• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Can Sikhs Eat Beef?

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
Jasleen ji, thank you for the info :-D

Sikh80 ji, thanks as well!

I think i have given enough info for original poster to see both sides of the arguement.

Serab Ji,

I see the original Poster is-Singh351, and he posted it only yesterday :hmm::hmm:.

Are you and him the same? Looks like you got lost in mutiple ID situation, I see that happening many times.

Tuhada Das

"ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਪੂਰਨ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਗੋਵਿੰਦੁ ਸਿਾਣੈ ਸੋਈ ।"
paarabrahamu pooran brahamu guru govindu siaanai soee|
The fact that the transcendental Brahm is the prefect Brahm and the Guru is God, is only identified by a gurmukh, the Guru-orientated one.

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
Serab Ji,

I see the original Poster is-Singh351, and he posted it only yesterday :hmm::hmm:.

Are you and him the same? Looks like you got lost in mutiple ID situation, I see that happening many times.

Tuhada Das

The fact that the transcendental Brahm is the prefect Brahm and the Guru is God, is only identified by a gurmukh, the Guru-orientated one.
No, why would we be one in the same?

I use SPN everday, and assumed he does too.

By the way, i am 17 - not 16, and i do NOT eat beef, at all after a katha by Bhai Sukha Singh.

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
Sherab Ji,

I just saw you concluding and thanking like A THREAD STARTER- so thought it may be happening that way. I thought it is too early to coclude unless it is coming from the thread starter himself.

Thanks for clearing my doubts.

Thanks again.

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
As far as I know, Sikhs are humans, humans happen to be omnivores! So you can eat anything you want!

True. Sikhism gives each and everyone of us a conscience. If one sees eating meat bad then don't eat. If one see's meat Ok then eat. Sikhism is more concerened with obsession of the tongue which can be with meat or vegetarian food.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
You are right in my opinion Randip ji. Obsession with the tongue can also be with gossip and other evils like that. I know I am off topic here. But the idea is what is in the heart determines how we live, how we eat, and what we consider sacred.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
oh..noo..y u aftr me

ok..veerjii..i will not use slang anymore..if that makes u hapii !!

help me pls..
Well, that's a bit better! :D I was just messing with you. :p
To Jasleen Ji's comment, I would like to add that Halal is prohibited, because halal is the most inhumane way of killing the animal. :eek: Scarificial meat is prohibited because it is a pointless ritual to offer meat to the God. In a way, it's like insulting God (BTW God never gets insulted but from the human perspective). It's like someone gives you a present and next year (on their birthday perhaps), you give it back to them. :}:):

Mar 13, 2008
y u wnna knw ??
wt bwt fake meat flavoured crisps ??

lool...i stopped eating them..and i completely prohibited myself from eatiing it..finkin that no meat is allowed in sikhi..

i just want to follow the rehat maryada..init !!

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
wt bwt fake meat flavoured crisps ??

lool...i stopped eating them..and i completely prohibited myself from eatiing it..finkin that no meat is allowed in sikhi..

i just want to follow the rehat maryada..init !!
:{-:) What's that? Meat is allowed to, I think, you could eat them. Enjoy! :{;o:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM