• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Does The Sikh Rehat Promote A 'healthy' Attitude Toward Sexuality?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
If debate is what we want here, I give you debate. :)

p/s @ Luckysingh ji

a passing note, not by way of debate.

SGPC is not "from Akal Takht." Akal Takht - the throne beyond time - is a place not a person or a panthic body. Jathedar Akal Takht is employed by SGPC. More accurately there are 5 Jathedars from the 5 "thrones" all of whom are employees of SGPC. Prior to the current system from 1920, Jathedar Akal Takht was traditionally the head of Budda Dal and a Nihang.

Last edited:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Perhaps you had amrit from Taksal panj pyarey.
I know it mentions dating, but this is in reference to promiscuous or sexual activites.
In the op, you mentioned kissing, which may be exchange of saliva as body fluid and nothing else. I seriously do NOT think this comes under the banner.
As far as I see it, dating is fine as long as sexual relations are not there.
Most religions have this basis and issue of 'sex outside marriage'.

Please note that, sex outside marriage is NOT' kissing outside marriage'.

I am not married, I was not aware that dating Sikhs had to abstain from sex prior marriage, is there a list you can furnish me with that sets out exactly what I can and cannot do prior marriage before I end up doing something I should not.........

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
This is a clarification of the identity of Akaal Takht, the history of its connection with SGPC and the role of the Jathedar, and probably off-topic.

On October 12,1920, when some initiated Sikhs, belonging to so-called low castes, went to Akal Takht Sahib to offer an Ardas (prayer), to caretaker of Akal Takht Sahib and the Granthis slipped away. The gathering found the Takht Sahib unattended. A Jatha (band) of 25 Sikhs was selected to take care of Takht Sahib. Bahi Teja Singh Bhucher was appointed as the Jathedar of the Jatha. Bhai Teja Singh was to be the chief of the Jatha and not Akal Takht Sahib.

read on for the early history and events that followed http://www.sikhmarg.com/english/akal.html

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM