• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Don't Allow Gay Marriages: Akal Takht

I seriously doubt how our religious sikh leaders can try to impose their decisions on the large population of canadians. We are not the native inhabitants of Canada...and everyone else who is not a sikh follower does reserves the right to do what ever he likes. We simply cant interfere with him coz we believe differently.

yes u can enlighten him, but to follow or not to, is ultimately his own decision.
Probably our leaders shud turn their mind to some other issues. Back at home in punjab, how many sikh youths are now on the path of chopping their hairs off, you turn a blind eye to your gross failures at home, and turn your mind to something that applies to wider population and u want to stop simply coz ur sect doesnt agrees with it.

common "Leaders" everyone has his/her own choice,faiths...stop it.

Look at wider aspects,
french goverment, which affects the sikhism directly ( i know many efforts are going on, but how much fruitful)
Punjabi is grossly in the wave of "Jagat jooth"
Youths in punjab prefer to chop their hairs off and as far as i know there very less being done by our so called and self proclaimed leaders, most of the work done in this regard is by other otrganizations (God bless them).

Jul 13, 2004
UK
Jathedar Joginder Singh Vedanti, head priest of the Akal Takht, urged them to stop such "anti-human tendencies," saying the idea of same sex wedlock "originates in sick minds."

Such harsh words are often used my Islamic/Christian speakers. Even Guruji says NOT TO SLANDER so what on earth is he on about?

Aug 27, 2005
Baltimore Md USA
"The spiritual leader of Indian Sikhs has appealed to Canadian Sikh MPs to fight tooth and nail a same-sex marriage bill to be presented in Canadas ..."

Canadian MPs are accountable to their constituents not a religious leader in India. It does sound like a mullah meddling in another countries affairs by telling Muslims what they should do.

Peace<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
I can see absolulty no theistical arguments from the POV of the Sikh Dharma, why same gender relationships and thus marriage should not be allowed. Can any brothers or sisters see any?

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
what is POV of sikh dharma

Roopsidhu ji,

I'm uncertian how you mean this question so I shall try to cover all that I can in my answer.

Firstly POV, means Point Of View.

So my initial question is asking from the point of view of the Sikh dhama, what reasons could there be to prohibite same gender relationships, and thus marriage, as I can not see any, and wondered if my fellow Sikhs can see what I have missed, or are you in agreement with me?

I hope that answers your question.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: