• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Eating Human Flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenjuice

SPNer
Jun 5, 2009
what about eating human flesh in Sikhism? as long as the human was not ritually slaughtered, of course... maybe it would be preferable to kill the human by Jhatka method.. (although i don't see the logic there, because Jhatka is hindu method of sacrificing animals to Kali, but ok)

the question is- from the point of view that meat is allowed for a Sikh (as long as it's not halal/kosher), is there anything if the Bani forbidding a Sikh to eat human meat?

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Re: eating flesh?

I must say, this is the most bizzare question I have read on any Sikh forum to date. Are you serious Greenjuice?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Re: eating flesh?

greenjuice ji has told me by private message that he has some serious questions about the topic. I am going to re-open this and see what is posted. If commentary does not improve by the end of the day, it will be closed again.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
IF you go to HARDWAAR on the Banks of the Ganga..you will meet a TRIBE of SADHUS who EAT rotting/half burnt HUMAN CORPSES... they will swim out to the burning pyre..and eat their Fill..its a RELIGIOUS OBLIGATION and LAWFUL.:up:
BTW imho asking IF Cannibalism is allowed by GURBANI is as SICK ...or even...as sicker than they come. What has Cannibalism got to do with SPIRITUAL JOURNEY which is what Gurbani is about ??:}--}::}--}:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Gyani ji

This is why I think that trolling is going on. Let's take a look.

what about eating human flesh in Sikhism?
Sensational question that has already been discussed on a different thread and was ruled off topic. So why not make another stab at it? :(

as long as the human was not ritually slaughtered, of course...
A thinly disguised taunt based on similar discussions on other threads of ritual slaughter of meat. Greenjuice is reminding us just in case we forgot.

maybe it would be preferable to kill the human by Jhatka method..
Another tongue-in-cheeck taunt based on the Jhatka thread. :(

(although i don't see the logic there, because Jhatka is hindu method of sacrificing animals to Kali, but ok) - Another attempt at sardonic humor. Falls flat but nonetheless we have discussed it already months ago. :(

the question is- from the point of view that meat is allowed for a Sikh (as long as it's not halal/kosher),
The poster has raised his/her eyebrows symbolicaly when writing this particular comment -- after all why not sprinkle a little skepticism at this point. :(

is there anything if the Bani forbidding a Sikh to eat human meat?
Now of course this question actually can be answered at length, but this question, which is the finale, IS THE TROLLING QUESTION. The lure to attract the fish, angling at someone who now is motivated to set the record straight so that forum members get a clear message. :(

The post is a perfect example of trolling. The essence of trolling is to throw some questions into a thread that have been asked and answered numerous times. Veteran members know it. However there is the possibility that newcomers mgiht actually think that the post has merit or substance, or that the questions might actually have strong relevance -- in this case to Sikhism. Then the forum is supposed to go into an uproar because it has been "tricked" into a discussion that is actually needless. The troller has a good laugh.

I asked greenjuice if he had anything of merit to add, after a private protest by private message by greenjuice to me after the thread was closed. I still have not received an answer and he has not posted anything.

So forum members that is how trolling works. And this thread is now closed permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM