• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Fate, Destiny, Pre-Destination, Likhia

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Bump.

As we discuss reincarnation and transmigration the concept of pre-determination is surfacing again and I thought we might try re-looking at this topic, if anyone is keen (not mentioning any names in particular Sherdil Ji... lol).

Last edited:

Sherdil

Writer
SPNer
Jan 19, 2014
Bump.

As we discuss reincarnation and transmigration the concept of pre-determination is surfacing again and I thought we might try re-looking at this topic in depth, if anyone is keen (not mentioning any names in particular Sherdil Ji... lol).

Oh wow! History repeats itself, doesn't it? :)

Thank you for resurrecting this thread. I have enjoyed reading everyone's post.

Apr 11, 2007
Preordained and free will?
Can you laugh when something is not funny?
How can you fall out of love, without going through emotional changes with someone that you love?
Can you change your mind when a loved one dies from absolute sadness to absolute happiness, in an instant?
Free Will, how much do you have? How far can the mind go? Free to a degree conditioned to what you know, limited to what you understand, that is as free as we are. Emotional understanding beyond comprehension! It is a feeling that we understand, a feeling that we call free, to be able to express feelings freely to us feels like free will! When something is created it is caused and has an effect! What is creations cause, what is creations effect? Only the Guru Granth Sahib ji gives the guidance that makes sense to me! Waheguru the amazing teacher!!

angrisha

SPNer
Jun 24, 2010
Canada
I a little confused with the question being asked as the thread as changed from page 1. (I did skip page 2 o be hoenst)

If the question is density and per-ordanided from what I understand of both neither one of thoese are set in stone. Just because something is set into motion doesnt mean its going to stay in the direct motion the whole time (I might have been watching to many super hero movies lately so probably am missing how people are defining destiny)

To me there is no moment to momen planing of anyones life, we have free will but because we live in a very connected world the temporal order of the world pretty much compels you to be where your at an no when else. i.e 5 mins early or late your always exactly where you need to be.

Hukam again to me is a general governance, its more than just simple destiny or pre-ordanided will. We have 100's of opportunities to fall in and obey hukam.... its not a demanding voice or a clear cut line to follow but to me it is that inner sipirt (anterjami) that you surrender to... you can also choose not to listen to it at all, but in my experience that way has alot more difficulties.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Karma is not just a straightforward task, where everyone tries to justify a reason of who's responsible for what.

KARMA is from your lekha, which in turns molds and shapes your destiny.

However, this destiny is ONLY applicable if you maintain at the SAME current state of consciousness.

If you develop and evolve your soul/consciousness towards the higher states, then you, yourself change your own destiny !

For eg.. Kauda raksh, if he carried on and refused to realise God or refused to let his soul evolve higher, then his actions and pas karmic imprints would have led him to the appropriate lower destination of destiny. HOWEVER, he made the effort to listen, learn and realise, that made him ask for forgiveness
Thus, he was freed from all his destined bounds and shackles, and became ONE with supreme God conscious.

In short, your own destiny will hold strong according to your karmic actions/imprints/influences at any given state of TIME !
But, you can move out of this destined graph line, if you LEARN to evolve.
This is the REAL Learning of what SIKH actually means !!

You have to try and understand the differences between karma,destiny, lekha and free-will.
ALL of these come under the bigger umbrella of HUKAM.
One can ONLY be in complete HUKAM when one learns to come out of theses shackles and weights of destiny and karma.
Gurbani tells you how to free yourself from these starting with naam simran.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Karma is not just a straightforward task, where everyone tries to justify a reason of who's responsible for what.

KARMA is from your lekha, which in turns molds and shapes your destiny.

However, this destiny is ONLY applicable if you maintain at the SAME current state of consciousness.

If you develop and evolve your soul/consciousness towards the higher states, then you, yourself change your own destiny !

For eg.. Kauda raksh, if he carried on and refused to realise God or refused to let his soul evolve higher, then his actions and pas karmic imprints would have led him to the appropriate lower destination of destiny. HOWEVER, he made the effort to listen, learn and realise, that made him ask for forgiveness
Thus, he was freed from all his destined bounds and shackles, and became ONE with supreme God conscious.

In short, your own destiny will hold strong according to your karmic actions/imprints/influences at any given state of TIME !
But, you can move out of this destined graph line, if you LEARN to evolve.
This is the REAL Learning of what SIKH actually means !!

You have to try and understand the differences between karma,destiny, lekha and free-will.
ALL of these come under the bigger umbrella of HUKAM.
One can ONLY be in complete HUKAM when one learns to come out of theses shackles and weights of destiny and karma.
Gurbani tells you how to free yourself from these starting with naam simran.

go for the audi Q7, lots of headroom

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
go for the audi Q7, lots of headroom

No thanks, I am just going to have to stick with whatever motor is pre-ordained and destined along with what I deserve according to my written lekha.
And then whatever happens with whatever car I have, shall all be under his Hukam.
Hukam could be I get struck by lightning, have a critical crash, end up in coma for a month again, get stuck in the car wash in the middle of an earthquake, or even worse... run someone over.
It's ALL his hukam, played via the games and tactics of karma and lekha.
I'm in the game, but he runs the show and rolls the dice.

BTW- the previous post was not a 'know it all' attitude to anyone
It was trying to explain the thread of the title as I understand it. There were numerous posts going off tangent and going around in circles.
But did they change anything ?
For that matter, did I change anything ?
:soccersingh:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
No thanks, I am just going to have to stick with whatever motor is pre-ordained and destined along with what I deserve according to my written lekha.

what car do you drive? I have a 1999 E240 estate with every panel covered in rust, actually, I will post a photo. So can you divulge which car you are having to stick with that has been preordained according to your written lekha? and honesty please Luckyji, you are after all a Sikh!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM