA LORDS would KILL for control of their gambling joints etc....Gurdwars..deras..are all means to an END..GOLUCK GENERATION only....WHO CARES about PARCHAAR..NONE !! Becasue none practises GURBANI...even in the HIGHEST peaks of Sikhism..like Harmandar Sahib Amrtisar..Guru ka Langgar is facing shortages..of sevadaars..donations are being bussed in and trucked in by vested interests..the DERAWADEES go directly to the VILLAGES to GRAB BAGS OF WHEAT/Farm produce BY "force"...and all that goes to their own DERAS..not Gurdawras. Literally Gangs of these modern day ROBBERS descend on Villages during Harvest Time...wearing gol dastaars huge cholas, kirpans and all driving trucks emblazoned with Kaar sewa Baba this and Kar sewa Baba that...and literally Barge into the Sikh Homes, immediately do a super fast track silent mumble ardass and after a jaikara..announce..we are taking this many Borian for "SACHA PATSHAH".....ONE such baba even had his bags printed in HINDI...not even the decency to have GURMUKHI...and he is grabbing wheat for the GURU..the sacha patshah ?? ...in HINDI Bags ???....with their ever increasing numbers....just how is the poor sikh going to give/donate rations for the Gurdawra Guru Ka Langgars ?? Same disease and rot and corruption is spreading overseas....vai the same derawadee elements who are establishing PRIVATE DERAS that look like and function like Gurdwaras but are NOT.

A Genuine KHALSA is so humble..nobody even notices him..He is so LOVING..even the street kitten comes running to him..no beggar goes awy empty handed from him...he picks up the downtrodden and hugs them to his chest...he meets with Mardanas..and eats with the Lalos...and sleeps in the huts of the Balmikis....SEEN ANY SUCH lately ???

rajvir kaur

SPNer
Dec 9, 2009
:hopmad:i think that is wrong that people come to the gurudwara and fight the gurudwara i go to well the sevadars there didnt want me to come because i cut my hair i was asked by this penji do you cut your hair? i of course answered yh i do then i was told by her what are you doing in the gurudwara which really hurt me because the penji that said that to me was a singhni and they also fight for the sewa that they want to do and getting people to stop doing it so that they can do it and after all of that they call us names and say how we cut our hair do this and do that. how are we meant to come into sikhki wen they are the ones pushing us away from it :disguestedkudi:

Mar 5, 2010
New York City
Gurudwara Fights is a HUGE Issue in Sikhi today. To me its nonsense. People running the Gurudwara wants nothing but popularity. Most of them want to be in top level positions so they will get noticed. By being part of a Gurudwara community, you are doing Sewa. But there is no sewa done. Its a shame and a huge disappointment. People who are our elders and who are running the guruwara's have divided their religion over their childish behavior. There is no unity.

Mar 5, 2010
New York City
:hopmad:i think that is wrong that people come to the gurudwara and fight the gurudwara i go to well the sevadars there didnt want me to come because i cut my hair i was asked by this penji do you cut your hair? i of course answered yh i do then i was told by her what are you doing in the gurudwara which really hurt me because the penji that said that to me was a singhni and they also fight for the sewa that they want to do and getting people to stop doing it so that they can do it and after all of that they call us names and say how we cut our hair do this and do that. how are we meant to come into sikhki wen they are the ones pushing us away from it :disguestedkudi:

Let me tell you this that a true Gursikh never discriminates or hates against any person in this world. You have every right to be in a Gurudwara. Whoever said that to you, instead of saying it she could have expalined the importance of keeping hair but to ask you what you are doing in gurdwara is WRONG. I suggest you go to her and ask her why she thinks you should not come to gurdwara. Another thing, anyone can try but no one can push us away from God if we have love for him in our hearts.

When I made the decision to take Amrit my whole family was against it because I belong to a family who is not very religious. No one is amritdhari in my family. So when I told my parents that I want to take amrit, it was a BIG ISSUE. But today I am a amritdhari. Why? Because I have love for God in my heart and God showed me the path I need to walk on and I did, without any fear.

If you want to connect to Sikhi No one can stop you from doing so!

rajvir kaur

SPNer
Dec 9, 2009
yh i did buh she jst said there is no point talkin to a siner i was about to take amrit buh then i didnt because i dont want to do the things she did after taking amrit...........i think it might be coz she didnt have an answer

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
yh i did buh she jst said there is no point talkin to a siner i was about to take amrit buh then i didnt because i dont want to do the things she did after taking amrit...........i think it might be coz she didnt have an answer

ranvir kaur ji

Some people do not want to be shaken out of their ignorance. They have found a narrow groove inside of which they can function without thinking or reflecting. This is a valley of safety for them. They are full of fear and doubt and guilt and by treading on a narrow and unyielding path they can avoid these feelings. At bottom they are frightened, and angry because they are frightened. There is also no point in trying to figure them out. The important thing is that you find your path. Do not give up on your spiritual journey.

Stay in sangat, and make it your place to worship Waheguru. And if seva there is not possible at this time in your life make it something you will find later. And for now carve your own way through the mountains. Read SGGS, study gurbani, and spend some time planning how and where and with whom your spiritual journey will lead you.

Too much energy is wasted over the reactions of people who have no control over themselves. So how are you going to change? That is what matters. Make your own future.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM