• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Existence Of Abrahamic God

Aug 28, 2010
AMBARSARIA Ji,,
For your help I can suggest you a book .The Book is

SACRED SUJHMANI by Harbans Singh Doabia
Ex Adl Advocate Gen PUNJAB.

This book is avaiable from Singh Bros,AMRITSAR e mail singhbro@vsnl.com

I n this book you will find how English Phonetics have been used in Roman script and the words in Roman script in English language are as as in Gurmukhi script.
I follow this pattern of Gurbani words in English.

I dont know how much you will be convined with this author but certainly this is a book worth considering as a ref book.

Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Ishna Bhenji,

You are an inspiration to us all!

I cannot speak for Prakashji, but since arriving on this forum, it seems clear that every sikh has his/her own way of relating to the creator. I see him in my wife, stepson, mother, father, dogs, and the creator keeps popping up in more and more places, I suppose ultimately I will see the creator in everything. The last time we walked the dogs, my wife commented on how beautiful dog dirt was. I expected some sort of explanation, so i remained quiet, to us, its just dog dirt, but inside that dog dirt, is a whole world full of organisms and micro organisms, all playing their role in life, if you could examine that order in a microscope, it would look beautiful, she said,

So, if one can see god in dog dirt, and if god is in everything, both good and evil, then god is also in the negative and the positive.

You are correct, the creator is a single universal force, it just happens to be everywhere at the same time!

I think we as human beings find it hardest to define our own interpretation of the creator in words, which is where these observations can cause confusion. I personally think as long as your interpretation of the creator has its definitions in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, you cannot go far wrong, but I also think each of us takes a different way to feel the creator and what it means to us, although, all within the boundaries of sikh thinking.
harry haller ji that is the only way I have looked at creator all my life, i.e. in all and everywhere.

What is your hangup, brother? Come on over to the other side and fast peacesign :grinningsingh:

Sat Sri Akal.

Aug 28, 2010
It is not that important how every sikh should have his own way of relating or for that matter interprating the Creator.

The most important is to know what is the view of GuRU regarding Creator.
Any oneshould be interested in this only.

So there is no scope of any personal view regarding Creator other than what is being refered in Gurbani.

Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Sikhisim is not a path to GOD via GuRU.

Sikhisim is a path to GuRU via GuR as envisaged in Gurbani.

This is important to understand for all of us

Prakash.S.Bagga
Prakash.s.bagga ji your use of capital and lower case (u, U) to create phonetic equivalents is not a go for me. This is utterly confusing so I have given trying to encourage you to write Punjabi (in addition to English phonetics). Otherwise I am lost with your logic.

Example:
If we pronounce the following two words tell me how the letter U differs in sound between the uppercase and lower case as it does not sound different according to my learning,

• Under
  • Blunder
I don't like riddle talk. For example,
Sikhisim is not a path to GOD via GuRU.

Sikhisim is a path to GuRU via GuR as envisaged in Gurbani.

This is important to understand for all of us

I believe you identify GuR with Creator
If I say GuRu is Sri GuRu Granth Sahib ji, are you saying that I get to Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji through the creator or what!
We all recognize creator being the source of all creation, I thought the understanding of Creator is through your GuRu and not the other way around
Thanks.

Sat Sri Akal.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
This might help from Prakash ji's post #32:

Hint....The word GuRU the Capital U is for Dulakad Matra under the letter R of the
word GuR

The word GuRu the small u is for Aukad Matra under the letter R of the word
GuR
Always refer to Gurmukhi script to verify the above pattern of words.

*shrug smiley*

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
harry haller ji that is the only way I have looked at creator all my life, i.e. in all and everywhere.

What is your hangup, brother? Come on over to the other side and fast peacesign :grinningsingh:

Sat Sri Akal.

The other side is khalsa, for me the defination of khalsa is the where harry the clown, harry the wolf and harry the man all merge into one complete whole,

my hangup? I am like a baby in the womb that has adjusted to its environment and is loathe to come out,kicking and screaming into the world.

this is probably a good time to ask a question, The abrahamic god is feared, and good men are known as god fearing, should we fear the creator?

Aug 28, 2010
HARRY HALLER Ji,

There is no need of getting feared from the CREATOR.The Creator is always with you in all situations when all wordly relations run away.This is the unique quality of Creator being refered in Gurbani.
You are required to recognise the CREATOR as Friend and Guide and then see what Creator {GuR JOTi} does for you.You would become fearless as well as free from any animosity. You would start acquiring the qualities of the Creator to make you a wonderful person as GurSikh in the world.
Perhaps we are feared in recognising GuR JOTi as the CREATOR.

Prakash.S.Bagga

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Prakashji,

I have scoured the internet for references to GuR JOTI with little luck, in fact the only references on google were previous postings of yours!

Might I suggest a new thread, where we can all debate and discuss GuR JOTI and whether we are able to recognise it as creator?

From what I can decipher from your posts, you do not follow a baba as such,more a particular translation.

I can also find no reference on google to Sabadu, none that point towards sikhism anyway.

I feel you are making this very hard work for us all!

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
So all along, god fearing meant fear of not being close to god, rather being scared of god, this is enormously different from the abrahamic god fearing.

Amazing isnt it, that two words 'god fearing' can have such different meanings depending on what faith you follow

What we need is a super thanks tab for moments of life changing clarity, thank you Bhenji :)

Do not confuse meekness with politeness Bhenji, :)

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
*falls over* How'd you get that great insight (fear of separation) from that article?! Well done! That article has gone right over my head so thanks for boiling it down. Unless you have another, secret source! :grinningkudi:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Dear all, I respect the suggestion to start a separate thread, However, this matter of phonetic mysticism has been going on for months now. For a brief time I was able to bring it to a halt. Not long enough. Now admin and mods are going to have to be much more consistent about deleting such comments. This was indeed the stated consequence if it did not stop.

My humble suggestion on the GUR Jyoti matter is to simply substitute the words "Guru's jyoti" mentally, read on, and do not comment because that only prolongs things. In time the novelty will wear off. Thanks.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Sangat Ji,
With all due respect.
I think what Prakash Singh ji is trying to say or imply is that the meaning of "Guru Jyot" cannot be discussed. It must be made into a personal study done in solitude, where one dwells on the words of Gurbani and comes to understand the meaning on their own.
Now if you want Prakash Singh ji's views on "Guru jyot" then that may lead to agreement and disagreement but will not lead to the understanding that he is talking about. Hence this route is counter productive for him.

Just correct me if I am wrong Prakash ji.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Prakash S. Bagga,

Please feel free to respond to Bhagat Singh ji without anymore reference to the intricate phonics you have been promoting. Thank you.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Sangat Ji,
With all due respect.
I think what Prakash Singh ji is trying to say or imply is that the meaning of "Guru Jyot" cannot be discussed.

It must be made into a personal study done in solitude, where one dwells on the words of Gurbani and comes to understand the meaning on their own.
Bhagat Singh ji there is absolutely nothing wrong with personal study. However we must recognize that Guru ji spoke against "bagla Bhagats"(pelicans standing on one leg pretending to the fish they are sleep) and Hermits stuck in caves searching for God. They clearly stated that none of such was needed. They suggested an ever cognizant mind always awake even while doing worldly chores which again they postulated for and celibacy, etc., was spoken against.

Sikhism is a way to get understanding and living in consonance with the the creator/creation in the simplest of ways with open mind and active senses day and night.

Now if you want Prakash Singh ji's views on "Guru jyot" then that may lead to agreement and disagreement but will not lead to the understanding that he is talking about. Hence this route is counter productive for him.

Just correct me if I am wrong Prakash ji.
Sat Sri Akal.

Aug 28, 2010
Bhagat Singh ji,
There are many quotes in SGGS with the word 'JOT/GuR JOT.If you go thru the nessages of these quotes I am sure you will getWhat I have been mentioning in all my posts.

My dear freind the word in Gurbani in Gurmukhi script is JOTi but in English you will find as JOT.{Small i is to indicate Sihari Mtara with the word JOT}

The word JOT or GuR JOT are the proper words of Gurbani .I am surprised at the views
of those who think that I am trying to establish something in my own ways.This is gross misconception in respect of my postings.
There can be nothing out of Gurbani in my posts , anyone should verify first himself before makng any conclusion.

Prakash.S.Bagga

Aug 28, 2010
AMBARSARIA Ji,
If you have decided to delete the posts with the words the way these are written in Gurmukhi script of Gurbani then I have no scope of sharing my wiews in the Forum as I bekieve in making use of Gurbani words as given in SGGS with proper matras .

A couplet for sharing

:Wo Afsaanaa Jise Anjaam Tak Laanaa na ho Mumkin
Use Ik Khoobsoorat Md Dekar Chodanaa Achaa"
Many many thanks for their cooperation to all.

Prakash.S.Bagga

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
<peering round nervously>

uhmm ok well, going back to abrahamic god, I would just like to share my experiences of the word 'god'. I think by default, the word god can only refer to the abrahamic god. I increasingly find myself using the word god to my wife, or customers, and it really is a killer. This morning, I mentioned to my wife about god fearing, and how in sikhism, god fearing must mean the fear of being without god. She made a face, as she always does when I mention god, if i use words like creator, order of consonance, eternal lifeforce or any number of words other than 'god', my wife is completely receptive to the concept. However, and this has happened to me with others, I can explain theories and philosophies whilst using the words creator, but as soon as I mention the word god, peoples face fall, oh, its god, I thought it was something different, something special, but its just that god thing again. The problem with the abrahamic god, is it is nothing like Waheguru. One is an angry personification, that in the old testament has a voice, a body, can walk, can get angry, plays mind games with people, the other is nothing but truth.

I have stopped using the word 'god' in conversations as I feel it does not encapsulate the full beauty of Waheguru. It muddies the crystal clear waters not only to others but sometimes to myself. As a focus, when I think of Waheguru, I think of Ek Onkar, and the entire solar system, universe all revolving round a huge Ek Onkar!

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
AMBARSARIA Ji,
If you have decided to delete the posts with the words the way these are written in Gurmukhi script of Gurbani then I have no scope of sharing my wiews in the Forum as I bekieve in making use of Gurbani words as given in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji with proper matras .

A couplet for sharing

:Wo Afsaanaa Jise Anjaam Tak Laanaa na ho Mumkin
Use Ik Khoobsoorat Md Dekar Chodanaa Achaa"
Many many thanks for their cooperation to all.

Prakash.S.Bagga
Prakash.s.bagga ji I don't delete your post(s), I am not a moderator here.

I do support the moderators here though and their actions. They are more learned than I and more fairer than most.

Playing in riddles was not a technique that our Gurus supported, condoned or propagated. They encouraged straight up understanding and communications. They encouraged learning through fierce but respectful direct dialog. I want to be challenged and I will respectfully try to respond in detail. I am sure I have failed in this sometimes and have been reminded of such. I take these as opportunities to get better. My general expectations of others I dialog with are the same.

Below the song prakash.s.bagga ji did not fully provide against spn TOS lol mundahug
‪Gumrah (1963) - Chalo Ek Baar Phir Se‬‏ - YouTube

I believe most dialog at spn is like the following instead,

‪GUMRAH - Tujhko Mera Pyar Pukare (Duet)‬&rlm; - YouTube

To each their own and enjoy.

Sat Sri Akal.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM