• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Spiritual Daily Amrit Vela Blog - Difficulties, Joys, Methods Of This Practical Journey To Self Discovery

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
The Dasam Duar - Tenth Gate

Recently i have read that the Dassam Duar is the human brain. I have read, the Dassam Duar is not something that is Lost or Found.

Gurbani states:
dhasam dhuaaraaagam apaaraaparam purakh keeghaattee||
The Tenth Gate is the home of the inaccessible, infinite Supreme Lord.
Raag Raamkalee
974We leave the brain behind, it decays once our life force/soul leaves....Can the Dassam Duar - Home of the Lord be the physical brain?

Gurbani States quite clearly:
dhaeheenagareeno dharavaajaesodhasavaagupath rehaathaahae||4||
The body-village has nine gates; the Tenth Gate remains hidden. ||4|| 1031
guradhuaarailaae bhaavaneeeikanaadhasavaadhuaar dhikhaaeiaa||
Through the Gurdwara, the Guru's Gate, some are blessed with loving faith, and the Tenth Door is revealed to them. 922
Would Gurbani refer to the Dassam Duar as being Hidden, or revealed to us if it was simply just the brain?

I am a fool that knows nothing, my Ego tells me so many things that keeps me away from God/Guru. All i can do is surrender to Waheguru within that such understanding is revealed at the right time.

For now i feel / I know that so much exists within us...within our consciousness. time and Distance ceases to exist within....endless, infinite. within this small body of mine.Something Infinite existing within something that appears finite? All i can say is WAH! Wondrous!

All this time the Ego has restricted me to thinking i am this small body, the organs, the brain. The Ego has limited my awareness and understanding of who i really am...of what i really am.

The Deeper into Simran I go, the more i Realise I am so much more, that WE are so much more, that WE are more expansive than what our Ego leads us to believe.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
I have absolutely no concerns or confusion of whether it is he brain or not.
I am more than convinced that you can access or experience it only through DEVOTIONAL effort.
You could call it bhagti if you wish, but in sikhi's case it also requires HIS grace and not just our own efforts.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Yes Lucky Ji,

Devotional effort must be required...We have to be in the roght frame of mind to receive grace otherwise we continue to block it out...

In the end i also feel that even the bhagti is Grace...the wanting to, the feeling to do Simran, Seva, Nitnem ... that urge...it comes from somewhere deep within...could that be grace also?

The internet is littered with people delving into 'meditation'...many do not feel a connection with God, or have the focus of God and to clean themselves up from Lust, Ego, Anger, greed and desire.

So even when they have spiritual experiences, they take with them these vices, and continue to wander aimlessly in this world and beyond. What good is it for them?

Thank God, we have Guru to guide us so that we can remain focussed at all times and hopefully our path is direct and we wonder aimlessly no more
orangeturban.png

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Emotional Amrit Vela 20/09/2013

Such an intense Amrit Vela on Friday night...overwhelming amount of emotion felt like never before...almost bringing tears to my eyes...not of sadness, but of intense love and joy.

All is God, All is Guru...there is no 'I' ... i cannot do or achieve anything through Ego...all is Waheguru

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
sabadh vasaaeae bharam chukaaeae sadhaa saevak dhin raathee ||4||
The Word of the Shabad abides within, and doubt is ended, for those who constantly serve, day and night. ||4||

oopar gagan gagan par gorakh thaa kaa agam guroo pun vaasee ||
Above is the sky of the mind, and beyond this sky is the Lord, the Protector of the World; the Inaccessible Lord God; the Guru abides there as well.

gur bachanee baahar ghar eaeko naanak bhaeiaa oudhaasee ||5||11||
According to the Word of the Guru's Teachings, what is outside is the same as what is inside the home of the self. Nanak has become a detached renunciate.||5||11||

So many doubts and fears start to dissapear when this journey inward begins...

The fear of death starts to dissapear because we start to realise the vastness of life...the continuation of life, of our true self.

So much lies within us...in this small tiny body...how can so much exist within? sounds crazy...
is our consciousness, our true self beyond space and time? endless seems the possibilities both within and without...

So much to explore, so much to realise...yet none of it takes away the feeling of wanting to be close to god, as if everything is yet more space to get lost in lust, anger, greed, ego, desire...and something inside just wants to break free from it all and go beyond.[/B]

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
14/10/2012 - Amrit Vela Update

Been a while since i last posted on the Blog, not sure if anyone still reads it

orangeturban.png

one thing it makes you realise just how quickly time flies...the days and weeks just fly by...how precious this time is, and how grateful i am that Waheguru Ji inspires me to do Amrit Vela...

Where would i be without it?

Posted 14-Oct-2013 at 17:58 PM

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Old friends, family and past habitsThe desire to drink and do all the things i once did...slowly dissapearing...sitting amongst friends and family where i once became intoxicated on alcohol...now i sit there still amongst the conversation but the rest, almost feeling alien to it...i don't get it anymore...the purpose...

why get drunk...why put yourself through that, then nurse a hangover...

i'm just not interested anymore...what a waste...but i'm so greatefull of having experienced both sides of the coin...which is priceless...God knows why He sends us in such directions of life...even if we don;t understand at first..Waheguru Knows...

Personality changes

pa(n)ch sehaaeejan keesobhaabhalobhalon kehaavougo||I do not pay attention to anyone praising me, or calling me good and nice.
naamaakehaichith har sio raathaasu(n)n samaadhh samaaougo||4||2||Says Naam Dayv, my consciousness is imbued with the Lord; I am absorbed in the profound state of Samaadhi. ||4||2||
Praises, complimensts...a pat on the back...
for what purpose are these useful?

these things used to mean something...gave me confidence...a brief lift...a big head at times...

why did i need these? what part of me needed it...
with regular Amrit Vela, the realization that my true self is beyond what i can ever imagine...the self no longer needs compliements, praises etc etc.

i didn't even realise such a change in personality until my wife said "what is wrong with you...i'm compliementing you...lap it up..."

for the first time...there is no gap to fill with such compliments...i feel steady...

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
A Break from meditation and the onslaught of Maya

Having just returned from a holiday to Thailand, i wanted to share an experience with the Sangat...

Simran has been going very strong for the past year...with regular Amrit vela...have been feeling closer to God than ever before. Fear of death reducing more and more as the doors open to learning more about me, self, others, God etc etc.

Whilst on Holiday however, a busy scedule with day trips and adventures and i missed several days in a row of 'Me' Time.... I was so suprised at how quickly negative thought patterns re-appeared...thoughts of women, money, thoughts of going back to a bad habit of wanting an alcoholic drink whilst enjoying the sun...

It really shocked me at how quickly Maya can come to pull you back down when focus is lost on this path.

Feeling better this week with returning home and having some 'Me' time during amrit vela...mind has settled again
orangeturban.png

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Vibratory effects of 'Waheguru'

During Amrit Vela Simran...mind was very still, body tingling with sensation whilst mediating on the Shabad Waheguru...

An amazing sensation of feeling as though waheguru was vibrating deep within me...

To anyone that says do not repeat mantra Waheguru or other shabad...i say this...."if it comes from the heart, it has the power to pull you into the right direction...it will guide you to where you need to go"...

God bless

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Simran is the key.

Without simran, you won't experience waheguru himself.

I used think that only weak people like me need simran to help steady their mind, but I now realise that there is no other way. You have to get to the state where there are NO thoughts whatsoever- this is when the real experience comes.

There is no point me discussing it until you have tried it with true devout intentions.

Gurbani also automatically begins to make more sense once the gian starts to flow in along with amrit.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
i agree,
until the time comes when we are blessed with 24\7 simran, we must take some time out to shut out the senses which only look outside, and focus our energy and consciousness/attention within.

Our inner vision will open up and we are blessed with experiences, knowledge, guidance that we have blocked out with our Egos for so long!

God Bless you on your journey

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Wow, it's been a while since i last updated this Blog...
why have i been away?

lifes events were taking over again...i was finding myself sinking into worldly things...worrying...spending too much time and effort on forums discussing my opinions..

so i took time away...to just live...breathe...to start putting more energy into giving...to start giving something back to people...some new experiences...the beginning of a new start....more seva the key...

As always my Simran providing the back bone to my existence.

It's amazing just how much getting dragged back into worldy things pulls you away from waheguru within...

but thankfully i kept up my daily Simran and the focus is back
orangeturban.png
how can i doubt the existance of my waheguru when He he keeps pulling me out of these treacherous waters.

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
this is a very interesting subject, the scholars have touched. it is the way to divinity.
regarding amrit vela. amrit vela is that time when one misses his or her guru the God.
early morning amrit vela is for those who do not understand anything but do path.
reciting the name or simran is just an exercise or fear of mind to call one name as wahiguru, allah, ram or God. you can call God as dog, it will not make any difference. as it is mentioned in the case of balmeek
balmeek was a highway rober. by the way all these so called ill minded people are generally smarter than the general public. Balmeek met a guru and he was impressed by guru's teaching and then the guru gave him a word to recite (ram). he kept on reciting. finally he got so much involved in it that he forgot ram and instead he started calling it a mara and continued. as I heard that ball is considered to be a saint who even wrote the Ramayan, Next was nam dev. he was also robber. he also changed with the help of the guru. it is the guru who is the highest authority. God is the authority who created the universe. But guru is the authority with whose help God came into existence. so guru is the highest authority which is further authenticated in sggs. If someone wants to follow the path of spirituality. he or she has to have guru who knows the process. it is same as going to school or university or becoming a doctor. it is possible to become a doctor by reading the books. but it may take hundreds of years on your own. the same process applies in the spiritual world. it is the guru who can guide one to divinity in this life or a shorter time. Next; the spirituality cannot be taught. it is only learnt but with the guidance from the guru. the factors for learning form the guru are dedication, devotion and selfless love. One who follows that path progresses in the spiritual world. simply getting up and losing your sleep and reciting path has no effect. If it was true then all sikh would be saints. but it is very hard to find a real saint among Sikhs. there are farzy saint all over who do path at amrit vela and misguide the world. next subject is the mental stability. it comes by being utmost respectful to the guru and enshrining his or her picture in the mind and rehearsing the lesson the guru gave u to recite. once one follows that path, he or she is on spiritual path. rest is all like amrit vela or simrat vela

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
ਭਣ ਮਥੁਰਾ ਮੂਰਤ ਸਦਾ ਥਿਰ ਲਾਇ ਚਿਤ ਸਨਮੁਖ ਰਹੋ. ਗੁਰ ਅਰਜਣ ਕਲਜੁਗ ਜਹਾਜ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਹੁ ਸਿੱਖੋ (SGGS, Page 1408)

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
ਭਣ ਮਥੁਰਾ ਮੂਰਤ ਸਦਾ ਥਿਰ ਲਾਇ ਚਿਤ ਸਨਮੁਖ ਰਹੋ. ਗੁਰ ਅਰਜਣ ਕਲਜੁਗ ਜਹਾਜ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਹੁ ਸਿੱਖੋ

Must post the Panna/Page from SGGS Ji, Thank you

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
100%, Swarn Ji.

I can, however, appreciate that this form of early morning meditation does help some people to attune and set themselves up for the day.

And there is evidence in Gurbani, and a precedent set by our Sikh history, that early starts are recommended and at the very least singing of Gurbani.

Do you agree?

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
If someone wants to follow the path of spirituality. he or she has to have guru who knows the process. it is same as going to school or university or becoming a doctor. it is possible to become a doctor by reading the books. but it may take hundreds of years on your own. the same process applies in the spiritual world. it is the guru who can guide one to divinity in this life or a shorter time. Next; the spirituality cannot be taught. it is only learnt but with the guidance from the guru.
Pardon my ignorance. Spirituality is a private matter and requires no middle man. It is only application of what you perceive from within. Just obtaining knowledge 2x2=4 is not spirituality. It is practical living which increases your awareness, 'ਗਿਆਨ ਕਾ ਬਧਾ ਮਨੁ ਰਹੈ but without living ਗੁਰ ਬਿਨੁ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਨ ਹੋਇ ॥੫॥
Guru Nanak has summed it up beautifully in the following sabd:
ਕੁੰਭੇ ਬਧਾ ਜਲੁ ਰਹੈ ਜਲ ਬਿਨੁ ਕੁੰਭੁ ਨ ਹੋਇ ॥
Water remains confined within the pitcher, but without water, the pitcher could not have been formed;
ਗਿਆਨ ਕਾ ਬਧਾ ਮਨੁ ਰਹੈ ਗੁਰ ਬਿਨੁ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਨ ਹੋਇ ॥੫॥
just so, the mind is restrained by spiritual wisdom, but without application, there is no spiritual wisdom. ||5||
(Please note first ਗਿਆਨ has no aunkar and second ਗਿਆਨੁ is with aunkar.) SGGS 469.16

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM