• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Mould our own lives to GURBANI is truly respecting the GURU. There is no need for anyone else..baba/priest/jathedar/gyani/granthi/living guru whispering in your ear..we are to Discover within ourselves our MOOL..the ROOT and meet the SAADH, the Brahmgyani..the Gyani..the GURMUKH...the SANT that is ALREADY DEEP WITHIN US. The GRANTH ( referred to as mere "printed matter" by some ) is the Master Architectural-Plan so to speak on which we are to base/build/construct our palace..any questions and we can ask the Master Architect already living within us...can anything be simpler than that ??
Love and respect towards all..Sarbatt da Bhalla..

Gyani jarnail Singh

This is why we should not worry about anything. This is what we need to remember. And this is what is hard. But we try.

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!
Dear all and Namjap Jee!

Wisdom (Gur) Prasaad is Jap. The state described by Guru Naanak Dev Jee Anhqw sbd vwjMq ByrI ]1] rhwau ] is the result of true Jap.
Gurdev has never said that one has already Jap within. Why the need of Sabad when Jap is already inside?

This wonderful Vaak also explains the same.
Anhd sbid suhwvxy pweIAY gur vIcwir ]

These are the attributes of Sabad. Sabad is pleasent. Sabad is boundryless. How to contemplate on it? This wisdom (Gur) is received first.

Come to know true Sabad. All questions about Sabad disappear then.

Balbir Singh

mkm

SPNer
Mar 1, 2008
Most respected mkm ji,

I am honored to meet you. You are very knowledgeable about Gurbani and Gurmat, someone to learn from. And from Chandigarh :cool: Very cool! I have never visited Chandigarh, but everything I read says that you are in a place thriving with spiritual and intellectual pursuits. This is my pleasrue. Back to you.

Very Respected aad0002 Ji,

Kindly accept my thanks for such a compliment though deep down I feel I am not that much worth. Every day I take a Shabad along with Dr Sahib Singh's jian's interpretation and try to understand Guru message. I am working very hard to improve myself. I am learner from every one. My husband says" Go out and see, GOD has made others for us to learn some thing so that we can turn back to HIM." That statement helps me a lot when every day I walk out.
Chandigarh is nice city, cleaner, safer than other cities and governed nicely, there are Gurudawaras to visit to have Hukmnama for the day. Thanks:):up:

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!
Dear all!

This is a memoir from my childhood.

In the neighborhood Mrs. Singh arranged a Keertan Party. Raagee Jee started singing 'Guru Naanak mayray Saa-iN-aa'. Chattering among ladies but went on without a pause. Raagee Jee continued singing the next line 'asee raolaa paavan aa-iN-aa'.
The ladies went on singing the chorus line till someone started laughing louder.

I just remembered this while reading the post from Mkm Jee.

Who is seeking the Sabad Guru? Who is enjoying information on Sabad Guru?

Balbir Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Balbir ji

I have disagreed with your ideas -- sometimes I disagree. But that doesn't mean that I don't see the person that you are. Your story had me laughing -- sometimes the sound of ladies chattering is so loud in the back of gurdwara that is sounds like the deafening chirps of frogs in the thousands on a sand dune near the ocean at night. But it is all his play. This is all His creation.

So forgive the chatter. I thank you for the opportunity to have a discussion.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Balbir Jis childhood memoir is 110% correct. in my teens ( when i regularly attended Akhand paaths as pathi..but didnt have much "gyan"... I once foolishly made a bet with a fellow student that I could say the words..TARZAN HAS COME..TARZAN and JANE HAVE COME..waaah waah woooh... FIVE times durign my Raol to a Full House Gurdwara sangat on the PA System and NOT a single soul would notice. He was to pay me Singapore Dollars250 if no oen protested and i would pay him $500 and would of course get pesh before the Panj/even get a beating for disrespect of holy akhand paath. I WON THE BET. The Raol was about Maru Sohilay...8 pm and FULL HOUSE in Sri guru Singh Sabha Gurdawra Singapore 1970.and i managed to add in the "tarzan lines five times without losing a beat....and not a peep out of any "listeners"...shows who really listens at akhand paaths !!! I have done so many ardasses to Guru Ji to beg forgiveness..both for ME and for the Listeners....am much wiser now and Stopped going for PAID Paaths...only do Sangat paaths simply because the sangat requests and i get my favourite 2am-4am raols where i am ALONE with My GURU JI ALL the time. There shoudl be a LAW that at least FIVE listeners at every akhand paath at all times !!! All this has become empty rituals...FOKEH SIKHS do FOKEH RITUALS...
With Sorrow and regret
Gyani jarnail Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM