Baingan Bharta: Eggplant & Other Sabzi Recipes From Manjula's Kitchen | SIKH PHILOSOPHY NETWORK
  • Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Baingan Bharta: Eggplant & Other Sabzi Recipes From Manjula's Kitchen

Ishna

Enthusiast
Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
I'm on the hunt for a good sabji recipe I can make to go with my other dishes. At Gurdwara we often have one that has lots of veggies in it and it's quite spicy but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for on the bew - I suspect I'm not using the right search words. The ones I like seem to have peas and cabbage in them, and eggplant? I'm not sure, but the time it gets onto my plate some things are tricky to recognise haha

Meantime I think this one from Manjula sounds de-lish!

Baingan Bharta (eggplant)

http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2009/10/09/baingan-bharta-eggplant/

Baingan Bharta (Eggplant Curry) Recipe by Manjula - YouTube

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Ishna

Enthusiast
Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Okay, here's my attempt of Baingan Bharta! I took the picture under my rangehood light so all the colours are washed out but IRL it's much redder. However, it's also more watery-looking than Manjula's so next time I'll cook off the tomatos a bit more. I needed a bigger eggplant! But it still tasted awesome, and I didn't get hing all over my kitchen this time! :D

What I learned: When cooking an eggplant in the microwave, poke some holes in the skin first or else you'll poop yourself when it goes BANG! LOL

http://postimg.org/image/72g51740j/

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
It looks BEAUTIFUL... as good as any on Google images. I plan to change the pic in the spotlight to use that one!

What a great night for warm and lovely events here! What a forum should be! Like a conversation that brings a diary of our days together... thanks to you!

p/s Too , you know, you have to pierce the eggplant if you use a regular oven too! That helps drain the moisture.

Pic has been changed to the dish prepared by Ishna ji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Shabad Vichaar by SPN'ers

This Shabd is found on page 874 of the SGGS ji.

First, the CONTEXT.

The systematic corruption of spirituality by the clergy is a phenomenon that cuts across all major spiritual thought...

SPN on Facebook