• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sufism Daily Bowl Of Saki

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
_/|\_ Sat Nam

Hazrat Inayat Khan founded the Universal Sufi Orders in the west. They are not Islamic and take from many traditions. Its pretty awesome actually. At least in my humble opinion.

Here's what Wikipedia says about him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inayat_Khan

Anyhoo....I receive The Daily Bowl of Saki in my email daily and I thought I would post them here in the Sufi section. One reason I would like to post them is so I can learn about how Sikhi addresses the topics he addresses in the Daily Bowl of Saki.

Something interesting about Hazrat Inayat Khan is his teachings on music and sound. I wasn't really aware of it until I started exploring Sikhi. In these past couple of months, I have rediscovered the power of music. It is an amazing way to connect soul and spirit to Soul and the One Spirit that animates us all. Since vibrations and the sounds that creates are part of how creation manifests itself...I feel its almost humorous that I used to apologize to God when I chose music to pray to Her with.

I think SHe sees the humor in it now also. lol As I write this, I'm listening to Mantra Girl chant Har Har Har Har...with some rockin' grooves in the background. Not sure if its me praying or WaheGuru answering them. lol

So anyhoo...here's today's Bowl of Saki from Hazrat Inayat Khan:

If you seek the good in every soul, you will always find it, for God is in all things; still more He is in all beings.

Bowl of Saki, October 10, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Yes. Yes. Yes. I needed to contemplate on this. Would love to do it together with my cyber sangat.

I'll start. I always said one of my pet peeves was people who ooze negativity and constantly criticize. You know how they say that kind of thing usually means we hate it in ourselves. And I do. I hate hate hate that I do it, but its so automatic.

I was observing my thoughts last night and barely anything happened on tv without me judging it somehow, usually in a negative way.

Even those I deeply admire, I constantly judge. Sometimes harshly!

I'm reading a book by Rajinder Singh ji and I'm seeing that my negativity is really toxic, not just to me, but to all around me.

I also have noticed that I spend a lot of time here debating rather than finding unity in diversity. It seems to be part of this habit I've developed to be a critic and skeptical.

I'm wondering if anyone here has gone through this and overcome it. If so, how?

And are there ppl here who can relate to what I'm saying.

Blessings,
Nam Jiwan motherlylove

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM