Literature Bhai Gurdas Ji Vaar 1 Pauri 2

Discussion in 'Vaaran - Bhai Gurdas' started by Jasraj, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Jasraj

Jasraj SPNer

does anyone know anything about what the 25 qualities mentioned in this pangti are:

ਪੰਚ ਤਤ ਪੰਚੀਸ ਗੁਨਿ ਸਤ੍ਰ ਮਿਤ੍ਰ ਮਿਲਿ ਦੇਹਿ ਬਣਾਈ।

Panch Tat Pancheesi Guni Satr Mitr Mili Dayhi Banaaee |

To create the human body, five elements and twenty five qualities opposite to each other were joined and mixed.

I have received the following response from another forum but if anyone could add then it would be very helpful:

"
    5 tatts ( elements): mitti pani agg hawaa akash

10 gyaan indre( knowledge organs): 2 eyes, 2 ears, 2 nose holes, skin, tongue, 2 private organs

7 karam indre ( working organs): 2 hands, 2 feet, head

this total comes to 19, but sant ishar singh rara sahib ji used to count 25 ( i dont remember all)

they used to sat that when we die, we go to parlok with 17 elements body and other 5 elements we leave here "

2. Loading...

3. Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh Mentor Writer SPNer

Firstly, it is not Gurmat Vichaar because Bhai Gurdas’ vaaran didn’t pass the high benchmark that our visionary Gurus had set forth. Therefore it is not Gurbani nor Gurmat but very interesting poetry.

The case in point is the vaar that you need the explanation for. Although Bhai Gurdas’ vaaran also talk about Sikhi and our Gurus, most are laden with Hindutva.

The above is taken out from Hindu mythology and for that, I am requesting our official Gyani ji @Gyani Jarnail Singh to clarify this for all of us.
    Thanks for the interesting post.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  4. Harry Haller

Harry Haller

Panga Master

SPNer

you left out the five thieves!

5. Jasraj

Jasraj SPNer

i don't know how to change the gurmat vichar bit but i'll be careful not to put it in this section next time. thank you for your effort ji

6. A_seeker

A_seeker Writer SPNer

Above Vaar is regarding JAAGAT UTAPI(Creation) .I feel there are enough Scientific theory and evidence of our human body creation .
    Regarding Five element (Panj Tatt) is a mythical term and it is generally accepted as Air ,Water,Fire,Earth ,Ether) but scientifically these are not elements.Our body is nothing but chemistry.
    According to Science Human body contains trillions of atoms of many different element .Major element are (refer figure)
    1st :Carbon
    2nd: Hydrogen
    3rd: Oxygen
    4th:Nitrogen
    5th: Phosphorous
    although a larger number of many atoms of other elements are required.
    Whenever SGGS mentions about Five elements these are the main five elements.

Bhul Chuk Maff

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  7. Jasraj

Jasraj SPNer

i'm not so sure about that view because looking at the whole pauri, Bhai Gurdas listed the 5 elements as air, water, fire, earth and sky/void. by element, i don't think it means a chemical element, but the components. it could be the 5 elements are within all the chemical elements or atoms? that issue isn't really my concern though ji do you have any ideas about the 25 qualities? thank you for your input ji!

8. A_seeker

A_seeker Writer SPNer

These 25 qualities are mentioned in Bhagavad Gita .

Fearlessness, purity of heart, perseverance in acquiring wisdom and in practicing yoga, charity, subjugation of the senses, performance of holy rites, study of the scriptures, self-discipline, straightforwardness; Noninjury, truthfulness, freedom from wrath, renunciation, peacefulness, nonslanderousness, compassion for all creatures, absence of greed, gentleness, modesty, lack of restlessness; Radiance of character, forgiveness, patience, cleanness, freedom from hate, absence of conceit—these qualities are the wealth of a divinely inclined person, O Descendant of Bharata. — The Bhagavad Gita XVI:1-3

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  9. A_seeker

A_seeker Writer SPNer

Its from Bhagavad Gita .
    Fearlessness, purity of heart, perseverance in acquiring wisdom and in practicing yoga, charity, subjugation of the senses, performance of holy rites, study of the scriptures, self-discipline, straightforwardness; Noninjury, truthfulness, freedom from wrath, renunciation, peacefulness, nonslanderousness, compassion for all creatures, absence of greed, gentleness, modesty, lack of restlessness; Radiance of character, forgiveness, patience, cleanness, freedom from hate, absence of conceit—these qualities are the wealth of a divinely inclined person, O Descendant of Bharata. — The Bhagavad Gita XVI:1-3

10. A_seeker

A_seeker Writer SPNer

Above mentioned are not the qualities as bhai Gurdas is referring!!

11. Jasraj

Jasraj SPNer

yeah i realised because i received another comment similar to that one and they called them tatvas but the pangti refers to Pancheesi Guni.

12. A_seeker

A_seeker Writer SPNer

That seems interesting .Can you share your opinion on it .
    Because i also have similar doubts like Varan 1 Pauri 36 .where guru nanak performs miracles
    Their seems to be corruption done in his varaan