• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Do All Religions Lead To God?

Aug 27, 2005
Baltimore Md USA
With respect Begum

Let me try to more clearly express my position.

I believe everyone is on a spiritual path or journey. Even the atheist or non believer is experiencing a spiritual evolution

When I look at the commonalities of religions I see love God, worship God, and do not harm fellow beings. The final result of which is reunion or eternal fellwship with God. It is my belief that anyone who follows and obeys these three requirements in time will have the desired result. Of course my opinion is predicated on my belief that there is one "Creator" and all worship the same God whether they are aware of it or not.

Problems set in when various religions claim exclusivity on "The Truth". This and other such doctrine and idealogy are divisors for those who take the bait.

Some believe we only have one chance to get these three things right( love God, worship God, and do no harm. I do not believe this to be because a loving Creator would give its children chances time after time as I have done my own. So if the choice of parachute is not ideal for the situation perhaps the next one will give a better result, perhaps we need to experience all of the parachutes to complete the evolutional journey of the soul.

Peace
Satyaban

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
You are a wise person. Why don't you expand your wisdom here a bit more. Once upon a time I was visited by a Pandit who passed by my office. When he saw me, he told me I am honoured to have met a person like you. He made me feel special, so I thought, "maybe I can't see it, but others can."

What a fool I was. Because he was seen elsewhere telling the same thing to that person. I felt cheated and taken for a ride. :rofl!!:

May 23, 2005
Resolving contradictions between different scriptures

The same Lord came to different parts of the world in different age to preach the same Divine Knowledge. All the scriptures of the world are the records of the knowledge given by the same Lord and hence cannot contradict each other. Yet we find sometimes that there are some glaring contradictions between different scriptures of the world. This is in part due to fact that the Lord taught the same truth in different ages and places in a slightly different way, so as to suit the culture and language of the people. This is only an extraneous difference. The essential knowledge is the same. Correct interpretation will remove the contradiction.
Sometimes there may be an apparent difference even in the essential meaning.

In such as case the inconsistency is probably caused by corruption of the scripture over generations. Comparison with other scriptures of the world will help in removing the corrupted portions in each scripture. Here it becomes essential to bring in experience as a prama?a or a valid means of knowledge. While comparing contradictory views in different scriptures, the view which agrees with experience or anubhuti should be taken as correct.

At the Lotus Feet of His Holiness Sri Dattaswami

Anil Antony

www.universal-spirituality.org
Universal Spirituality for World Peace

Aug 27, 2005
Baltimore Md USA
Begum my respected friend,

"When he saw me, he told me I am honoured to have met a person like you. He made me feel special, so I thought, "maybe I can't see it, but others can.""

If this "once upon a time" pandit made such remarks to 100 people does that have make it untrue for you?

"What a fool I was. Because he was seen elsewhere telling the same thing to that person. I felt cheated and taken for a ride."

What were you cheated out of? You may have felt foolish but that does not make one a fool. What a person feels does not define them, feelings are not facts and they pass.

"Does it really matter what I believe?
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If there is life after death then it probably matters a great deal."[/FONT]

What I believe does not affect what is true. Imagine you have two individuals. Person A is a Christian and believes he has only one lifetime to acheive "salvation" and person B believes in reincarnation. Each lives his life
worshipping The Creator, doing what is right as best he could, and causing no harm. When each died would what they believed make any difference. Would person A be denied rebirth with unresolved karma and advance to reunion with The Creator and person B continue to ride the cycle of rebirth to advance spiritually?

Peace
Satyaban

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
Dear Satyaban ji,

Truly very well presented thought from you. Nice to have people like you on this forum. Very refreshing !!

Thanks

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
This a very interesting topic, Satyaban Ji.
I wish to hear from your wise thoughts, we'll all learn alot from you.

May 16, 2005
Vernon, BC Canada
I myself believe that most paths lead to god and enlightenemtn (among other things too).

I have seen many people who are close to god in other religions, and are doing good works for everyone else around them.

To say One religion has a monopoly over gods attention, violates one of gods attributes anyways - that being infinite in both love and power.

Aug 15, 2007
Namaskar,
Indeed I do believe this. As a Shaivite it is a part of my faith
It is said that Sri Ramakrishna experienced all faiths. I also believe that all are on a spiritual path even the atheist.
Peace to all seekers of peace, brother in creation, i dnt think anyone who truelly believes in God almighty will agree with ur false statement that even athieism is spiritual path unless they want to lie. One who dsnt even believe in his creator can not have any spirituality, his/her spirit is dead as evil. Peace Peace Peace.

Aug 15, 2007
Begum my respected friend,

"When he saw me, he told me I am honoured to have met a person like you. He made me feel special, so I thought, "maybe I can't see it, but others can.""

If this "once upon a time" pandit made such remarks to 100 people does that have make it untrue for you?

"What a fool I was. Because he was seen elsewhere telling the same thing to that person. I felt cheated and taken for a ride."

What were you cheated out of? You may have felt foolish but that does not make one a fool. What a person feels does not define them, feelings are not facts and they pass.

"Does it really matter what I believe?
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If there is life after death then it probably matters a great deal."[/FONT]

What I believe does not affect what is true. Imagine you have two individuals. Person A is a Christian and believes he has only one lifetime to acheive "salvation" and person B believes in reincarnation. Each lives his life
worshipping The Creator, doing what is right as best he could, and causing no harm. When each died would what they believed make any difference. Would person A be denied rebirth with unresolved karma and advance to reunion with The Creator and person B continue to ride the cycle of rebirth to advance spiritually?

Peace
Satyaban
Peace to all paece seekers. Satyaban ji, i dnt know why but ur stetements seem really devious, just by using glamorous words u can not fool people of understanding, are u for real? or are u really trying to fool ppl? let me tell u something! one can never be on straight path or spiritual path unless that path is given by the creator, many people make up their own religions and call it a spiritual path because it seems to them that way but, do they ever ask themselves if the creator is really pleased with their own made up path?..NO! they dnt question them selves infact they just carryon with their own philosophies and make them selves believe they are on spiritual path. The real spiritual path is that is given or shown by the Lord Himself rset are all false. As a muslim i will tell u something that Imam Ali said to a pagan as he Ali was preparing for prayer this pagan came to him and said 'O Ali, what ur doing will not benefit u it iwll only harm u and theres no life after death' then Ali replied 'What i am doing i am doing with my free will no one is forcing me to do it and am happy with it as i know it is from my Lord and, if theres no life after death as u believe then we both will have nothing to loose but, then if there is something after death and i am sure there is the you will have everything to loose'. so my friend and brother in creation we need to find out which is the real path and i hope that now ur not going to say even the satan worshiping is a spiritual path. We seek Allahs guidence and whom He guides none can misguide whom He leaves to misguidence none can guide them, Allah guide those who sincerely ask Him for guidence.

Aug 15, 2007
Remember GOD in whatever way one can!

You can say WJKK WJKF or RAM, ALLAH, CHRIST whatever u say, but whenever you are remembering HIM realization of HIS values can bring more near to HIM.

I would like to add here, may be someone can correct me, if I'm wrong that RELIGION is only ONE that is to have His Remeberance and DO all the good deeds for which you are capable, rather we may have different FAITHS- SIKH, HINDU, MUSLIM, CHRISTIAN, BUDHISM, JAINISM etc. Whatever faith you may choose, One thing is very clear that ROLE of YOUR GURU, I mean to say TEACHER. Main crux lies on is you must have Truthful Guru, and you have full devotion towards that GURU who can act as intermediary and who know about the GOD and GOD is infinite and all of us have finity. So whomsoever is your GURU must have accessability to GOD. Thats why, in Sikhism there is no difference between GOD and GURU. In the shape of eternal light HE is in everyone and is everywhere like we can see the 'sky color' of sky in pots filled with water . and whatever path you may choose if you have determination and Love towards Him, HE will automatically recognizes that faith -whatever faith.

That is one of the reason I'm strong believer that Sikhism faith is quite nearer to this as there is no difference in SATGURU and GOD. IF you love your Satguru/GOD HE will automatically recognizes your feelings and there is no need to worry- why -becauze worry for only those things which cannot be possible and everything in this human life is possible - Life, Death, Happiness, Sorrows etc.

Let us pray that fragnance of love and equal treatment for all prevails in this world - Let us grow where we can't restrict ourselves to my, own -family, community,society, state, country. Deliver the message of Universal brotherhood which is the essence of Sikhism.

I'm thankful to my Satguru/ God who has given me this realization and ability to write on this controversial subject.

Wherever HE prevails leads to have no controversy.
KSKHALSA JI, ur self as a sikh who believes that God is one and He begets not nore He is begotten same as it is in Quran too
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
[112:1] Proclaim, "He is the One and only GOD.
[112:2] "The Absolute GOD.
[112:3] "Never did He beget. Nor was He begotten.
[112:4] "None equals Him." .
my friend how can u say ram, jesus are names of God or thye're Gods? dnt u see God is not like his creation and theres none like unto him then u say call Him ram jesus or what ever? nah pahjee! thats wrong as u know that ram and jesus were human not god so dnt call God by names of human but by His own glorious names like Ar-Rahman=the most gracious Ar-Raheem=the most foregiving, Khaliq=the creator, Ar-Raziq=the sustainer, Al-wudud=the all loving, qulai shay in qadeer=the powerful do all things. Ram and Jesus or anyone amongst creation are not like him so dnt give His example with creation. Thank u, peace peace peace.

Aug 15, 2007
Al-Quran 82- The Shattering (Al-Infitaar)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
[82:1] When the heaven is shattered.
[82:2] The planets are scattered.
[82:3] The oceans are exploded.
[82:4] The graves are opened.
[82:5] Every soul will find out what caused it to advance, and what caused it to regress.
[82:6] O you human being, what diverted you from your Lord Most Honorable?
[82:7] The One who created you, designed you, and perfected you.
[82:8] In whatever design He chose, He constructed it.
[82:9] Indeed, you disbelieve in the religion.
[82:10] Oblivious to the fact that there are (invisible) keepers around you.
[82:11] They are honest recorders.
[82:12] They record everything you do.
[82:13] Surely, the pious have deserved bliss.
[82:14] While the wicked have deserved Hell.
[82:15] Will incur it on the Day of Judgment.
[82:16] They never leave it.
[82:17] Awesome is the Day of Judgment.
[82:18] What a day; the Day of Judgment!
[82:19] That is the day when no soul can help another soul, and all decisions, on that day, will belong to GOD.

Aug 15, 2007
peace to seekers of peace, here i post some verse from the holly Quran. If anyone wants to ask any question in private pls email me on daggeroftruth@hotmail.co.uk thank u. peace peace peace.

41. Fussilat
041.001 Ha. Mim.

041.002 A revelation from the Beneficent, the Merciful,

041.003 A Scripture whereof the verses are expounded, a Lecture in Arabic for people who have knowledge,

041.004 Good tidings and a warning. But most of them turn away so that they hear not.

041.005 And they say: Our hearts are protected from that unto which thou (O Muhammad) callest us, and in our ears there is a deafness, and between us and thee there is a veil. Act, then. Lo! we also shall be acting.

041.006 Say (unto them O Muhammad): I am only a mortal like you. It is inspired in me that your God is One God, therefor take the straight path unto Him and seek forgiveness of Him. And woe unto the idolaters,

041.007 Who give not the poor-due, and who are disbelievers in the Hereafter.

041.008 Lo! as for those who believe and do good works, for them is a reward enduring.

041.009 Say (O Muhammad, unto the idolaters): Disbelieve ye verily in Him Who created the earth in two Days, and ascribe ye unto Him rivals ? He (and none else) is the Lord of the Worlds.

041.010 He placed therein firm hills rising above it, and blessed it and measured therein its sustenance in four Days, alike for (all) who ask;

041.011 Then turned He to the heaven when it was smoke, and said unto it and unto the earth: Come both of you, willingly or loth. They said: We come, obedient.

041.012 Then He ordained them seven heavens in two Days and inspired in each heaven its mandate; and We decked the nether heaven with lamps, and rendered it inviolable. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Knower.

041.013 But if they turn away, then say: I warn you of a thunderbolt like the thunderbolt (which fell of old upon the tribes) of A'ad and Thamud;

041.014 When their messengers came unto them from before them and behind them, saying: Worship none but Allah! they said: If our Lord had willed, He surely would have sent down angels (unto us), so lo! we are disbelievers in that wherewith ye have been sent.

041.015 As for A'ad, they were arrogant in the land without right, and they said: Who is mightier than us in power ? Could they not see that Allah Who created them, He was mightier than them in power ? And they denied Our revelations.

041.016 Therefor We let loose on them a raging wind in evil days, that We might make them taste the torment of disgrace in the life of the world. And verily the doom of the Hereafter will be more shameful, and they will not be helped.

041.017 And as for Thamud, We gave them guidance, but they preferred blindness to the guidance, so the bolt of the doom of humiliation overtook them because of what they used to earn.

041.018 And We delivered those who believed and used to keep their duty to Allah.

041.019 And (make mention of) the day when the enemies of Allah are gathered unto the Fire, they are driven on

041.020 Till, when they reach it, their ears and their eyes and their skins testify against them as to what they used to do.

041.021 And they say unto their skins: Why testify ye against us ? They say: Allah hath given us speech Who giveth speech to all things, and Who created you at the first, and unto Whom ye are returned.

041.022 Ye did not hide yourselves lest your ears and your eyes and your skins should testify against you, but ye deemed that Allah knew not much of what ye did.

041.023 That, your thought which ye did think about your Lord, hath ruined you; and ye find yourselves (this day) among the lost.

041.024 And though they are resigned, yet the Fire is still their home; and if they ask for favour, yet they are not of those unto whom favour can be shown.

041.025 And We assigned them comrades (in the world), who made their present and their past fairseeming unto them. And the Word concerning nations of the jinn and humankind who passed away before them hath effect for them. Lo! they were ever losers.

041.026 Those who disbelieve say: Heed not this Qur'an, and drown the hearing of it; haply ye may conquer.

041.027 But verily We shall cause those who disbelieve to taste an awful doom, and verily We shall requite them the worst of what they used to do.

041.028 That is the reward of Allah's enemies: the Fire. Therein is their immortal home, payment forasmuch as they denied Our revelations.

041.029 And those who disbelieve will say: Our Lord! Show us those who beguiled us of the jinn and humankind. We will place them underneath our feet that they may be among the nethermost.

041.030 Lo! those who say: Our Lord is Allah, and afterward are upright, the angels descend upon them, saying: Fear not nor grieve, but hear good tidings of the paradise which ye are promised.

041.031 We are your protecting friends in the life of the world and in the Hereafter. There ye will have (all) that your souls desire, and there ye will have (all) for which ye pray.

041.032 A gift of welcome from One Forgiving, Merciful.

041.033 And who is better in speech than him who prayeth unto his Lord and doeth right, and saith: Lo! I am of those who are muslims (surrender unto Him).

041.034 The good deed and the evil deed are not alike. Repel the evil deed with one which is better, then lo! he, between whom and thee there was enmity (will become) as though he was a bosom friend.

041.035 But none is granted it save those who are steadfast, and none is granted it save the owner of great happiness.

041.036 And if a whisper from the devil reach thee (O Muhammad) then seek refuge in Allah. Lo! He is the Hearer, the Knower.

041.037 And of His portents are the night and the day and the sun and the moon. Adore not the sun not the moon; but adore Allah Who created them, if it is in truth Him Whom ye worship.

041.038 But if they are too proud - still those who are with thy Lord glorify Him night and day, and tire not.

041.039 And of His portents (is this): that thou seest the earth lowly, but when We send down water thereon it thrilleth and groweth. Lo! He Who quickeneth it is verily the Quickener of the Dead. Lo! He is Able to do all things.

041.040 Lo! those who distort Our revelations are not hid from Us. Is he who is hurled into the Fire better, or he who cometh secure on the Day of Resurrection ? Do what ye will. Lo! He is Seer of what ye do.

041.041 Lo! those who disbelieve in the Reminder when it cometh unto them (are guilty), for lo! it is an unassailable Scripture.

041.042 Falsehood cannot come at it from before it or from behind it. (It is) a revelation from the Wise, the Owner of Praise.

041.043 Naught is said unto thee (Muhammad) save what was said unto the messengers before thee. Lo! thy Lord is owner of forgiveness, and owner (also) of dire punishment.

041.044 And if We had appointed it a Lecture in a foreign tongue they would assuredly have said: If only its verses were expounded (so that we might understand) ? What! A foreign tongue and an Arab ? - Say unto them (O Muhammad): For those who believe it is a guidance and a healing; and as for those who disbelieve, there is a deafness in their ears, and it is blindness for them. Such are called to from afar.

041.045 And We verily gave Moses the Scripture, but there hath been dispute concerning it; and but for a Word that had already gone forth from thy Lord, it would ere now have been judged between them; but lo! they are in hopeless doubt concerning it.

041.046 Whoso doeth right it is for his soul, and whoso doeth wrong it is against it. And thy Lord is not at all a tyrant to His slaves.

041.047 Unto Him is referred (all) knowledge of the Hour. And no fruits burst forth from their sheaths, and no female carrieth or bringeth forth but with His knowledge. And on the day when He calleth unto them: Where are now My partners ? they will say: We confess unto Thee, not one of us is a witness (for them).

041.048 And those to whom they used to cry of old have failed them, and they perceive they have no place of refuge.

041.049 Man tireth not of praying for good, and if ill toucheth him, then he is disheartened, desperate.

041.050 And verily, if We cause him to taste mercy after some hurt that hath touched him, he will say: This is my own; and I deem not that the Hour will ever rise, and if I am brought back to my Lord, I surely shall be better off with Him - But We verily shall tell those who disbelieve (all) that they did, and We verily shall make them taste hard punishment.

041.051 When We show favour unto man, he withdraweth and turneth aside, but when ill toucheth him then he aboundeth in prayer.

041.052 Bethink you: If it is from Allah and ye reject it - Who is further astray than one who is at open feud (with Allah) ?

041.053 We shall show them Our portents on the horizons and within themselves until it will be manifest unto them that it is the Truth. Doth not thy Lord suffice, since He is Witness over all things ?

041.054 How! Are they still in doubt about the meeting with their Lord ? Lo! Is not He surrounding all things ?

Aug 15, 2007
46. Winding Sand-tracts (Al-Ahqáf)

046.001 Ha. Mim.

046.002 The revelation of the Scripture is from Allah the Mighty, the Wise.

046.003 We created not the heavens and the earth and all that is between them save with truth, and for a term appointed. But those who disbelieve turn away from that whereof they are warned.

046.004 Say (unto them, O Muhammad): Have ye thought on all that ye invoke beside Allah ? Show me what they have created of the earth. Or have they any portion in the heavens ? Bring me a scripture before this (Scripture), or some vestige of knowledge (in support of what ye say), if ye are truthful.

046.005 And who is further astray than those who, instead of Allah, pray unto such as hear not their prayer until the Day of Resurrection, and are unconscious of their prayer,

046.006 And when mankind are gathered (to the Judgment) will become enemies for them, and will become deniers of having been worshipped.

046.007 And when Our clear revelations are recited unto them, those who disbelieve say of the Truth when it reacheth them: This is mere magic.

046.008 Or say they: He hath invented it ? Say (O Muhammad): If I have invented it, still ye have no power to support me against Allah. He is Best Aware of what ye say among yourselves concerning it. He sufficeth for a witness between me and you. And He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.

046.009 Say: I am no new thing among the messengers (of Allah), nor know I what will be done with me or with you. I do but follow that which is inspired in me, and I am but a plain warner.

046.010 Bethink you: If it is from Allah and ye disbelieve therein, and a witness of the Children of Israel hath already testified to the like thereof and hath believed, and ye are too proud (what plight is yours) ? Lo! Allah guideth not wrong-doing folk.

046.011 And those who disbelieve say of those who believe: If it had been (any) good, they would not have been before us in attaining it. And since they will not be guided by it, they say: This is an ancient lie;

046.012 When before it there was the Scripture of Moses, an example and a mercy; and this is a confirming Scripture in the Arabic language, that it may warn those who do wrong and bring good tidings for the righteous.

046.013 Lo! those who say: Our Lord is Allah, and thereafter walk aright, there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

046.014 Such are rightful owners of the Garden, immortal therein, as a reward for what they used to do.

046.015 And We have commended unto man kindness toward parents. His mother beareth him with reluctance, and bringeth him forth with reluctance, and the bearing of him and the weaning of him is thirty months, till, when he attaineth full strength and reacheth forty years, he saith: My Lord! Arouse me that I may give thanks for the favour wherewith Thou hast favoured me and my parents, and that I may do right acceptable unto Thee. And be gracious unto me in the matter of my seed. Lo! I have turned unto Thee repentant, and lo! I am of those who surrender (unto Thee).

046.016 Those are they from whom We accept the best of what they do, and overlook their evil deeds. (They are) among the owners of the Garden. This is the true promise which they were promised (in the world).

046.017 And whoso saith unto his parents: Fie upon you both! Do ye threaten me that I shall be brought forth (again) when generations before me have passed away ? And they twain cry unto Allah for help (and say): Woe unto thee! Believe! Lo! the promise of Allah is true. But he saith: This is naught save fables of the men of old:

046.018 Such are those on whom the Word concerning nations of the jinn and mankind which have passed away before them hath effect. Lo! they are the losers.

046.019 And for all there will be ranks from what they do, that He may pay them for their deeds; and they will not be wronged.

046.020 And on the day when those who disbelieve are exposed to the Fire (it will be said): Ye squandered your good things in the life of the world and sought comfort therein. Now this day ye are rewarded with the doom of ignominy because ye were disdainful in the land without a right, and because ye used to transgress.

046.021 And make mention (O Muhammad) of the brother of A'ad when he warned his folk among the wind-curved sandhills - and verily warners came and went before and after him - saying: Serve none but Allah. Lo! I fear for you the doom of a tremendous Day.

046.022 They said: Hast come to turn us away from our gods ? Then bring upon us that wherewith thou threatenest us, if thou art of the truthful.

046.023 He said: The knowledge is with Allah only. I convey unto you that wherewith I have been sent, but I see you are a folk that know not.

046.024 Then, when they beheld it as a dense cloud coming toward their valleys, they said: Here is a cloud bringing us rain. Nay, but it is that which ye did seek to hasten, a wind wherein is painful torment,

046.025 Destroying all things by commandment of its Lord. And morning found them so that naught could be seen save their dwellings. Thus do We reward the guilty folk.

046.026 And verily We had empowered them with that wherewith We have not empowered you, and had assigned them ears and eyes and hearts; but their ears and eyes and hearts availed them naught since they denied the revelations of Allah; and what they used to mock befell them.

046.027 And verily We have destroyed townships round about you, and displayed (for them) Our revelation, that haply they might return.

046.028 Then why did those whom they had chosen for gods as a way of approach (unto Allah) not help them ? Nay, but they did fail them utterly. And (all) that was their lie, and what they used to invent.

046.029 And when We inclined toward thee (Muhammad) certain of the jinn, who wished to hear the Qur'an and, when they were in its presence, said: Give ear! and, when it was finished, turned back to their people, warning.

046.030 They said: O our people! Lo! we have heard a scripture which hath been revealed after Moses, confirming that which was before it, guiding unto the truth and a right road.

046.031 O our people! respond to Allah's summoner and believe in Him. He will forgive you some of your sins and guard you from a painful doom.

046.032 And whoso respondeth not to Allah's summoner he can nowise escape in the earth, and he hath no protecting friends instead of Him. Such are in error manifest.

046.033 Have they not seen that Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth and was not wearied by their creation, is Able to give life to the dead ? Aye, He verily is Able to do all things.

046.034 And on the day when those who disbelieve are exposed to the Fire (they will be asked): Is not this real ? They will say: Yea, by our Lord. He will say: Then taste the doom for that ye disbelieved.

046.035 Then have patience (O Muhammad) even as the stout of heart among the messengers (of old) had patience, and seek not to hasten on (the doom) for them. On the day when they see that which they are promised (it will seem to them) as though they had tarried but an hour of daylight. A clear message. Shall any be destroyed save evil-living folk ?
daggeroftruth@hotmail.co.uk

Aug 27, 2005
Baltimore Md USA
Daggeroftruth
I don't understand why you are here. Sikhism is not a religion of the book so why are you here. Are you here to gain an understanding of Sikhs or some other reason. Your last posts came off heavey handed. Your faith isn't the only path to truth so don't drill me on the Koran and denigrate my faith.

OM SHANTI SHANTI

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Satyaban ji

Thanks for the reminder to the preaching types. The post is a couple of years old and somehow we missed it in the interfaith dialogs section of the forum. I appreciate your reminder because who knows how many people read this and wondered as you did why it is here and what the point of it was.

Many Thanks,
Antonia

Josh martin

SPNer
Jul 8, 2009
sacramento, CA
God can be led by without religion.But a spiritual path needs a religion for its survival O/W the other religions surrounding that path will devour it.

Spiritual path is something made by us on earth vs something prophets/avatars show us?
Religions are above spiritual paths and are able to devour them?
hmm

Sticking to topic: Better question is are religions needed to lead to GOD?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
ਆਪਨ ਕੀਆ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਹੋਵੈ ਕਿਆ ਕੋ ਕਰੈ ਪਰਾਨੀ ॥
aapan keeaa kashhoo n hovai kiaa ko karai paraanee ||
By one's own efforts, nothing is done. What can the mere mortal accomplish?

ਜਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਭੇਟੈ ਏਕੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਬਖਾਨੀ ॥੩॥
jaa this bhaavai sathigur bhaettai eaeko naam bakhaanee ||3||
When it pleases the Lord, the mortal meets the True Guru, and chants the Name of the One Lord. ||3||

Ang 1124, Sant Kabir

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM