• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gurbax Singh Ji Kala Afghana - A Debate

Feb 7, 2008
Re: Allagation of sexual abuse by S. Gurbax Singh Ji Kala Afghana Ji.

Randip

The rule of modaration is that when the moderator is participating in a thread as poster
he does not moderate that thread.That much moderator should know.

Here is you are poster as well as censor board chief deleting posts left and right.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom

Randip

The rule of modaration is that when the moderator is participating in a thread as poster
he does not moderate that thread.That much moderator should know.

Here is you are poster as well as censor board chief deleting posts left and right.

It makes no difference.

Personal comments are personal comments. Use of the word "K*nj*r" to describe people is swearing.

Stick to basic rules of discussing topics rather than the posters and everything will be OK.

Thanks

Feb 7, 2008

I did not write kala afghana as k#j#r.How about when you write that word?

Why you deleted article of Randhir singh.He has quoted from his books.He did not write any bad word.
Was not that to conceal black deeds of kala afghana?

Now kala afghana quotes are on.Why do not you reply to those?

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

they try to appeal to intellectuals with their rational sounding arguments. heck, even i find some of those arguments convincing. but in their quest for logic, they seem to have forgotten "faith". i have faith in my Guru, i have faith in God. i even have faith in the Panj Piyare who act as Guru when they distribute Amrit. i believe in the bani of the tenth master. i believe the vaaran of bhai Gurdas Ji. i believe in the janam sakhis.

Ok
it hurts me when some "logical" person tells me my Guru fainted under torture (as Guggha says of Guru Arjan Sahib).
So? can't the Guru faint? Afterall, he is human! Why does truth (if it is true) hurt so much?
(I have never heard of that before, BUT it COULD be true)
it hurts me when some "logical" person tells me that jaap sahib, chaupai sahib, sawyai, and parts of Rehras sahib are not actually gurbani.
Again, why does truth(if it is) hurt so much?
if we stick to "logic", how long will it be before they decide having long hair is illogical and therefore we should all cut it?
Trust me, having long hair is not illogical. :)
if they think the bani of the tenth master is not gurbani, how long till they dismiss the banis of the bhagats and bhatts (oh wait, they already have!).
How do you know it is the bani of tenth Guru? Oh, I didnt know they questioned the bani of the Bhagats (the one in SGGS). can you please post some links to it?
religion and science are two separate things.
But they both have to complement each other.
my faith in God goes beyond logic because my Guru tells me God is capable of anything, and no matter how much i try, i can never understand the full extent of God.
And that is logical.

If there is no logic behind one's beliefs then its called blind faith. that's what we gotta stay away from.
Lol my reply is kinda late... :ice:

Feb 7, 2008
<<<<So? can't the Guru faint? Afterall, he is human! Why does truth (if it is true) hurt so much?
(I have never heard of that before, BUT it COULD be true)>>>>

For communists Gurus were human only.For sikhs they were everything.How do you know Guru ji fainted.Any reference?

<<<Again, why does truth(if it is) hurt so much?>>>>

Give reference if it is truth.
bani of the Bhagats (the one in SGGS).

<<<< can you please post some links to it?>>>

How do you know it is not bani of tenth master.I know because of seen three manuscripts two of them signed and dated by tenth master.

Are you not reading threads properly.There was a thread on this.

<<<But they both have to complement each other.>>>

Does science talk of soul and subtle body?Let us know that.

Apr 4, 2007

bhagat singh ji,

i believe we've had this discussion several times. you know my answers and i know yours. there's really no need to do it again.

thanks. :)

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
<<<<So? can't the Guru faint? Afterall, he is human! Why does truth (if it is true) hurt so much?
(I have never heard of that before, BUT it COULD be true)>>>>

For communists Gurus were human only.For sikhs they were everything.How do you know Guru ji fainted.Any reference?

I am not a communist yet I belive the Guru's were human. That statement is a gross generalisation.

<<<But they both have to complement each other.>>>

Does science talk of soul and subtle body?Let us know that.

science talks about "matter cannot be created or destroyed only changes form.........sounds very similar to the some Sikh beliefs. PS don't knock science, our Guru's were all highly educated people. They knew about science, philosophy, psychology, etc.

Apr 4, 2007
quick question... i noticed that the thread title has been changed...

since when do we call people who have been declared tankhaiya "ji"? even "singh" is a stretch for someone who ridicules amrit sanchar...

to even associate ourselves with such people is going against Akal Takht. why then should we show them such respect?

Feb 7, 2008
<<<<science talks about "matter cannot be created or destroyed only changes form.........sounds very similar to the some Sikh beliefs. PS don't knock science, our Guru's were all highly educated people. They knew about science, philosophy, psychology, etc.>>>

This is not the answer of my question.

Does science believe in soul and subtle body.gurbani believes in these concepts.Answer yes or no.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
<<<<science talks about "matter cannot be created or destroyed only changes form.........sounds very similar to the some Sikh beliefs. PS don't knock science, our Guru's were all highly educated people. They knew about science, philosophy, psychology, etc.>>>

This is not the answer of my question.

Does science believe in soul and subtle body.gurbani believes in these concepts.Answer yes or no.

Pscychology talks about being "concious of our existence", this could be said to be the soul so yes (in a way).

I think this debate of the soul and science can be tricky. The scientist would say, have you seen the soul?, can you touch it?, are there theories to prove its existence?

My reply would be that no one actually knows why we live. Why we as humans are the only beings on this planet conscious of their existance. What makes us conscious? What is this consciousness? When we look in a mirror we know it is oursleves we look at where an animal would either run away or attack it. We are therfore aware of ourselves. What makes us aware? What is this awareness? I think therefore I am? Our consciousness is our soul?

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom

Ok

So? can't the Guru faint? Afterall, he is human! Why does truth (if it is true) hurt so much?
(I have never heard of that before, BUT it COULD be true)

Again, why does truth(if it is) hurt so much?

Trust me, having long hair is not illogical. :)

How do you know it is the bani of tenth Guru? Oh, I didnt know they questioned the bani of the Bhagats (the one in SGGS). can you please post some links to it?

But they both have to complement each other.

And that is logical.

If there is no logic behind one's beliefs then its called blind faith. that's what we gotta stay away from.
Lol my reply is kinda late... :ice:

Some interesting replies.

Glad you are addressing some of the points.

Feb 7, 2008
Randip
  • Aatam mahi Ram ram mahi aatam cheenas Gur beechaaraa
  • The Lord is in the soul, and the soul is in the Lord. This is realized through the Guru’s Teachings (1153).
Gurbani is very clear on soul.

Read

Feb 7, 2008
Gurbani says that soul is aprt of God.Only those can realize this concept who have attained elevated spritualism.
has any any scientist proved that soul exists.When they cann't prove its existence how can they say that it exists.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: