• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Desire Vs. Want

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Important points made by ekmusafir which need further discussion :-

1. Creation in order to keep a being absorbed in Maya creates conditions around that being which in turn gives birth to a desire. In some cases, this desire travels from the conscious to sub-conscious where it stays until it is reawakened.
2. For the others it stays in the conscious. You begin to dwell on this desire, over a period it gives birth to “want”. In order to fulfil your “want” you take action. This want becomes so strong that you are prepared to do anything to fulfil it.
3. This action becomes the cause of imbalance in Nature. This imbalance causes disruption in the plans of Nature. The result of your actions can be good or bad. An action that we consider good can be bad for nature. This becomes Karma because you are the sole cause of it. It is the domino effect. We repeatedly fall into this trap time and again.
4. This becomes Karma because you are the sole cause of it. It is the domino effect. We repeatedly fall into this trap time and again. Why? Firstly, because we do not learn from our mistakes and Secondly, we do not know anything better.

I will request ekmusafir ji to try to expand on the above statements as I feel they are important to everyone.

~ begum ~

Jan 6, 2007
UK
Important points made by ekmusafir which need further discussion :-

1. Creation in order to keep a being absorbed in Maya creates conditions around that being which in turn gives birth to a desire. In some cases, this desire travels from the conscious to sub-conscious where it stays until it is reawakened.
2. For the others it stays in the conscious. You begin to dwell on this desire, over a period it gives birth to “want”. In order to fulfil your “want” you take action. This want becomes so strong that you are prepared to do anything to fulfil it.
3. This action becomes the cause of imbalance in Nature. This imbalance causes disruption in the plans of Nature. The result of your actions can be good or bad. An action that we consider good can be bad for nature. This becomes Karma because you are the sole cause of it. It is the domino effect. We repeatedly fall into this trap time and again.
4. This becomes Karma because you are the sole cause of it. It is the domino effect. We repeatedly fall into this trap time and again. Why? Firstly, because we do not learn from our mistakes and Secondly, we do not know anything better.

I will request ekmusafir ji to try to expand on the above statements as I feel they are important to everyone.

~ begum ~

Begum ji,

Congratulations on your promotion.
I am sure you now do not need an answer to the above.
Between yourself, KDS and Aad, you have all the answers you need to know. :wah:

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Begum ji,

Congratulations on your promotion.
I am sure you now do not need an answer to the above.
Between yourself, KDS and Aad, you have all the answers you need to know.
NOTWORTH.GIF

DEar Musafir ji

Welcome Back! Good to see you again

I would say you should write bit more about it if you dont mind Obviously

Well as yoU think many people here dont need the answer but there can be many who needs it just like me
Thanks

Jatinder Singh

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Ekmusafir Ji,

I missed you. Thank God you're back. :)
I'm on your side.
Are you ready for some fireworks ?

Fireworks-09-june.gif

Jan 6, 2007
UK
DEar Musafir ji

Welcome Back! Good to see you again

I would say you should write bit more about it if you dont mind Obviously

Well as yoU think many people here dont need the answer but there can be many who needs it just like me
Thanks

Jatinder Singh

Sorry drkhalsa ji,

I did not come to join any discussions. I just came to delete all my posts. And if you see me here again it will not be contribute anything but to clean up my clutter. It was my misconception that people are intrested in spirituality. I do not wish to contribute any further to this forum. There is plenty of information and misinformation available on the internet. Happy hunting. I can put my time to better use.

I have my blessings from My Gurus. Some due to their shortcomings think that is ego (probably ones own reflection) and others join the bandwaggon to let off their steam. It is best to let things take its natural stride. You will appreciate it better.

The world is a Madhouse where Spirituality today is big business. It is like a Blind walking around with a Light. When he bumps into another, he claims to lead you to the right path and when some one genuinely is in a position to show the other the right path the Blind due to his own shortfall cannot accept it. The only way a sane can survive in house of the insane is to pretend to be the same. So just think of me as another Blind and seek the Wisdom from your Colleagues.

Good Luck.

P.S. Perhaps you may be able to tell me a quick way of deleting my comments.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Ekmusafir ji

Welcome back from your :star:sidereal:star: tours of the nakshatras and rāshis of Supreme Awareness :cool: I trust you are rested;)

Did you bring
photos to share with us:idea:

No matter what, May you have a sacred, peaceful, dreamy and giving sojourn here at SPN.....

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Sorry drkhalsa ji,

I did not come to join any discussions. I just came to delete all my posts. And if you see me here again it will not be contribute anything but to clean up my clutter. It was my misconception that people are intrested in spirituality. I do not wish to contribute any further to this forum. There is plenty of information and misinformation available on the internet. Happy hunting. I can put my time to better use.

So much anger on discussion forum just because some members do not agree with you.Is it you call spirituality?

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Everybody has varying degrees of anger. Even I had alot of anger - especially when I grossly misunderstood another forum member. But now I've got over it and have let go of it. It does come up once a while. I'm only human. When I reflect on my previous postings, I realise how childish I was - my embarrassment has led me to delete many of my previous posts. LOL

Jan 6, 2007
UK
So much anger on discussion forum just because some members do not agree with you.Is it you call spirituality?

It is amazing to see how strong the effect of Kalyug is on ordinary people. People see only what they want to see or perhaps it may be said, they see only what they are made to see”. It is very much a case of being absent minded. Unfortunately, it is the trait of Kalyug as negativity shall dwell and righteousness shall be shrugged under the carpet.

Re: Asaitic journal of 1828 Baptism of Sikh women refrence

“While he receives this water, he repeats five tiroes : " wah ! guru jida klialsa/ wah! guru jida ¡ihateh/"* The grant'hi next demands bis name, which, if insignificant in sound or meaning, ischanged for another, and the word sinyha^- added. After this, a meat offering is prepared, called hará prosada, composed of clarified butter,
flour, sugar, milk, and various kinds of fruits mixed and baked on the fire
.”

Let us look at the sentence, at the strength of which KDS concludes under the above
I think 3 points of this journal should be noted
1)some people started saying that there was no baptism for women in sikhism until 1860 or 70
it prooves that baptism was there for women in 1828
2)
meat was never forbidden in sikhism
3)Guru granth sahib was always the guru as some namdhari's say that under the influnce of britishers singh
sabhai made guru granth sahib as guru

that meat was never forbidden.

I would like to ask KDS if he has ever eaten such a dish or perhaps even if such a dish exists that has the following ingredients

“Meat (or even carcass), clarified butter, flour, sugar, milk, and various kinds of fruits mixed and baked on the fire”.

Let us look again at the above statement with a small correction.

After this, a sweet meat offering is prepared, called karh prasad, composed of clarified butter, flour, sugar, milk, and various kinds of fruits mixed and baked on the fire.”

English people used the word sweet meat for our mithai. Mince pies during Christmas are stuffed with raisins without a hint of meat in it. Where the word mince is normally associated with mince meat. It is clearly a misrepresentation of the facts most probably due to a misprint. Someone with a little acumen would have noticed this before making a statement. The word “meat” does not fit the composition of Karh Parshad. The same mentality exists with the authors of the thread "Fools who wrangle over flesh" where the fools have done similar mis-interpretations of Gurbani to enforce their own point of view.

Then you ask me why I have so much anger.

In that Article it was stated that Sufi Saints ate Meat. But contrary to this Mis-Information in that article
World Vegetarian Congress 1957 (My gratitude goes to Begum ji for this link”)
The comments of a Sufi Matt follower are totally different.
It was at the age of seventeen that I happened to read a book on mysticism. It left a deep impression upon my mind and I was attracted to Sufism and Mysticism. The book was a guide for me to develop the latent powers in me on the way to spiritual life. For a Sufi, Vegetarianism is a sine qua non. This was my first lesson in Vegetarianism and since then I have been both a Sufi and Vegetarian.”
Syria's famous Philosopher and Poet, Abu-l-Ala-Almaorri, who was a great Vegetarian of his time, infused the love of Vegetarianism and protection of animal life by his masterpieces and writings about the importance of Vegetarianism. In a couplet in Arabic he says: "People catch the flea and kill in; on the other hand they give alms to the poor. Better it is to free the flea (and not to kill it) than to give alms to the poor. Why so? because life is dear (precious) to them both and they are anxious to live longer." It is all the property of Nature and it will stand in the way of progress. It will demand a payment.
My experience of more than fifty years has led me to believe that vegetarian diet is easier to digest and keeps the physical mental and spiritual powers intact.
“…………….viewpoint only by bringing home to them the injurious effects of meat-eating on body, mind, and soul.
The Sidhas(spiritually enlightened people) in SidhGhost clearly support the “injurious effects of meat-eating on body, mind, and soul” statement but the “Fools still wrangle” with their mis-interpretations. On the path of spirituality one also has to give up vegetarian food too as the “pleasure in eating” also becomes a hinderence. That is why Bhagat Farid ji Says “Roti meri kaath di, Lavan meri Bhukh, Jinna khadhi chopdi, Ghanne sehenge dukh” Requirement of food is limited to that required for survival until physical death.
I am surprised to note that KDS and his associate Moderators with acclaimed doctrate education and those that claim to be Sikhs could not even pick up such a small inconsistency. Is this a Sikhism promoting Forum or Sikhism demoting forum. As moderators it is your task to ensure that the information put forward is correct and not to attempt to misguide people.

We say in our daily Ardas “ Sikhan da Mann Neevan Matt Oochi”. This type of article promoted by this Forum definitely does not conform to the above but appear to prescribe with “Sikhan da Mann Oocha Matt Neevi” and followed with the verse “Matt Patt da Rakha Aap Waheguru”. Because why take the blame onto yourself, blame it on the Creator. Is there a point in supporting this Forum where moderators are blinded with their “EGO”. I now beg to differ. The Blind are indeed walking around with a light in his/her hand proclaiming to know the path. But little do they know how much damage they are inflicting.

It very much appears that you people have taken the oath to disgrace Sikhism. Are you agents of Islam ? . Just as they are twisting each word of Quran and actually glorifying it to be the Word of Allah by tagging the facts of Science with it. You people appear to be doing just the opposite with Sikhism.

Thodi Jehi Sharam Karo. Thodi Jehi Akal Karo.

http://www.punjabilok.com/faith/sufi_bhakti/sheikh_farid.htm

Baba Farid after some time, in accordance with his mother's advice, went to forest, and lived there as an anchoret for some years on leaves of trees. On his return, when his mother began to comb his hair, Baba Farid complained that the operation caused him pain. His mother replied that he must have caused similar pain to the trees when he robbed them of fruit for food. Then he set out on another pilgrimage . This time, so as not to hurt any living thing, he tied a wooden cake to his stomach, and, it is said, subsisted on the imaginary sustenance it afforded him for this vow. Then when Baba Farid ji returned, his mother finding him that he had not lost all remnants of pride, dismissed him to do penance for a third period of some years. This time, it is said, he caused himself to be suspended by the feet in a well. He composed the following couple in reference to these circumstances.

Farid, thy body is on the stake;
thy head hath become a cage;
the crows peck at thy feet
If God come to me even now, happy shall be my lot.

This is the very Saint, Bhagat Sheikh Farid that Randip Singh Claims to be a meat eater.

Those steeped in the color of God's love abide in His care.
Those who forget His name are a burden upon earth.

O Sheikh, no one in this world can stay alive forever.
The place upon which I now sit, many have sat before and gone on their way.

The earth asks the sky, O Farid: how many boatmen have come and gone?
The body merely rots in the grave, but it is the soul that must suffer the consequences.

Says Farid, the Creator is in the creation and the creation in the Creator
Whom shall we blame when He is everywhere?

By the above verses by Sheikh Farid ji, I end this discussion.

Begum ji,

I sympathise with you for your reasons for deleting your postings but my reason is somewhat different.

Sunn Gallan Akash ki Kitta aye Rees.

Kind Regards

Aad ji,

Your avtaar when you wrote the above comments really goes well with you astrologically. You know the one with a Holly Moo.

Is it not amazing how God reflects differently through all his Creation.

I do not know what your last wish as a Moo will be under "Aant kaal jo MOO Simrey ? Perhaps you may have the answer.

I have happy to shed more light on your fate, Just give me your time of birth. It will save me time on guessing. That is if your intrested in the Begums Fireworks.

But please do not bother with the above as I can put my time to more fruitful use.

:)

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Now I am stuck in the middle.
With Randip's smooth explanation that that meat is not a taboo in Sikhism and that all who insist meat as taboo can be categorised as "Fools who wrangle over flesh" - not a very good labelling though.

On the other hand, Randip also labels ahimsa organisations as cults like Namdharis, Radha Swamis, etc.

After hearing all his explanation and after wieghing the contents of the articles which I gave links to in the thread, "Why no meat served in Gurdwara", I still decided to lay off meat. Lately I had stopped all meat with the exception of seafood and eggs. But after reading the articles (GoVeg.com), I have decided that I will go vegetarian but continue consuming milk products. This is my own choice.

Now comes Ekmusafir with the moral support in helping me confirm that my decision (whatever the reason for stopping meat) is a good one.

Akaal Sehai,

Santokh

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Sorry drkhalsa ji,

I have my blessings from My Gurus. Some due to their shortcomings think that is ego (probably ones own reflection) and others join the bandwaggon to let off their steam. It is best to let things take its natural stride. You will appreciate it better.

The world is a Madhouse where Spirituality today is big business. It is like a Blind walking around with a Light. When he bumps into another, he claims to lead you to the right path and when some one genuinely is in a position to show the other the right path the Blind due to his own shortfall cannot accept it. The only way a sane can survive in house of the insane is to pretend to be the same. So just think of me as another Blind and seek the Wisdom from your Colleagues.

Good Luck.

P.S. Perhaps you may be able to tell me a quick way of deleting my comments.

Thanks for your post

Musafir ji ,

I really cant get the reason you are annoyed and leaving the forum .

But the thing that puzzle me is that being a Sikh and also being the one with EYES among Blinds here why didint creator also gave you strenght to convince the fools about their misdeeds

Should the Enlightened Sikh( like you ) follow your example and run away from difficult situations
Did our gurus also didi the same that is run away from Blinds . I think you got the point . If you think you have eyes Then I think you should help the Blinds

About your post I dont see any reason why you want to delete them . I dont think they can earn you Bad karma as you would put it , so let them stay here as i think

But still if you want to delete them there is easy way . I will let you know if you want it but I dont think you should do this

Take Care

Jatinder Singh

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
No comments from me. Nothing new here from Ekh Musafir ji......we are treading on already treaded ground..........we have rebutted his points in the past and that is why he is so angry......

Jan 6, 2007
UK
I really cant get the reason you are annoyed and leaving the forum.
Annoyance comes from the fact that people who cannot even agree the Basic Tennents of Sikhism are making unqualified statements on the Phillosophy of Sikhism. For a while I was under the impression that there are mischief makers but now I realise that they are just the unfortunate ones devoid of the Gurus Blessing. Because their spiritual balances are running low. They are operating on the scenerio "Hum ne to doobna hai sanam, Lakin aap ko bhi saath lekar doobenge". I now feel silly being angry at them.

I leave the foum because I have to cleanse my thoughts after being here. You are heavily intoxicated with effects of Kalyug. If only you could see yourselves from where I sit, you may understand my point. What you people call Cults are by far better than the so called Sikhs. I can asure you that they stand a better chance of progressing. At least they follow one line of thought. But here ever mouth gives birth to a new phillosophy that they want everyone to follow. Hence the scenerio of the Blind.

But the thing that puzzle me is that being a Sikh and also being the one with EYES among Blinds here why didint creator also gave you strenght to convince the fools about their misdeeds

Strength is not a problem. I have the best backing and am in the best hands one can ever dream of. Unfortunately I am not allowed to interfere and at the same time you people are too weak (spiritually) to understand me also.

Should the Enlightened Sikh( like you ) follow your example and run away from difficult situations Did our gurus also didi the same that is run away from Blinds . I think you got the point . If you think you have eyes Then I think you should help the Blinds

In this period of Kalyug, negative energies are at their strongest. One looses the capacity to see truth even when it is looking at you. Truth will appear false and vice versa. Wisdom is only in giving way to the heavy handed. During the times of our Gurus even they were not able to convince everyone. Their own extended families were their enemies. I am nobody in comparison. I too was blind like you people. Besides, I am not on a mission to show people the path. I am a traveller on my jouney home.

I am not pepared to pay the price for the help you people need. I have enough on my plate as it is without carrying any excess baggage. As you will appreciate the only help I have tried to give is where people are going wrong and that has been diffficult for some to swallow. One can only point towards the right path but what you are looking for is a piggy back ride.

About your post I dont see any reason why you want to delete them . I dont think they can earn you Bad karma as you would put it , so let them stay here as i think

You viewpoint is acknowledged.

I have very little time to waste with some of your members. Those that I see are humble and have the potential to progress are the ones I will help through PM's if they wish. As I pointed out in the Jyotish thread, a vast majority of those visiting this forum are those undergoing Sadesati. Even if one tries to teach them, it will fall on deaf ears. The EGO levels of these individuals is too high. Even when they are shown a mirror they show no remorse. There is no effect of Love or Anger on them.

Kind Regards

Ekmusafir_ajnabi

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
I agree with ekmusafir. He is talking about humanity as a whole not only gurmat. Guru Nanak's matt is - na mein hindu na musalman.

I had to edit his post for few little corrections. There's a fine line between allowing and disallowing certain phrases - labels such as "you people" had to be edited.

Without fear not favor,
begum

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
I am not pepared to pay the price for the help you people need. I have enough on my plate as it is without carrying any excess baggage. As you will appreciate the only help I have tried to give is where people are going wrong and that has been diffficult for some to swallow. One can only point towards the right path but what you are looking for is a piggy back ride.

I have very little time to waste with some of your members. Those that I see are humble and have the potential to progress are the ones I will help through PM's if they wish. As I pointed out in the Jyotish thread, a vast majority of those visiting this forum are those undergoing Sadesati. Even if one tries to teach them, it will fall on deaf ears. The EGO levels of these individuals is too high. Even when they are shown a mirror they show no remorse. There is no effect of Love or Anger on them.

Thanks for your reply !

I really cant say that I understand your viewpoint ! and this you also have pointed out that we including me are too weak spirtually . So I will leave this at that

But surely I apprecaite that your intentions are very good and you feel pity about weak and offer to help some of them
at the end i also hope that God also give me the light and understanding that I am lacking till now and may bless me as well

Take care

Jatinder Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: