• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Dealing With Non-Muslims. How?

naben

SPNer
Feb 18, 2012
peace be upon you

Question puzzles me: How do I treat being a non-Muslim?
This question the source of confusion and concern for many Muslims who fear for their religion, and they want access to the words of the season, so they are aware of the offenders, the answer easy to a large extent, all the Muslim should do to return to the book of his Lord, and the Sunnah of His Prophet (and will reach it, Islam is the only religion that gave us a solution to the coexistence of Muslims with other owners of the various sects, and instructions of Islam and its guidance as follows:

- Honoring them and treat them:
Tell us Islam to be the parent in the treatment of all people, Muslims and disbelievers alike honoring them, and treat them, the Almighty said: {(8) Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly
(9) Allah only forbids you from those who fight you because of religion and expel you from your homes and aid in your expulsion - [forbids] that you make allies of them. And whoever makes allies of them, then it is those who are the wrongdoers} [Mumtahinah: 8-9].
Did not want to verses in the justice and charity to non-Muslims, but you want to land them as well.

If Islam does not end on land and premiums to the offenders of any religion if they were pagans or heathens, it looks in a special to the people of the Book, Jews and Christians, have made the Quran a model in the literature of dialogue with them, do not call to them, except the Almighty, saying: 'O People of the Book, O People of the Book, in a sign that they were originally the people of divine religion, and between them and the Muslim womb and closeness, is in the assets of the same religion sent by God - the Almighty - his prophets all the Almighty said: {(13) He has ordained for you of religion what He enjoined upon Noah and that which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad ], and what We enjoined upon Abraham and Moses and Jesus - to establish the religion and not be divided therein. Difficult for those who associate others with Allah is that to which you invite them. Allah chooses for Himself whom He wills and guides to Himself whoever turns back [to Him]} [-Shura: 13].

He died (and shield are subject to a Jew in his family's expense. Najran delegation and entered upon the Prophet (mosque after Asr prayer was, and they pray in the mosque, he wanted people to stop them, he said :) (let them )! Fastqubloa bright dismissed their prayers.

It was recommended Omar bin al-Khattab - may Allah be pleased with him - on his deathbed the Caliph after him, people of good disclosure, and who fulfill the Levy, and cost them overworked. Disclosure and meaning of the Covenant, which includes elements of insurance and protection, and this already knows and leadership in our civil rights and citizenship.

Faith of all the Apostles:
Making Islam one of the pillars of faith faith in books is a whole, and messengers all, and deny it falls within the disbelief, the Almighty said: {(136) Say, [O believers], "We have believed in Allah and what has been revealed to us and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him. "[Baqarah: 136].

And eating with them:
Islam allows eating with people of the book and eat meat slaughtered and drinking, and marry their women in the legal boundaries of permitted, the Almighty said: {(5) This day [all] good foods have been made lawful, and the food of those who were given the Scripture is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them. And [lawful in marriage are] chaste women from among the believers and chaste women from among those who were given the Scripture before you, when you have given them their due compensation, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse or taking [secret] lovers. And whoever denies the faith - his work has become worthless, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers. } [Table: 5].

- Kindness to talk with them:
Islam urged the Altervq to talk with them, and to argue in the best manner; because, in that yanked the hatchet, and the purification of souls, which attaches them from the hatred, the Almighty said: {And argue not with the people of the Book except in the best manner except those who wronged them, and tell a safe which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, God and your God, and one we have Muslims} [Spider: 46].

- Provide a safe life:
He also urged Islam to provide a safe life, and urged on honesty in dealing, justice and peace with non-Muslims, and said :) (from hurt dhimmi I am his adversary, and you are his opponent's opponent, the Day of Resurrection) [al-Khatib, and said: (from the oppression of treaties is, or detracted Indeed, cost or overworked, or taking something from him without the same good, I Hgejeh the Day of Resurrection) [Abu Dawood].

- Gifting them:
And approved Islam for a Muslim to give gifts to non-Muslims, and to accept gifts from them and rewarded them, it was proven that the Prophet (dedicated to the kings, before them, and they were not Muslim, narrated from Umm Salamah - the mother of believers - may Allah be pleased about - that the Prophet (said to her,: (I was offered to the Negus of Oaqa suit and caught) [Ahmad].
The Muslim must be dealing with non-Muslims in the range of influence it is not influenced by, all his habits and traditions, is not permissible for a Muslim to imitate the non-Muslim in contravention of the principles of Islam, such as imitate them in their clothes, or provides a drink forbidden to guests, or food is halaal for Muslims, or the like.

These are the principles of Islam, timeless and cherished values ​​that deal with rights and respect, it was easy to Ben Guest, and Qais bin Saad sat Al Quadissiah, passed by the people they funeral puppeteers, was said to them: It is one of the people of the earth - none of the people of the Book - they said: The Prophet (passed by the funeral so he was told to him: It's the funeral of a Jew, he said: (Is not the soul) [Bukhari] . Vsedk God's view ((107) And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds.)

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Sat nam, brother Naben & Auzer ji.

I see all humanity as one family. I don't think God is fickle enough to make Jews "the chosen ppl", then later decide only those who believe in Jesus go to heaven, then Muslims only and only those Muslims who some say deserve heaven vs. hell. Nor do I think God would bring Jesus to the world through Mary (who Islam teaches is one of the women equal to Fatima and Khadija) & give Muslim men permission to marry Christian and Jewish women...then decide it will keep ppl in hell.

God gives all beings a soul...how could it be only the Muslims are worthy of Paradise. The Quran, hadith and sunnah do not say this. Only if you look without clarity of heart will you believe that.

The Quran clearly states that anyone who believes in God and does good deeds will have nothing to regret in the life beyond death. Dawah makes no sense to me anyway because in Quran God told Muhammad that it is up to God to choose the path we follow. If Muhammad was not allowed to convert ppl then how can a Muslim do dawah?

And dawah works best when a person lives their dawah vs. lectures ppl on it.

I don't mind discussing Islam with someone, but when they choose to preach vs. engage in dialogue, it seems like a forum is not the right place to do that kind of dawah.

I interact with 2 Sufi communities and I know enough about Islam to decide for myself if it is right for me. Muhammad, as the seal of the prophets of the Abrahamic tradition, completes the 3 Abrahamic traditions, but the Abrahamic traditions all view Abraham (who was no Jew, Christian or Muslim, but a hanif) as their father. It is progressive revelation in this sense, but Islam doesn't cancel out Christianity or Judaism just as Christianity doesn't cancel out Judaism. Jesus was a Jew and Christians are those who practice his teachings. Quran states some of us go astray (whether Muslim, Jewish or Christian or Sikh) and some are walking the path of good deeds and deep belief in God.

Nam Jiwan

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
Whoa Whoa Whoa. I thought this was a Sikh Web-site, shouldn't the title of this be: "How to deal w/ Non-Sikhs"? That would make Way more sense....

Btw, Harry Ji, I wanna steal that Dog of yours, It's too Cute! Lol.

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
ਭੈਰਉ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
Bhairao, Fifth Mehl:

ਵਰਤ ਨ ਰਹਉ ਨ ਮਹ ਰਮਦਾਨਾ ॥
I do not keep fasts, nor do I observe the month of Ramadaan.

ਤਿਸੁ ਸੇਵੀ ਜੋ ਰਖੈ ਨਿਦਾਨਾ ॥੧॥
I serve only the One, who will protect me in the end. ||1||

ਏਕੁ ਗੁਸਾਈ ਅਲਹੁ ਮੇਰਾ ॥
The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

ਹਿੰਦੂ ਤੁਰਕ ਦੁਹਾਂ ਨੇਬੇਰਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
He administers justice to both Hindus and Muslims. ||1||Pause||

ਹਜ ਕਾਬੈ ਜਾਉ ਨ ਤੀਰਥ ਪੂਜਾ ॥
I do not make pilgrimages to Mecca, nor do I worship at Hindu sacred shrines.

ਏਕੋ ਸੇਵੀ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਦੂਜਾ ॥੨॥
I serve the One Lord, and not any other. ||2||

ਪੂਜਾ ਕਰਉ ਨ ਨਿਵਾਜ ਗੁਜਾਰਉ ॥
I do not perform Hindu worship services, nor do I offer the Muslim prayers.

ਏਕ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਲੇ ਰਿਦੈ ਨਮਸਕਾਰਉ ॥੩॥
I have taken the One Formless Lord into my heart; I humbly worship Him there. ||3||

ਨਾ ਹਮ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਨ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨ ॥
I am not a Hindu, nor am I a Muslim.

ਅਲਹ ਰਾਮ ਕੇ ਪਿੰਡੁ ਪਰਾਨ ॥੪॥
My body and breath of life belong to Allah - to Raam - the God of both. ||4||

ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਇਹੁ ਕੀਆ ਵਖਾਨਾ ॥
Says Kabeer, this is what I say:

ਗੁਰ ਪੀਰ ਮਿਲਿ ਖੁਦਿ ਖਸਮੁ ਪਛਾਨਾ ॥੫॥੩॥
meeting with the Guru, my Spiritual Teacher, I realize God, my Lord and Master. ||5||3||

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
ਭੈਰਉ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
Bhairao, Fifth Mehl:

ਵਰਤ ਨ ਰਹਉ ਨ ਮਹ ਰਮਦਾਨਾ ॥
I do not keep fasts, nor do I observe the month of Ramadaan.

ਤਿਸੁ ਸੇਵੀ ਜੋ ਰਖੈ ਨਿਦਾਨਾ ॥੧॥
I serve only the One, who will protect me in the end. ||1||

ਏਕੁ ਗੁਸਾਈ ਅਲਹੁ ਮੇਰਾ ॥
The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

ਹਿੰਦੂ ਤੁਰਕ ਦੁਹਾਂ ਨੇਬੇਰਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
He administers justice to both Hindus and Muslims. ||1||Pause||

ਹਜ ਕਾਬੈ ਜਾਉ ਨ ਤੀਰਥ ਪੂਜਾ ॥
I do not make pilgrimages to Mecca, nor do I worship at Hindu sacred shrines.

ਏਕੋ ਸੇਵੀ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਦੂਜਾ ॥੨॥
I serve the One Lord, and not any other. ||2||

ਪੂਜਾ ਕਰਉ ਨ ਨਿਵਾਜ ਗੁਜਾਰਉ ॥
I do not perform Hindu worship services, nor do I offer the Muslim prayers.

ਏਕ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਲੇ ਰਿਦੈ ਨਮਸਕਾਰਉ ॥੩॥
I have taken the One Formless Lord into my heart; I humbly worship Him there. ||3||

ਨਾ ਹਮ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਨ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨ ॥
I am not a Hindu, nor am I a Muslim.

ਅਲਹ ਰਾਮ ਕੇ ਪਿੰਡੁ ਪਰਾਨ ॥੪॥
My body and breath of life belong to Allah - to Raam - the God of both. ||4||

ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਇਹੁ ਕੀਆ ਵਖਾਨਾ ॥
Says Kabeer, this is what I say:

ਗੁਰ ਪੀਰ ਮਿਲਿ ਖੁਦਿ ਖਸਮੁ ਪਛਾਨਾ ॥੫॥੩॥
meeting with the Guru, my Spiritual Teacher, I realize God, my Lord and Master. ||5||3||

This is one of those rare shabads...Title is Bhairo mahalla Panjvaan...and the concluding line is Kaho KABIR. The entire shabad is by MH 5 Guru ji obviously SANCTIONS His complete agremeement with what Kabir Ji is saying in his hsbads to follow in Bhagat bani..around 25 pannas later..
This is a unique DUET Shabad...where Guru Ji endorses a Bhagat Jis views on the One-ness of the Creator.

Last edited:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Bhagat Kabir Jis bani in this Raag Bhairo begins around Panna 1157..about 25 pannas after this shabad.

In this Shabad Guru Ji writes..KAHO Kabir..( Kabir Ji SAID...) .meaning its addressed to Bhagat Kabir Ji or in reference to Bhagat Kabir Jis shabads with the Same Message...IN his own Shabads the word used by Bhagat Kabir Ji is KEHIH Kabir....Kabir Ji Says...
In his Shabds Kabir Ji reiterates these smae sentiments about Rozas, namazes, allah, raam, mecca hardwaar etc etc..making sure people understand that HUMANKIND IS ONE and The Creator is ONE.

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Gyani Jarnail Singh ji,

In Islam there is "la ilaha ill Allah" which means "there is no God but God", but then it gets interpreted in ways that make Islam the only right religion.

Sikhism came to remind us that we need to stop dividing ourselves in so many ways (ie- castes, religions, gender, nations, economic, race, etc.).

La ilaha ill Allah means God is God. It doesn't mean "my God is God; your God is not God." In my heart, that is the epitome of idolatry---to break God into "my God" and "your God".

Nam Jiwan

Bhagat Kabir Jis bani in this Raag Bhairo begins around Panna 1157..about 25 pannas after this shabad.

In this Shabad Guru Ji writes..KAHO Kabir..( Kabir Ji SAID...) .meaning its addressed to Bhagat Kabir Ji or in reference to Bhagat Kabir Jis shabads with the Same Message...IN his own Shabads the word used by Bhagat Kabir Ji is KEHIH Kabir....Kabir Ji Says...
In his Shabds Kabir Ji reiterates these smae sentiments about Rozas, namazes, allah, raam, mecca hardwaar etc etc..making sure people understand that HUMANKIND IS ONE and The Creator is ONE.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

Auzerji

If you read this, I would be most grateful for your comments please, as I am curious about something.

Heaven is a place described in some detail, many thanks to brother Nabenji for that.

However, when muslims do good, is it because they are good, or is it because they want to go to heaven with all its delights.

Is doing good for the sake of doing good enough, or is it 'ok' to do good for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

I seem to recall reading that the whole definition of heaven, and the vivid description of the women were for the more challenged, who needed assistance in visualising spiritual bliss, but many seem to take it quite at face value.

Surely this means there will be disappointment for some on arrival, if you could clarify, I would be grateful, thank you

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Auzer Ji,

Another example of.."How to use PUBLIC FUNDS...to sponsor Hajj for MUSLIMS ".....
These PUBLIC FUNDS are collected from Mulsims (who actually pay Income Tax separately as they are alllowed cuts for Religious purposes and so pay LESS towards actual "PUBLIC FUNDS") and NON-MUSLIMS who pay 100% tax to the Govt ONLY as they are NOT ALLOWED cuts for their own religious purposes).....so in reality Public Funds are almost 90% NON MUSLIM TAXES....

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...es-public-funds-for-imams-village-chiefs-Haj/

Isnt a Muslim ONLY allowed to use his OWN FUNDS for a Hajj ?? or cna he sponge off from public funding...

Auzer

SPNer
Feb 19, 2012
Auzerji

If you read this, I would be most grateful for your comments please, as I am curious about something.

Heaven is a place described in some detail, many thanks to brother Nabenji for that.

However, when muslims do good, is it because they are good, or is it because they want to go to heaven with all its delights.

Is doing good for the sake of doing good enough, or is it 'ok' to do good for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

I seem to recall reading that the whole definition of heaven, and the vivid description of the women were for the more challenged, who needed assistance in visualising spiritual bliss, but many seem to take it quite at face value.

Surely this means there will be disappointment for some on arrival, if you could clarify, I would be grateful, thank you

Well , first I would urge you to not take Naben's 'description of heaven' as seriously. Did you see any Muslim on this forum taking Naben's posts seriously? No , right? There is a reason for it.

Secondly , coming to your question , I think MOST of the times...People do good due to their inherent morals. Like if I see some really old poor lady...I would automatically feel bad for her and I would like to help her , if I could. Now , at that point , I won't be thinking of "Islam" and "Heaven" or "Horries" in heaven etc...I'd be doing what any human would do. I think this answers your question..Most of the times , human beings do good deeds due to their morals. Now these morals are built upon your religious values , cultural identity , and your family values etc..

But yes , many times , Muslims will do good deeds because 'Allah ordered them to do so' ... But I maintain that for overwhelming majority of the times..we do good because of who we are...i.e..human beings with personal values.

Thats my take on the issue:grinningsingh:

Auzer

SPNer
Feb 19, 2012
Auzer Ji,

Another example of.."How to use PUBLIC FUNDS...to sponsor Hajj for MUSLIMS ".....
These PUBLIC FUNDS are collected from Mulsims (who actually pay Income Tax separately as they are alllowed cuts for Religious purposes and so pay LESS towards actual "PUBLIC FUNDS") and NON-MUSLIMS who pay 100% tax to the Govt ONLY as they are NOT ALLOWED cuts for their own religious purposes).....so in reality Public Funds are almost 90% NON MUSLIM TAXES....

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...es-public-funds-for-imams-village-chiefs-Haj/

Isnt a Muslim ONLY allowed to use his OWN FUNDS for a Hajj ?? or cna he sponge off from public funding...

Well Muslims go on Hajj pilgrimage on their own expense.... Sometimes , in some countries , government just 'subsidize' the travel costs for its citizens...Because going to Hajj require air travel..which is expensive...so in some countries...government subsidize the travel costs, since SO MANY of its citizens are bound to use air-travel in a certain time period...But still..Muslims who go to Hajj have to pay handsome amount of money from their own pockets...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Well Muslims go on Hajj pilgrimage on their own expense.... Sometimes , in some countries , government just 'subsidize' the travel costs for its citizens...Because going to Hajj require air travel..which is expensive...so in some countries...government subsidize the travel costs, since SO MANY of its citizens are bound to use air-travel in a certain time period...But still..Muslims who go to Hajj have to pay handsome amount of money from their own pockets...

Malaysian Muslims save for the Hajj by putting money in a Hajj Fund managed by the Govt. The money is then "invested" by the Govt to make it "grow" but of course without "interest" as interest is banned in Islam.

For Income Tax purposes Mulsims can and do opt to pay ZAKAT - which is EXCLUSIVELY spent ONLY on MUSLIMS. Non Mulsims DONT have this OPTION..they pay all Inocme tax which goes to the Govt coffers. Thus nearly 99% of Mulsim Tax is only for Muslims..while 99% of Tax by Non Muslims is FOR EVERY ONE - schools, hopsitals, police, civil service salaries, govt expenses, etc etc etc..defence, education, public health, roads, infrastructure whatever and everything a Govt needs to spend on.

What the above article says is that further to the Hajj fund/..the Govt is taking Funds form GOVT Taxes to sponsor/subsidise..more muslims for Hajj. What we Non Muslims cant understand is..we Non Muslims also go for pilgrimages, we too build our temples and Gurdwaras, etc..BUT we go when we can afford to pay our OWN MONEY...is a Hajj valid if its "sponsored" by someone elses money esp if that someone is a non muslim taxpayer hwo wasnt even consulted on how his tax is being used..?? As a Sikh I Matha tek some money to my Gurdawra for Langgar etc..I wouldnt stand at the door asking for a "sponsor" esp a non-sikh, to give me money to matha tek. ..or expect the tax man to subsidize my Gurdwara viisits...Do Muslims have a different take on such matters...

Read the Comments given further down on that link...:grinningsingh:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM