Sikh Does Guru Granth Sahib Instruct Us To Do Jap /simran Of "har"

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by A_seeker, Jun 6, 2018.

1. A_seeker

A_seeker Writer SPNer

ਹੁਕਮਿ ਰਜਾਈ ਚਲਣਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਨਾਲਿ ॥੧॥ हुकमि रजाई चलणा नानक लिखिआ नालि ॥१॥
    Hukam Rajaaee Chalanaa Naanak Likhiaa Naal ||1||
    O Nanak, it is written that you shall obey the Hukam of His Command, and walk in the Way of His Will. ||1||

2. Harry Haller

Harry Haller

Panga Master

SPNer

hahaha ok can you please explain what hukam is, and what his will is?

3. A_seeker

A_seeker Writer SPNer

ਹੁਕਮਿ ਰਜਾਈ ਚਲਣਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਨਾਲਿ ॥੧॥ हुकमि रजाई चलणा नानक लिखिआ नालि ॥१॥
    Hukam Rajaaee Chalanaa Naanak Likhiaa Naal ||1||
    O Nanak, it is written that you shall obey the Hukam of His Command, and walk in the Way of His Will. ||1||

This is not my opinion i have just translated a small paragraph written by Bhai Vir Singh in his book you can get it verified or read his book i am pretty sure you all will be in total disagreement and would come to conclusion that even Bhai Vir Singh could not understand the essence of Gurbani .What i am saying this is how we are raised and taught gurbani .

4. A_seeker

A_seeker Writer SPNer

Well i like to concede regarding my approach to Naam Simran after reading the article quoted. It was thought provoking . I would not like to further put forward my opinion on this matter. This article is worth reading and undersyanding again & again .I thank everyone in this thread for helping me out to understand true meaning of Waheguru. I feel sad that i joined this forum very late .
    Thanks

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh Mentor Writer SPNer

Yes, I have studied Bhai Vir Singh's work quite intensely.

Before I answer about what Bhai Sahib wrote, I have no idea if you know that Bhai Vir Singh was the financier of Hemkunt.
    What is your opinion about Hemkunt and the legend behind it?

6. A_seeker

A_seeker Writer SPNer

Yes I agree Hemkunt has nothing to do with Sikhsim and infact with Sri Gobind Singh .According to his own autobiography he was a rishi doing tapsya there in his previous birth and Gurbani or Sikhs has nothing to do with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Tejwant Singh

I am still waiting for your thoughts regarding the financing of Hemkunt by Bhai Sahib and under what reasons as per Gurmat values. He must have believed in the Hindutva values in order to finance such a huge project along with "to his own autobiography he was a rishi doing tapsya there in his previous birth." As a result, he is responsible for turning people back to mechanical rituals like this one. Thousands of Sikhs go there yearly. This has turned Sikhi to a point of no return for many as they continue with their annual voyage to this fairytale place concocted by Bhai Sahib.

Yet, your argument of parroting is based on his writings, which seems a bit odd, to say the least.

PS- As a full discloser, Bhai Sahib was a very close friend of my Grandad's, Dr Balwant Singh Malik.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Aman Singh

Aman Singh Admin SPNer

Tejwant ji, what was your Grandad's impression of Bhai Vir Singh!

9. Tejwant Singh

Pita ji, Bhai Sahib, Prof Puran Singh- Pita ji's cousin and Sobha Singh the portrait painter used to spend every summer in Kasauli along with others.
    Pita ji had distanced himself after this Hemkunt's charade as per himself but they still remained close friends. I learnt a lot about my family through Pita ji after returning to India in 1985, 14 years after since I had left it.