• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Creator /God ਦਾਤਾ/ਰੱਬ In Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Is Masculine Or Feminine And What Is The Significa

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Re: Creator /God ਦਾਤਾ/ਰੱਬ in SGGS is Masculine or Feminine and what is the significance?

Ahahaha! Scarlet ji,
That's a good example of what is not a ਗਰੀਬ mind.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Re: Creator /God ਦਾਤਾ/ਰੱਬ in SGGS is Masculine or Feminine and what is the significance?

One can be proud of anything, even a lack of pride, a good example is what took place this morning, as I was leaving for work, my wife remarked on my matching socks, I looked down horrified, yes, I was in matching socks, it took me a full 15 mins to find a reasonably unmatching pair, yes, I suffer from pride aversion...........

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
One can be proud of anything, even a lack of pride, a good example is what took place this morning, as I was leaving for work, my wife remarked on my matching socks, I looked down horrified, yes, I was in matching socks, it took me a full 15 mins to find a reasonably unmatching pair, yes, I suffer from pride aversion...........
Harry veer ji a simple observation.

Pride can originate from doing with intent.

For example: Matching or mis-matching socks by intent is the same thing

Pride can be diminished by accepting and not being proud in acceptance.

For example: Your socks are coincidentally matched or mis-matched should make no difference and should not even be sought to be so discovered icecreammunda

Little tricky my veer ji. Anyone who loves their mom is closer to God than most who don't!

Sat Sri Akal.

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self

Veer Ji When I wake up I intend to wear matching socks but sometimes they have holes,but I don't intend for them to have holes,should I intend to wear them or should I intend to sew the holes or should I intend to not wear socks?lolPlease show me wear the pride lies.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Veer Ji When I wake up I intend to wear matching socks but sometimes they have holes,but I don't intend for them to have holes,should I intend to wear them or should I intend to sew the holes or should I intend to not wear socks?lolPlease show me wear the pride lies.
Scarlet Pimpernel veer socks will get holes, that is part of consonance :interestedmunda:. Now if these bother you recycle what you got and buy a new pair or sew the holes up so that you don't waste mental energy on such triviality and vanity. Other option is to wear as is and don't take the shoes off if it affects your vanity :singhbhangra: where this is so possible.
If holes in the socks is a big bother I think you are relatively very blessed in worldly comforts.

Sat Sri Akal. mundahug

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
I looked down horrified, yes, I was in matching socks, it took me a full 15 mins to find a reasonably unmatching pair

Veer Ji That statement does not seem rational to me ,I now see Ambarsaria Ji's point that it would have been much better to just go with what happened to happen.

Pride is not all bad,my best friend died at just 37 from a heart defect, he was a carpenter and had a great pride in his work,he used to say if you are going to put your name to something it better be good.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Pride is much a presentation of self and self beliefs. It is part of the deal in how we are approachable, welcoming, comfortable to all around us. Too much and too little may have issues, balance is the key.

Example: Sorry going to use Harry veer ji to do this example. Say Veer does not clean himself, yellow teeth, scruffy persona, dirty clothes, mis-matched socks mundahug, how such appears in terms of living with creation.

Perhaps ok with most other than our own species, humans. Living in consonance also includes communicating, facilitating communication, tearing down walls in path of relating to others in our own species and then others.

So while in Rome be like a Roman apply. Within limits it applies hence the question is not totally pride but also overall ability to relate to all that is around. It is not good enough to take the high ground and say I am who I am and it is up to others to accept me as such. There is always a point of balance.

We are going off topic and perhaps one of the Veers or Bhains can create a related thread.

Sat Sri Akal.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
If there is pride in so called "no pride" then you really haven't reached no-pride state. No-pride is neither self-deprecating, lacking in self-esteem nor is it full with pride about no-pride.

It is a neutral, alert, aware stance of seeing your true identity. Something that gradually deepens with meditation. Meditation is taking some time off and unloading all that baggage (including pride) and simply being your true self.

No-pride is being itself. No-pride is that motherly/fatherly embrace in which pride can manifest and play around. Continuously seeing and identifying with that embrace is healthy; it is meditation.

Yes it does become repetitive " waheguru waheguru..." "focus on breath going in, focus on breath going out" as a way of identifying with that embrace... but that is life.

How many times in a day do you identify with your true self?

Aug 28, 2010
If there is pride in so called "no pride" then you really haven't reached no-pride state. No-pride is neither self-deprecating, lacking in self-esteem nor is it full with pride about no-pride.

It is a neutral, alert, aware stance of seeing your true identity. Something that gradually deepens with meditation. Meditation is taking some time off and unloading all that baggage (including pride) and simply being your true self.

No-pride is being itself. No-pride is that motherly/fatherly embrace in which pride can manifest and play around. Continuously seeing and identifying with that embrace is healthy; it is meditation.

Yes it does become repetitive " waheguru waheguru..." "focus on breath going in, focus on breath going out" as a way of identifying with that embrace... but that is life.

How many times in a day do you identify with your true self?

BHAGAT SINGH Ji,
What about RAAM NAAMu/HARi NAAMu ?

Prakash.S.Bagga

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Prakash ji
Ram Naam, Hari Naam, any Naam (not just in the sense of a name) can be used to connect with that no-pride, true identity, God.

Aug 28, 2010
Prakash ji
Ram Naam, Hari Naam, any Naam (not just in the sense of a name) can be used to connect with that no-pride, true identity, God.

BHAGAT SINGH Ji,
We have developed the understanding of the word NAAM as NAME whereas in Gurbani I personally view that NAAM is not NAME.
This is becuse NAME refers to any NOUN word .and the word NAAM does not refer to any word as NOUN.
In Gurmukhi language of Gurbani the word used for any word as NOUN is the word NAA-u.
This makes the reference for NAAM quite different from NAME.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Aug 28, 2010
Prakash ji,
Here's my understanding of the concept of Naam: http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikh-...s-sikhism-embrace-mysticism-3.html#post157026

Please guide.

BHAGAT SINGH Ji,
I have gone thru your post.I personally feel you can give a more thinking to realise the difference between NAME and NAAMu in Gurbani.
I may give you a hint which you may probably find useful.
Any word for NAME is essentially a SINGULAR word.
But in Gurbani NAAMu/NAAM is always a pair of two SINGULAR words together.
for Example.
The words as NAME
SINGULAR(Gend MAscu)......RAAMu,GOBINDu,HAREE.GuRu,GuRoo and so ...

The words as NAAMu
SINGULAR(Collect Noun)....<RAAMu.RAAMu>
<GOBINDu.GOBINDu>
<GuRu.GuRu>
<GuRoo.GuRoo>
<HAREE.HAREE>
<HARi.HARi>
So you can make an observation on the pair words in Gurbani and try to understand their implication.
I think you should get to it.
Prakash.S.Bagga

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Prakash ji,
Three things:
1. Srigranth.org translated Naa-u as Naam.
2. I don't understand your hint at all. Please guide.
3. How would you translate Naam in this pauri from Jap ji?
ਇਕ ਦੂ ਜੀਭੌ ਲਖ ਹੋਹਿ ਲਖ ਹੋਵਹਿ ਲਖ ਵੀਸ ॥
इक दू जीभौ लख होहि लख होवहि लख वीस ॥
Ik ḏū jībẖou lakẖ hohi lakẖ hovėh lakẖ vīs.
If I had 100,000 tongues, and these were then multiplied twenty times more, with each tongue,

ਲਖੁ ਲਖੁ ਗੇੜਾ ਆਖੀਅਹਿ ਏਕੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਗਦੀਸ ॥
लखु लखु गेड़ा आखीअहि एकु नामु जगदीस ॥
Lakẖ lakẖ geṛā ākẖī▫ahi ek nām jagḏīs.
I would repeat, hundreds of thousands of times, the Name of the One, the Lord of the Universe.

ਏਤੁ ਰਾਹਿ ਪਤਿ ਪਵੜੀਆ ਚੜੀਐ ਹੋਇ ਇਕੀਸ ॥
एतु राहि पति पवड़ीआ चड़ीऐ होइ इकीस ॥
Ėṯ rāhi paṯ pavṛī▫ā cẖaṛī▫ai ho▫e ikīs.
Along this path to our Husband Lord, we climb the steps of the ladder, and come to merge with Him.

ਸੁਣਿ ਗਲਾ ਆਕਾਸ ਕੀ ਕੀਟਾ ਆਈ ਰੀਸ ॥
सुणि गला आकास की कीटा आई रीस ॥
Suṇ galā ākās kī kītā ā▫ī rīs.
Hearing of the etheric realms, even worms long to come back home.

ਨਾਨਕ ਨਦਰੀ ਪਾਈਐ ਕੂੜੀ ਕੂੜੈ ਠੀਸ ॥੩੨॥
नानक नदरी पाईऐ कूड़ी कूड़ै ठीस ॥३२॥
Nānak naḏrī pā▫ī▫ai kūṛī kūrhai ṯẖīs. ||32||
O Nanak, by His Grace He is obtained. False are the boastings of the false. ||32||

Aug 28, 2010
Prakash ji,
Three things:
1. Srigranth.org translated Naa-u as Naam.
2. I don't understand your hint at all. Please guide.
3. How would you translate Naam in this pauri from Jap ji?
ਇਕ ਦੂ ਜੀਭੌ ਲਖ ਹੋਹਿ ਲਖ ਹੋਵਹਿ ਲਖ ਵੀਸ ॥
इक दू जीभौ लख होहि लख होवहि लख वीस ॥
Ik ḏū jībẖou lakẖ hohi lakẖ hovėh lakẖ vīs.
If I had 100,000 tongues, and these were then multiplied twenty times more, with each tongue,

ਲਖੁ ਲਖੁ ਗੇੜਾ ਆਖੀਅਹਿ ਏਕੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਗਦੀਸ ॥
लखु लखु गेड़ा आखीअहि एकु नामु जगदीस ॥
Lakẖ lakẖ geṛā ākẖī▫ahi ek nām jagḏīs.
I would repeat, hundreds of thousands of times, the Name of the One, the Lord of the Universe.

ਏਤੁ ਰਾਹਿ ਪਤਿ ਪਵੜੀਆ ਚੜੀਐ ਹੋਇ ਇਕੀਸ ॥
एतु राहि पति पवड़ीआ चड़ीऐ होइ इकीस ॥
Ėṯ rāhi paṯ pavṛī▫ā cẖaṛī▫ai ho▫e ikīs.
Along this path to our Husband Lord, we climb the steps of the ladder, and come to merge with Him.

ਸੁਣਿ ਗਲਾ ਆਕਾਸ ਕੀ ਕੀਟਾ ਆਈ ਰੀਸ ॥
सुणि गला आकास की कीटा आई रीस ॥
Suṇ galā ākās kī kītā ā▫ī rīs.
Hearing of the etheric realms, even worms long to come back home.

ਨਾਨਕ ਨਦਰੀ ਪਾਈਐ ਕੂੜੀ ਕੂੜੈ ਠੀਸ ॥੩੨॥
नानक नदरी पाईऐ कूड़ी कूड़ै ठीस ॥३२॥
Nānak naḏrī pā▫ī▫ai kūṛī kūrhai ṯẖīs. ||32||
O Guru Nanak, by His Grace He is obtained. False are the boastings of the false. ||32||

BHAGAT SINGH Ji,
Pl dont confine to JAP Ji. You should go thruthe whole of SGGS to observe what I have hinted.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Aug 28, 2010
BHAGAT SINGH Ji,
FOR your reference pl

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਤ੍ਰਿਪਤਾਸਹਿ ਮਿਲਿ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਗੁਣ ਪਰਗਾਸਿ ॥੨॥

हरि हरि नामु मिलै त्रिपतासहि मिलि संगति गुण परगासि ॥२॥

Har har nām milai ṯaripṯāsahi mil sangaṯ guṇ pargās. ||2||

Obtaining the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, they are satisfied; joining the Sangat, the Blessed Congregation, their virtues shine forth. ||2||

ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਰਸੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਤੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਜਮ ਪਾਸਿ

जिन हरि हरि हरि रसु नामु न पाइआ ते भागहीण जम पासि ॥

Jin har har har ras nām na pā▫i▫ā ṯe bẖāghīṇ jam pās.

Those who have not obtained the Sublime Essence of the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, Har, are most unfortunate; they are led away by the Messenger of Death.

Prakash.S.Bagga

Last edited by a moderator:

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

There are gift of nature,
provided to everyone,
depending on those GIFT OWES,
available from the nature,
with the gift one OWES,
and have WILL,
will understand, the MATRIX

Understand Five senses

eyes we see, nose for smell, tongue for taste, ear to hear, skin for touch.

Blessed one have these gifts

Let see what one can see

Persons on the physical plane : Different Colours/ Shapes etc

Lets see what on colours

A person skin has yellow coloration,

On physical observation, who hay eye and training of mind on colours,
can say colour is yellow

Doctor said might be suffering from Jaundice.

With his eye sense , his perception is one step beyond,

Doctor understand's why colour is yellow, what is happening inside, what is remedy.

And sense available is "EYE" but how perception varies.

Depending what's available, and training of mind, one can perceive

Object at physical level/ Chemical Level/ Atomic Level/ Sub Atomic Level etc.

or through total devotion to "GURU's BANI"

I will not discuss of SIXTH sense, as most of us have disagreement.

Now

Essence of tongue is taste,
Essence of ear is listening

Essence of Naam, is ..........
Gun Pargas, ..........

What Essence and Gun refelcts,

Is it mystic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: