• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Existence Of Abrahamic God

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
This is a sidetrack,but years ago, my father, had bought his first video camera, and after dinner, made us all sit in the front room and sing a song. My late Uncle, me and my brother sang a pop song, my Auntie sang Simon and garfunkel, my dad sang Tom Jones, my mother, an indian song that escapes me, and my late grandfather, a man much ahead of his time, sang an indian song that also escaped me, but was mellow, haunting and beautiful to listen to, it was chalo ek Bar phir se,

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸਭ

ਰਾਗੁ ਧਨਾਸਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ
रागु धनासरी महला १ ॥
Rāg ḏẖanāsrī mėhlā 1.
Raag Dhanaasree, First Mehl:
ਗਗਨ ਮੈ ਥਾਲੁ ਰਵਿ ਚੰਦੁ ਦੀਪਕ ਬਨੇ ਤਾਰਿਕਾ ਮੰਡਲ ਜਨਕ ਮੋਤੀ
गगन मै थालु रवि चंदु दीपक बने तारिका मंडल जनक मोती ॥
Gagan mai thāl rav cẖanḏ ḏīpak bane ṯārikā mandal janak moṯī.
Upon that cosmic plate of the sky, the sun and the moon are the lamps. The stars and their orbs are the studded pearls.
ਧੂਪੁ ਮਲਆਨਲੋ ਪਵਣੁ ਚਵਰੋ ਕਰੇ ਸਗਲ ਬਨਰਾਇ ਫੂਲੰਤ ਜੋਤੀ ॥੧॥
धूपु मलआनलो पवणु चवरो करे सगल बनराइ फूलंत जोती ॥१॥
Ḏẖūp mal▫ānlo pavaṇ cẖavro kare sagal banrā▫e fūlanṯ joṯī. ||1||
The fragrance of sandalwood in the air is the temple incense, and the wind is the fan. All the plants of the world are the altar flowers in offering to You, O Luminous Lord. ||1||
ਕੈਸੀ ਆਰਤੀ ਹੋਇ
कैसी आरती होइ ॥
Kaisī ārṯī ho▫e.
What a beautiful Aartee, lamp-lit worship service this is!
ਭਵ ਖੰਡਨਾ ਤੇਰੀ ਆਰਤੀ
भव खंडना तेरी आरती ॥
Bẖav kẖandnā ṯerī ārṯī.
O Destroyer of Fear, this is Your Ceremony of Light.
ਅਨਹਤਾ ਸਬਦ ਵਾਜੰਤ ਭੇਰੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
अनहता सबद वाजंत भेरी ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Anhaṯā sabaḏ vājanṯ bẖerī. ||1|| rahā▫o.
The Unstruck Sound-current of the Shabad is the vibration of the temple drums. ||1||Pause||
ਸਹਸ ਤਵ ਨੈਨ ਨਨ ਨੈਨ ਹਹਿ ਤੋਹਿ ਕਉ ਸਹਸ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਨਨਾ ਏਕ ਤਹੀ
सहस तव नैन नन नैन हहि तोहि कउ सहस मूरति नना एक तोही ॥
Sahas ṯav nain nan nain hėh ṯohi ka▫o sahas mūraṯ nanā ek ṯohī.
You have thousands of eyes, and yet You have no eyes. You have thousands of forms, and yet You do not have even one.
ਸਹਸ ਪਦ ਬਿਮਲ ਨਨ ਏਕ ਪਦ ਗੰਧ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਹਸ ਤਵ ਗੰਧ ਇਵ ਚਲਤ ਮੋਹੀ ॥੨॥
सहस पद बिमल नन एक पद गंध बिनु सहस तव गंध इव चलत मोही ॥२॥
Sahas paḏ bimal nan ek paḏ ganḏẖ bin sahas ṯav ganḏẖ iv cẖalaṯ mohī. ||2||
You have thousands of Lotus Feet, and yet You do not have even one foot. You have no nose, but you have thousands of noses. This Play of Yours entrances me. ||2||

ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਹੈ ਸੋਇ
सभ महि जोति जोति है सोइ ॥
Sabẖ mėh joṯ joṯ hai so▫e.
Amongst all is the Light-You are that Light.
ਤਿਸ ਦੈ ਚਾਨਣਿ ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਚਾਨਣੁ ਹੋਇ
तिस दै चानणि सभ महि चानणु होइ ॥
Ŧis ḏai cẖānaṇ sabẖ mėh cẖānaṇ ho▫e.
By this Illumination, that Light is radiant within all.
ਗੁਰ ਸਾਖੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਪਰਗਟੁ ਹੋਇ
गुर साखी जोति परगटु होइ ॥
Gur sākẖī joṯ pargat ho▫e.
Through the Guru's Teachings, the Light shines forth.
ਜੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਸੁ ਆਰਤੀ ਹੋਇ ॥੩॥
जो तिसु भावै सु आरती होइ ॥३॥
Jo ṯis bẖāvai so ārṯī ho▫e. ||3||
That which is pleasing to Him is the lamp-lit worship service. ||3||
ਹਰਿ ਚਰਣ ਕਵਲ ਮਕਰੰਦ ਲੋਭਿਤ ਮਨੋ ਅਨਦਿਨ ਮੋਹਿ ਆਹੀ ਪਿਆਸਾ
हरि चरण कवल मकरंद लोभित मनो अनदिनो मोहि आही पिआसा ॥
Har cẖaraṇ kaval makranḏ lobẖiṯ mano anḏino mohi āhī pi▫āsā.
My mind is enticed by the honey-sweet Lotus Feet of the Lord. Day and night, I thirst for them.
ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਜਲੁ ਦੇਹਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਾਰਿੰਗ ਕਉ ਹੋਇ ਜਾ ਤੇ ਤੇਰੈ ਨਾਇ ਵਾਸਾ ॥੪॥੩॥
क्रिपा जलु देहि नानक सारिंग कउ होइ जा ते तेरै नाइ वासा ॥४॥३॥
Kirpā jal ḏėh Nānak sāring ka▫o ho▫e jā ṯe ṯerai nā▫e vāsā. ||4||3||
Bestow the Water of Your Mercy upon Nanak, the thirsty song-bird, so that he may come to dwell in Your Name. ||4||3||

‪Aarti Sahib - guru nanak dev ji - sikh prayer‬‏ - YouTube

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ
सिरीरागु महला १ ॥
Sirīrāg mėhlā 1.
Siree Raag, First Mehl:
ਇਕੁ ਤਿਲੁ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਵੀਸਰੈ ਰੋਗੁ ਵਡਾ ਮਨ ਮਾਹਿ
इकु तिलु पिआरा वीसरै रोगु वडा मन माहि ॥
Ik ṯil pi▫ārā vīsrai rog vadā man māhi.
Forgetting the Beloved, even for a moment, the mind is afflicted with terrible diseases.
ਕਿਉ ਦਰਗਹ ਪਤਿ ਪਾਈਐ ਜਾ ਹਰਿ ਵਸੈ ਮਨ ਮਾਹਿ
किउ दरगह पति पाईऐ जा हरि न वसै मन माहि ॥
Ki▫o ḏargėh paṯ pā▫ī▫ai jā har na vasai man māhi.
How can honor be attained in His Court, if the Lord does not dwell in the mind?
ਗੁਰਿ ਮਿਲਿਐ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਅਗਨਿ ਮਰੈ ਗੁਣ ਮਾਹਿ ॥੧॥
गुरि मिलिऐ सुखु पाईऐ अगनि मरै गुण माहि ॥१॥
Gur mili▫ai sukẖ pā▫ī▫ai agan marai guṇ māhi. ||1||
Meeting with the Guru, peace is found. The fire is extinguished in His Glorious Praises. ||1||
ਮਨ ਰੇ ਅਹਿਨਿਸਿ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਣ ਸਾਰਿ
मन रे अहिनिसि हरि गुण सारि ॥
Man re ahinis har guṇ sār.
O mind, enshrine the Praises of the Lord, day and night.
ਜਿਨ ਖਿਨੁ ਪਲੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਵੀਸਰੈ ਤੇ ਜਨ ਵਿਰਲੇ ਸੰਸਾਰਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
जिन खिनु पलु नामु न वीसरै ते जन विरले संसारि ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Jin kẖin pal nām na vīsrai ṯe jan virle sansār. ||1|| rahā▫o.
One who does not forget the Naam, for a moment or even an instant-how rare is such a person in this world! ||1||Pause||
ਜੋਤੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਮਿਲਾਈਐ ਸੁਰਤੀ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਸੰਜੋਗੁ
जोती जोति मिलाईऐ सुरती सुरति संजोगु ॥
Joṯī joṯ milā▫ī▫ai surṯī suraṯ sanjog.
When one's light merges into the Light, and one's intuitive consciousness is joined with the Intuitive Consciousness,
ਹਿੰਸਾ ਹਉਮੈ ਗਤੁ ਗਏ ਨਾਹੀ ਸਹਸਾ ਸੋਗੁ
हिंसा हउमै गतु गए नाही सहसा सोगु ॥
Hinsā ha▫umai gaṯ ga▫e nāhī sahsā sog.
then one's cruel and violent instincts and egotism depart, and skepticism and sorrow are taken away.
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜਿਸੁ ਹਰਿ ਮਨਿ ਵਸੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਮੇਲੇ ਗੁਰੁ ਸੰਜੋਗੁ ॥੨॥
गुरमुखि जिसु हरि मनि वसै तिसु मेले गुरु संजोगु ॥२॥
Gurmukẖ jis har man vasai ṯis mele gur sanjog. ||2||
The Lord abides within the mind of the Gurmukh, who merges in the Lord's Union, through the Guru. ||2||
ਕਾਇਆ ਕਾਮਣਿ ਜੇ ਕਰੀ ਭੋਗੇ ਭੋਗਣਹਾਰੁ
काइआ कामणि जे करी भोगे भोगणहारु ॥
Kā▫i▫ā kāmaṇ je karī bẖoge bẖogaṇhār.
If I surrender my body like a bride, the Enjoyer will enjoy me.
ਤਿਸੁ ਸਿਉ ਨੇਹੁ ਕੀਜਈ ਜੋ ਦੀਸੈ ਚਲਣਹਾਰੁ
तिसु सिउ नेहु न कीजई जो दीसै चलणहारु ॥
Ŧis si▫o nehu na kīj▫ī jo ḏīsai cẖalaṇhār.
Do not make love with one who is just a passing show.
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਰਵਹਿ ਸੋਹਾਗਣੀ ਸੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸੇਜ ਭਤਾਰੁ ॥੩॥
गुरमुखि रवहि सोहागणी सो प्रभु सेज भतारु ॥३॥
Gurmukẖ ravėh sohāgaṇī so parabẖ sej bẖaṯār. ||3||
The Gurmukh is ravished like the pure and happy bride on the Bed of God, her Husband. ||3||
ਚਾਰੇ ਅਗਨਿ ਨਿਵਾਰਿ ਮਰੁ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਲੁ ਪਾਇ
चारे अगनि निवारि मरु गुरमुखि हरि जलु पाइ ॥
Cẖāre agan nivār mar gurmukẖ har jal pā▫e.
The Gurmukh puts out the four fires, with the Water of the Lord's Name.
ਅੰਤਰਿ ਕਮਲੁ ਪ੍ਰਗਾਸਿਆ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਭਰਿਆ ਅਘਾਇ
अंतरि कमलु प्रगासिआ अम्रितु भरिआ अघाइ ॥
Anṯar kamal pargāsi▫ā amriṯ bẖari▫ā agẖā▫e.
The lotus blossoms deep within the heart, and filled with Ambrosial Nectar, one is satisfied.
ਨਾਨਕ ਸਤਗੁਰੁ ਮੀਤੁ ਕਰਿ ਸਚੁ ਪਾਵਹਿ ਦਰਗਹ ਜਾਇ ॥੪॥੨੦॥
नानक सतगुरु मीतु करि सचु पावहि दरगह जाइ ॥४॥२०॥
Nānak saṯgur mīṯ kar sacẖ pāvahi ḏargėh jā▫e. ||4||20||
O Nanak, make the True Guru your friend; going to His Court, you shall obtain the True Lord. ||4||20|| [SIZE=-2]Guru Granth Sahib Page 21[/SIZE]

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Harry bhaji

Thank you for summarising what you believe to be differences between Abrahamic God and Waheguru.

The all-encompassing creative force, the Ek Oankar, was a massive attraction for me when I was first learning about Sikhi. One of my favourite private moments now is when I jap Mul Mantar and put massive concentration into "Aad such, jugaad such, hai bhi such, Nanak hosi bhi such" and realise how eternal and all-pervading this power is in its totallity, my mind nearly explodes with rapture.

However, I'm constantly having to remind myself that Waheguru is more than just another god or version of Abrahamic God... it is comforting for me as a human to want to reach out to a personified God who loves me, who hates my enemies, who listens attentively to my prayers and petitions for help with whatever my problem might be, and keeps score of my good actions to reward me when I die.

This doesn't seem to be the truth when it comes to Sikhism. I'm hearing that Waheguru, being a creative force waaaaay beyond any human comprehension, you realise that It doesn't love you the way your ego wants to be loved... It doesn't hate my enemies because It doesn't detect any enemies... It doesn't listen to my words saying "please help me on this path" because It is so far beyond that (I'm asking myself for the help), or "please help so-and-so with their problem"... It doesn't keep score, my actions take me closer to that divine frequency (or further away) as it is meant to happen. The only thing between me and liberation is when I get so close that the creative force reabsorbes me into It... or am I already absorbed and liberation is when I realise that... hmm...

At least, that's where my mind is at right now.

And I'm really struggling within myself these days to keep myself motivated that this ultimate Truth is enough to satisfy me spiritually, since the allure of the Abrahamic God with his love and loyalty to "his people" sure can be tempting sometimes. Someone who will listen to my prayers. Someone to take the burden of responsibility off me, since Sikhi puts the responsibility squarely on the individual, it can get a bit heavy sometimes I think.

Phew, feels better to get that mess out of my brain at last, been mulling over it for a couple of weeks now.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Ishna Bhenji

Please ask yourself why the abrahamic god is so easy to sound so tempting, and why waheguru seems to offer so little in comparison, one sounds so much easier to sell!! Sikhs have never gone on crusades, it is not our way to try and convert the world, our message does not need to sound attractive to pull in the masses, that is what the baba's are there for.

I share your need to be loved, to be listened to, to have a score of my good deeds, waheguru may be unable to do that, but the sangat and the creation of waheguru can, I love you, I listen to you, through your writings I can get a measure of how good you can be, We all love you! When you feed a dog, and see the love in its eyes, it is Waheguru, the whole world is filled with life, and every now and then one of those forms will look at you, and you will see Waheguru.

Again the personification you speak of is, I believe in the sangat, not any individual, but the whole, that is the validation, the love, its in your family, your husband, your step children.

Ishnabhenji, I sense the mood of the ascetic, the one who is willing to bet the house on spiritual satisfaction, I have been there many times myself, please don't bet the house, that is not what sikhism is about, first and foremost you are an individual with your own life, the love of your husband, family and friends, we are not for caves and mountain tops, we are for using the gift of spiritual knowledge to live in the real world, with all its problems and challenges, if its any consolation, its harder than the mountain tops, and anyone who finds themselves winning, as indeed you are, and no one could doubt that, is a million times better than any ascetic who finds salvation on a mountain top

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Thanks for your support, brother. Your insight is amazing, I think you're a lot more full of light than you think you are! You're spot on, the mountain tops sound darn fine today! Thanks for the reminder.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Ishna ji the same goes for you:
I think you're a lot more full of light than you think you are!
Spiritual satisfaction can be obtained right here, right now, while being with family. One need not even go in the next room, let alone mountain tops and caves.

At least, that's where my mind is at right now.
Sometimes it's with the Abrahamic God, sometimes it isn't. Next thing you know it will be elsewhere.

Ek Oankar is all-encompassing, yet the mind still makes space to leave something out it, in this case, Abrahamic God. Or is still stuck in the stage or bigger-smaller.

Drop all notions if only for a moment. All-encompassing can only come to dwell as all-encompassing when the mind is emptied of concepts, thoughts, etc. (The underlying meaning of 'concept' is "This is separate from that.")

Drop the above notions, as what I or Harry ji has said can instantly become a belief.

Just drop mental activity for a second or two when you are in your family. Just look at them as if you all have just arrived on Planet Earth. You have the power to do so and you are ready to do it now. Do share how that moment goes.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Items removed from this thread for the following reasons:

1. There is no logical or gurmat based reason to continue discussing alternative English transliterations of words in Gurbani as if they had more significance than they have in the original Gurmukhi. Poster has been warned over and over to cease and desist. For example, GuRU is a transliteration and there is no special importance that cannot be found in the original text.

2. The dictionary by Professor Surinder Singh Kohli in no way supports discovery of these alternative transliterations as suggested in a recent post now deleted. I have resorted to that dictionary every day for 2 years, and believe it or not, I know what I am talking about.

3. The thread has gone off topic once too often.

4. A new thread on the subject of How Sweet is Waheguru! What Waheguru Can Do and How One Can Comprehend has been graciously started by forum member Ambarsaria ji. Please direct related comments to that thread. http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurma...et-wahiguru-what-wahiguru-can.html#post150127

So this is about an Abrahamic God. Thanks.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Well i've been working on my perspective today as suggested by Bhagat ji, I've had a couple of moments where I've felt some simple peace, i say simple because when I try to settle my mental activity the peace comes without effort. But only for a moment. I have a long way to go and not feeling particularly connected currently. Will bounce back soon and know exactly what I need-to read Gurbani instead of reading forums!!

Thanks again for the discussion... We'll see how I go with this recent fascination with Abrahamic God!

Waheguru ji ki fateh...

Ish

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
and what we fail to see is also this..
GOD/YAHWEH/ALLAH are Proper NOUNS..names of God/s....God is the Christian GOD.period. Allah is the God of Koran..and Yahweh is God of the Old Testament.

WE CANNOT and shoudlnt "translate" NOUNS....so EK-Oankar is NOT to be translated as God is One !! How could we make such a huge mistake..Apart form the fact that the Christian GOD is NOT one but a Trinity...we have completley set aside the MOOL MANTAR description of Akal Purakh and transplanted GOD over it and then gone ahaead and add..God is One !! which EKOankar definitely is not saying that..in fact God is not at all in the Mool mantar...
Simialrly we simply accpeted when people told us..OH SGGS.."sikh Bible " ?? and we said YES..Sikh Bible..and why not Sikh KORAN...SIKH GITA...SIKH RAMAYAN ???
Gurdwara is "SIKH TEMPLE..why not SIKH Mosque..Sikh mandir..Sikh Church..Sikh Vihara...???/
Kesh..oh thats LONG HAIR ??? Is that so...Beard is long hair...arm-pits is long hair..??? Dastaar is "turban/puggh/headgear" oh really ?? whats so great about dastaar then ?? if hat cna go off and cap can go ON..why NOT dastaar ?? whats the big deal..
Kirpan..oh thats a dagger..Sikh dagger.....and so on...Ardass is Sikh 'prayer"..even without simple look at the Vast Difference between PRAYER and SIKH ARDASS !! which Prayer asks for Sarbatt da Bhalla ?? How could the Ardass is prayer that is performed in church..mosque..mandir...are those praying there asking exactly what the ARDASS is addressing ?? The ARDASS is miles away from those "prayers"...yet we dont see the difference..

On the other side we BLINDLY accept that the raam and the Krishan, the Gopal the Narayan of SGGS is the EXACT SAME ones in Gita Vedas, Puranas...if we understand Gurbani even 10%...we will know they are vastly different from the ones in GURBANI..in Gurbani they are ALL ONE !! the Akal Purakh..the Creator..while in the vedas Gita etc they are different gods/demigods.men/kings etc living in different ages...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
On the other side we BLINDLY accept that the raam and the Krishan, the Gopal the Narayan of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the EXACT SAME ones in Gita Vedas, Puranas...if we understand Gurbani even 10%...we will know they are vastly different from the ones in GURBANI..in Gurbani they are ALL ONE !! the Akal Purakh..the Creator..while in the vedas Gita etc they are different gods/demigods.men/kings etc living in different ages...

Why is this such a difficult concept to accept?

Aug 28, 2010
GIYANI JARNAIL SINGH Ji,

That is exactly I was expecting from a person of your calibre since I start postings.
Wonderful and fearless acceptance of the real fact of Gurbani .
I still expect more from your goodself from time to time.

I hope you are still required to come up with the correct pronunciation and meaning of thevery first SYMBOL in SGGS .This can dramatically change our understanding of the whole of Gurbani.
What is the real significance of numerical number ONE of the SYMBOL it is utmost important to clarify.
I am sure you are going to take up this in your own style of presentation of the views more acceptable and considerate for many.

With regards

Prakash.S.Bagga

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Over here in Malaysia...if I need to get my drains cleaned..i call the local council complaints office..then the supervisor..then the Dept Head..then maybe the Councillor in charge of my street...and then maybe the Council Excutive and finally the Council President..IF the drains are still the way i dont want them to be...I DONT call the the Housing and Local developement MINISTER.....or the PM or the KING...and I certainly dont call the US President or the UNO Secretary in NY or the World law Court of Justice in Geneva......
The LOCAL "SANGAT/PANGAT" is at local level to hold my hand on small problems...if i need a loan to buy a car i go to the nearest local bank branch..not the National Reserve bank or the World Bank..although ULTIMATELY in some remote Round about way..the WORLD BANK/National Reserve bank are INVOLVED in the loan I took to buy the car !!
The Hindus have these Ganeshas, the mai Ji..mata Ji, shivji, raam ji krishan ji statues in their Mandirrs where they "talk" to them...tell them their personal problems..pass along wish lists..EACH PERSON in HIS OWN SMALL WORLD....the Christian goes to Church and talks to the Christ on the Cross hanging on the walls..or to the St mary..or ST Francis whatever seated along the walls on shelves...again EACH is in his own small world..each asking/begging/his/her own special "I want this..i wish i had that..type of prayer...win the case for me..make my enemy lose..keep me form jail..etc etc..

WAHEGURU......is all those and yet not them at all....He has Billions of Eyes and yet has NONE...billions of Feet ..yet none...Waheguru is "PERSONAL" as far as we take it..and He is not "personal" as far as we take it...my take....Guru Arjun Ji feels He is so near..that He SPEAKS softly and sweetly...Mitth Bollrra ji Har SAJAN MERA...how come we CANNOT feel Him this way or feel He is SO FAR AWAY ?? Why do we feel the "need" to have a personification..in the form of a statue/picture/person....tree/cow/building/book/whatever to feel WAHEGURU is near and our FRIEND ?? Its a matter of learning how..to a kindergarten kid..its A for APPLE..and He has to be shown a PICTURE of a shiny RED APPLE....but then it becomes A...for "ABSTRACT"....what "picture" will we need for that ?? Imho its our CHOICE if we want and feel the need for the shiny red apple picture always..or we go forward to Abstract and still see the A for what it is...too BIG for simple apples and oranges...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
GIYANI JARNAIL SINGH Ji,

That is exactly I was expecting from a person of your calibre since I start postings.
Wonderful and fearless acceptance of the real fact of Gurbani .
I still expect more from your goodself from time to time.

I hope you are still required to come up with the correct pronunciation and meaning of thevery first SYMBOL in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji .This can dramatically change our understanding of the whole of Gurbani.
What is the real significance of numerical number ONE of the SYMBOL it is utmost important to clarify.
I am sure you are going to take up this in your own style of presentation of the views more acceptable and considerate for many.

With regards

Prakash.S.Bagga

Parkash Ji..I am working on it..Thanks for the encouragement Jios
Regards

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM