• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Does God Have Hands?

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Dear all and Aad002 Jee!

I have requested Avinash Kaur Jee to publish her E-mail address on this forum or allow me to do it.
I may discuss this matter after this interview is on air. Thanks.

Balbir Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Oh! That is really interesting. The interview didn't happen yet, or so it appears. Maybe there is a way to post the video in a new thread. Thanks for this informaton.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
when we say..Kaamyabee tere pair chummengee.."Success will kiss your feet"..are we saying that "Kamyabee" has LIPS...is Kamyabee a Female or Male...and will i know when the kissing begins and stops ??

In SGGS..Guru ji says..Guru dario jall nirmal...is the Guru a river of water ? as the Hindus beleive Ganga is a Goddess..

Gyani jarnail Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Gyanni ji,

I follow you. However, Baldir ji doesn't want to talk about feet until we have solved the question of hands. It is not clear yet. Thank you.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Singh Sahib Bhai Balbeer Singh Ji,

Truth is that all hands which exists,which have exisited or will be exisiting were of God.

If say Hand of yourself or our respected Gyani Sahib Ji is on the head of das,then that is not your or his hand but Hand of God only.

what you type on the keyboard is not typed by your hands but of your Master's Hand or Hands of God.

ਪੰਨਾ 626, ਸਤਰ 19
ਪ੍ਰਭ ਡੋਰੀ ਹਾਥਿ ਤੁਮਾਰੇ ॥
प्रभ डोरी हाथि तुमारे ॥
Parabẖ dorī hāth ṯumārė.
O God, their reins are in Your hands.
ਮਃ 5 - [SIZE=-1]view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok[/SIZE]

ਪੰਨਾ 935, ਸਤਰ 16
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਡੋਰੀ ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਪਕੜੀ ਜਿਨ ਖਿੰਚੈ ਤਿਨ ਜਾਈਐ ॥
गुरमुखि गिआनु डोरी प्रभि पकड़ी जिन खिंचै तिन जाईऐ ॥
Gurmukẖ gi­ān dorī parabẖ pakṛī jin kẖincẖai ṯin jā­ī­ai.
The Gurmukhs know that God holds the string; wherever He pulls it, they must go.
ਮਃ 1 - [SIZE=-1]view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Dear all and Vijaydeep Singh Jee!

Thanks for your post.
God is Kartaa (The Doer) of all. The control of all activities is also in God's Hands alone.

The E-mail address of Avinash Kaur Jee is akproperties2004@yahoo.com. Anybody interested to know when and where in California those interviews will be on air may ask her directly. Perhaps she can provide a copy of the recording also.

Balbir Singh

k s gadh

SPNer
Dec 26, 2006
S.S Akaal

Veer Vijaydeep Singh ji has described the essence of line Does God have hands by refering to the line written on page no.626 " Parabh Dori Hath Tumare and second line written on page 935 Gurmukh gian Dori Parabh pakri Jin Khinchai Tin Jaiey.
When we say the Karta of the Srishti, therefore there is no doubt in saying that the God have hands.

Bhul chuk Maaf karni--very little knowledge about the gurbani.

Sat sri akaal.

Jan 6, 2007
UK
ਪੰਨਾ 935, ਸਤਰ 16
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਡੋਰੀ ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਪਕੜੀ ਜਿਨ ਖਿੰਚੈ ਤਿਨ ਜਾਈਐ ॥
गुरमुखि गिआनु डोरी प्रभि पकड़ी जिन खिंचै तिन जाईऐ ॥

The Gurmukh knows that the string attached to (Divine) knowledge is held by God. Whoever pulls it (i.e. who so ever seeks this knowledge) knows about this.

As long as one has created a barrier between oneself and God, there are no chances of reunion. We are God. It is only a case of realisation. Push away the Cloud of illusion and you shall realise the truth.

ekmusafir_ajnabi

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

So we can find spiritual comfort and respite from our worries rising up from this thread

IK ONKAR WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH.
God is one. The victory belongs to God.

SRI BHAGAUTI JI SAHAI.

The Great Eternal Power to help us.

VAR SRI BHAGAUTI JI KI PATSHAI DASWEEN.
This Var, addressed to the Almighty was written by Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

PRITHAM BHAGAUTI SIMAR KE GURU NANAK LAIN DHIAE
This line means that 'first of all after thinking of the Great Eternal Power I put my mind to Guru Nanak.

PHIR ANGAD GUR TE AMARDAS, RAMDASAE HOIEN SAHAI.
Then I pray to Guru Angad, Guru Amardas and Guru Ramdas to look after me.

ARJAN HARGOBIND NOO SIMRAU SRI HAR RAI.

I will meditate on Guru Arjan Dev, Guru Hargobind and Guru Har Rai.

SRI HARKRISHAN DHIAEY, JIS DITHE SABH DUKH JAIE.
I think of Guru Harkrishan, on seeing his calm face all agonies disappear.

TEG BAHADAR SIMARIYE, GHAR NAO NIDH AWAI DHAI. SABH THAIN HOI SAHAI.

If you meditate on Guru Teg Bahadar you will get the key for all the riches. He will help you everywhere.

DASWAN PATSHAH SRI GURU GOBIND SINGH SAHIB JI, SABH THAIN HOI SAHAI.
I request Guru Gobind Singh Ji, the tenth Guru, to look after me everywhere.

DASAN PATSHAHIAN DI JOT SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI DE PATH DIDAR DA DHAYAN DHAR KE BOLO JI 'WAHEGURU'.

Meditate on the teaching of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji which is the gospel of all the ten Gurus, and say 'WAHEGURU'.

PANJAN PIARIAN, CHOHAN SAHIBZADIAN, CHALI MUKTIAN, HATHIAN, JAPIAN, TAPIAN, JINHAN NAM JAPPIA, WAND CHHAKIA, DEG CHALAI, TEG WAHI, DEKH KE UNDITH KEETA, TINNA PIARIAN SACHIARIAN DI KAMAI DA DHIAN DHAR KE KHALSA JI BOLO JI - 'WAHEGURU'.

Think of the five chosen ones; the four sons of Guru Gobind Singh Ji; the forty martyrs and all those who meditated on God's name with strong faith and determination; shared with everybody whatever they had; participated in feeding the hungry; fought for the community; forgave the wrong doers; remember the great pieces of work done by those lovely and truthful people and say 'WAHEGURU'.

JINHAN SINGHAN SINGHANIAN NE DHARAM HET SIS DITTE, BAND BAND KATAE, KHOPRIAN LAHAIAN, CHARKHRIAN TE CHARHE, AAREAN NAAL CHEERAI GAE, DEGAN WICH UBALE GAE, BACHIAN DE TOTE KRA KE JHOLIAN WICH PWAEE, GURDWARIAN DI SEWA LAI QURBANIAN KEETIAN, DHARAM NAHEEN HARIA, SIKHI KESAN SWASAN NAAL NIBAHEE, TINNA DI KAMAI DA DHIAN DHAR KE , KHALSA JI, BOLO JI 'WAHEGURU.'

Those Sikhs, both men and women, who, for the sake of their religion, offered their heads; let their bodies be cut piece by piece; let their heads be scalped off; suffered torture under the body cutting wheel; let their body be sawed through the middle; boiled to death; who received the cut parts of their children's bodies into their laps; who sacrificed themselves for the sake of the reformation of the Gurdwaras; but they did not relinquish their religion; who stuck to the principles of 'Sikhi' up to their last breath, think of their heroic performance and say 'WAHEGURU'.

PANJAN TAKHTAN, SARBATT GURDWARIAN DA DHIAN DHAR KE BOLO JI 'WAHEGURU'
Think of the five supreme Gurdwaras and all the other Gurdwaras and say 'Waheguru'.

PRITHAMAE SARBATT KHALSA JI KI ARDAS HAI JI SARBATT KHALSA JI KO WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU CHIT AWAI, CHIT AWAN KA SADKA SARAB SUKH HOVEY; JAHAN JAHAN KHALSA JI SAHIB TAHAN TAHAN RACHHIA RIAYAT, DEG TEG FATEH, BIRDH KI PAIJ , PANTH KI JEET, SRI SAHIB JI SAHAI, KHALSA JI KE BOL BALE , BOLO JI 'WAHEGURU.'
The first and foremost prayer of the Khalsa is to remember 'Waheguru' and through this, there should be peace everywhere. Wherever there is Khalsa, may God's grace be there. Khalsa should succeed in feeding and in protecting the poor people, Waheguru Ji, look after your people as your graceful nature is, Khalsa should always be successful, may the Eternal Power help us; think of the high esteem of the Khalsa and say 'Waheguru'.

SIKHAN NOO SIKHI DAN, KES DAN, REHAT DAN, BIBEK DAN, BHAROSA DAN, DANAN SIR DAN NAAM DAN, SRI AMRITSAR JI DE DARSHAN ISHNAN, CHOWKIAN JHANDE BUNGE, JUGO JUG ATTAL, DHARAM KA JEKAR, BOLO JI 'WAHEGURU.'
It is our request, Waheguru Ji, that Sikhs should have your grace to keep 'Sikhi', the hair, all the 'Rehats' (the commandments given by Guru Gobind Singh Ji; see Panj Piare, mentioned earlier), high intelligence, trustworthiness, and above all the supreme gift of remembering Your Name; they may be given the pleasure of visiting Amritsar. The chownki (see below), your flags and the 'Bunge' (see below) may always be there for your Sikhs, and and let the 'Dharam' (virtues of the religion) prevail; everybody should say 'Waheguru'.

SIKHAN DA MAN NEEVAN, MAT UCHEE, MAT KA RAKHA AAP AKAL PURKH WAHEGURU. HAI AKAL PURKH PANTH DE SADA SAHAI DATAR JIO, SRI NANKANA SAHIB TE HORE GURDWARIAN GURDHAMAN DE, JINHAN TON PANTH NOO WISHORIA GIA HAI, KHULE DARSHAN DIDAR TE SEWA DA DAN KHALSA JI NOO BAKHSHO. HAI NIMANIAN DE MAAN, NITANIAN DE TAN, NIOTIAN DI OT, SACHE PITA WAHEGURU AAP DE HAZOOR, '*************' BHUL CHUK MAAF KARNI, SARBATT DE KARAJ RAAS KARNE, SAEE PIARE MAEL JINHAN MILYAN TERA NAAM CHIT AWAI.

Sikhs should have humble minds and high in intellect (thoughts); may God take care of the intellect and the honour of the Sikhs. Waheguru Ji, please give us the chance to visit and look after the Gurdwaras, like Nankana Sahib, from which we have been separated. You always take care of the honour of those who have no honour; You are the force of those who have no force and You are the support of those who have no support. Waheguru Ji, at this time at Your service......Here we make a special prayer to the ONE and ONLY ONE ALMIGHTY saying why this prayer is being offered .....please pardon our mistakes, please help everybody to accomplish their work (or mission), please help us meet those devotees who talk only about You.'

NANAK NAM CHARDI KALA, TERE BHANE SARBATT DA BHALA.
Nanak says, 'Oh God, under Your Name let everybody prosper and everybody should have your Grace'.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH.
Khalsa belongs to God, the victory also belongs to God.

BOLE SO NIHAL, SAT SRI AKAL.
He who speaks God's name, may have God's grace. The truth is supreme and immortal.

Source: Gurpreet Singh Modi: Sikhism-Ardaas

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Dear all!

This is pleasing to know that some are aware of God's Hands. Many others are getting ready to feel God's Hands.

It is Surprising that most of the people do not want to waste their valuable life even thinking about this awareness.

Balbir Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: