• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Literature Bhai Gurdas Ji Vaar 1 Pauri 2

Jasraj

SPNer
Nov 8, 2017
does anyone know anything about what the 25 qualities mentioned in this pangti are:

ਪੰਚ ਤਤ ਪੰਚੀਸ ਗੁਨਿ ਸਤ੍ਰ ਮਿਤ੍ਰ ਮਿਲਿ ਦੇਹਿ ਬਣਾਈ।

Panch Tat Pancheesi Guni Satr Mitr Mili Dayhi Banaaee |

To create the human body, five elements and twenty five qualities opposite to each other were joined and mixed.

I have received the following response from another forum but if anyone could add then it would be very helpful:

"
5 tatts ( elements): mitti pani agg hawaa akash

10 gyaan indre( knowledge organs): 2 eyes, 2 ears, 2 nose holes, skin, tongue, 2 private organs

7 karam indre ( working organs): 2 hands, 2 feet, head

this total comes to 19, but sant ishar singh rara sahib ji used to count 25 ( i dont remember all)

they used to sat that when we die, we go to parlok with 17 elements body and other 5 elements we leave here "

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
does anyone know anything about what the 25 qualities mentioned in this pangti are:

To create the human body, five elements and twenty five qualities opposite to each other were joined and mixed.

I have received the following response from another forum but if anyone could add then it would be very helpful:

10 gyaan indre( knowledge organs): 2 eyes, 2 ears, 2 nose holes, skin, tongue, 2 private organs

this total comes to 19, but sant ishar singh rara sahib ji used to count 25 ( i dont remember all)

they used to sat that when we die, we go to parlok with 17 elements body and other 5 elements we leave here "

Firstly, it is not Gurmat Vichaar because Bhai Gurdas’ vaaran didn’t pass the high benchmark that our visionary Gurus had set forth. Therefore it is not Gurbani nor Gurmat but very interesting poetry.

The case in point is the vaar that you need the explanation for. Although Bhai Gurdas’ vaaran also talk about Sikhi and our Gurus, most are laden with Hindutva.

The above is taken out from Hindu mythology and for that, I am requesting our official Gyani ji @Gyani Jarnail Singh to clarify this for all of us.
Thanks for the interesting post.

Last edited:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

"

you left out the five thieves!

Jasraj

SPNer
Nov 8, 2017
Firstly, it is not Gurmat Vichaar because Bhai Gurdas’ vaaran didn’t pass the high benchmark that our visionary Gurus had set forth. Therefore it is not Gurbani nor Gurmat but very interesting poetry.

The case in point is the vaar that you need the explanation for. Although Bhai Gurdas’ vaaran also talk about Sikhi and our Gurus, most are laden with Hindutva.

The above is taken out from Hindu mythology and for that, I am requesting our official Gyani ji @Gyani Jarnail Singh to clarify this for all of us.
Thanks for the interesting post.

i don't know how to change the gurmat vichar bit but i'll be careful not to put it in this section next time. thank you for your effort ji

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
Above Vaar is regarding JAAGAT UTAPI(Creation) .I feel there are enough Scientific theory and evidence of our human body creation .
Regarding Five element (Panj Tatt) is a mythical term and it is generally accepted as Air ,Water,Fire,Earth ,Ether) but scientifically these are not elements.Our body is nothing but chemistry.
According to Science Human body contains trillions of atoms of many different element .Major element are (refer figure)
1st :Carbon
2nd: Hydrogen
3rd: Oxygen
4th:Nitrogen
5th: Phosphorous
although a larger number of many atoms of other elements are required.
Whenever SGGS mentions about Five elements these are the main five elements.

Bhul Chuk Maff

Attachments

• ssss.jpg
    ssss.jpg
    62.5 KB · Reads: 2
Last edited:

Jasraj

SPNer
Nov 8, 2017
Above Vaar is regarding JAAGAT UTAPI(Creation) .I feel there are enough Scientific theory and evidence of our human body creation .
Regarding Five element (Panj Tatt) is a mythical term and it is generally accepted as Air ,Water,Fire,Earth ,Ether) but scientifically these are not elements.Our body is nothing but chemistry.
According to Science Human body contains trillions of atoms of many different element .Major element are (refer figure)
1st :Carbon
2nd: Hydrogen
3rd: Oxygen
4th:Nitrogen
5th: Phosphorous
although a larger number of many atoms of other elements are required.
Whenever SGGS mentions about Five elements these are the main five elements.

Bhul Chuk Maff

i'm not so sure about that view because looking at the whole pauri, Bhai Gurdas listed the 5 elements as air, water, fire, earth and sky/void. by element, i don't think it means a chemical element, but the components. it could be the 5 elements are within all the chemical elements or atoms? that issue isn't really my concern though ji do you have any ideas about the 25 qualities? thank you for your input ji!

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
that issue isn't really my concern though ji do you have any ideas about the 25 qualities? thank you for your input ji!
These 25 qualities are mentioned in Bhagavad Gita .

Fearlessness, purity of heart, perseverance in acquiring wisdom and in practicing yoga, charity, subjugation of the senses, performance of holy rites, study of the scriptures, self-discipline, straightforwardness; Noninjury, truthfulness, freedom from wrath, renunciation, peacefulness, nonslanderousness, compassion for all creatures, absence of greed, gentleness, modesty, lack of restlessness; Radiance of character, forgiveness, patience, cleanness, freedom from hate, absence of conceit—these qualities are the wealth of a divinely inclined person, O Descendant of Bharata. — The Bhagavad Gita XVI:1-3

Last edited:

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
The above is taken out from Hindu mythology and for that,
Its from Bhagavad Gita .
Fearlessness, purity of heart, perseverance in acquiring wisdom and in practicing yoga, charity, subjugation of the senses, performance of holy rites, study of the scriptures, self-discipline, straightforwardness; Noninjury, truthfulness, freedom from wrath, renunciation, peacefulness, nonslanderousness, compassion for all creatures, absence of greed, gentleness, modesty, lack of restlessness; Radiance of character, forgiveness, patience, cleanness, freedom from hate, absence of conceit—these qualities are the wealth of a divinely inclined person, O Descendant of Bharata. — The Bhagavad Gita XVI:1-3

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018

Above mentioned are not the qualities as bhai Gurdas is referring!!

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
That seems interesting .Can you share your opinion on it .
Because i also have similar doubts like Varan 1 Pauri 36 .where guru nanak performs miracles
Their seems to be corruption done in his varaan

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM