• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Free Online Gurbani Course

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Just registered.

Thanks, kd singh ji.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
They have an entire course on Sukhmani Sahib.

One problem though. After signing up, the page navigated to lessons on Sant Kabeer -- which is good. But not lesson number 1. I can't find it.

Also, where are the assignments? You have to promise to complete assignments by deadline -- however without lesson 1 and a schedule -- well what do you do?

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
They have an entire course on Sukhmani Sahib.

One problem though. After signing up, the page navigated to lessons on Sant Kabeer -- which is good. But not lesson number 1. I can't find it.

Also, where are the assignments? You have to promise to complete assignments by deadline -- however without lesson 1 and a schedule -- well what do you do?
Start off from the last lesson, I guess and take notes. once you have that work done, then go backwards. However, you can always take the course again to brush up what you missed, since it's free... i don't see why not too.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Sherab ji,

Your comment reminds me of a wisdom quote,

"
You may wonder, 'How can I leave it all behind if I am just coming back to it? How can I make a new beginning if I simply return to the old?' The answer lies in the return. You will not come back to the 'same old thing.' What you return to has changed because you have changed. Your perceptions will be altered. You will not incorporate into the same body, status, or world you left behind. The river has been flowing while you were gone. Now it does not look like the same river."
[The Book of the Vision Quest]

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Another wisdom quote?

"How can I complete my assignments by deadline if I can't find the schedule on the website."

When you register you Agree to complete your assignments on time in return for the free course.

Apr 4, 2007
excellent find, thanks!

(i'll see if i can navigate it!)

EDIT:

i'm a bit concerned that the site does not seem to have been updated since late 2006... i wonder if it ever really got off the ground? will there be future lessons?

regardless, i'll do the sukhmani sahib lesson, it can't hurt. :)

inder preet

SPNer
Jun 11, 2013
pls do give me the details of these courses n the entire detail how to get register n how to proceed abt sukhmani sahib n sant kabir ji

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM