• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Bahai?

Mar 26, 2006
The Bahá'í Faith
The Bahá'í Faith is the youngest of the world's independent religions. Its founder, Bahá'u'lláh (1817-1892), is regarded by Bahá'ís as the most recent in the line of Messengers of God that stretches back beyond recorded time and that includes Abraham, Moses, Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster, Christ and Muhammad.

The teachings : Bahá'u'lláh: His Teachings

Well to just bring it to your attention ..we lost our brother Star darcy ..a canadian sikh to the bahai faith ..they have a good missionary zeal...he got converted ..

this guy use to be a keshdhaari ..but since he dint understand much what was said at the local Gurudwara there ..since he dint understand Punjabi..there was a communication gap..and he decided to get converted to Bahai.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
The Bahá'í Faith
The Bahá'í Faith is the youngest of the world's independent religions. Its founder, Bahá'u'lláh (1817-1892), is regarded by Bahá'ís as the most recent in the line of Messengers of God that stretches back beyond recorded time and that includes Abraham, Moses, Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster, Christ and Muhammad.

The teachings : Bahá'u'lláh: His Teachings

Well to just bring it to your attention ..we lost our brother Star darcy ..a canadian sikh to the bahai faith ..they have a good missionary zeal...he got converted ..

this guy use to be a keshdhaari ..but since he dint understand much what was said at the local Gurudwara there ..since he dint understand Punjabi..there was a communication gap..and he decided to get converted to Bahai.
Never heard of him.

Mar 26, 2006
check for the thread " are we losing our identity ..this is some months ago...lat year ..or search for 'StarChild' ..that was his nick ...He is gone ..

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Sikhism can be a bit er...Panjabicentric. I don't think this will continue for long outside of India though. Actually it is already being challenged by non Panjabis becoming Sikhs. As for Gurdwara programs. I just don't get why they are not adapting quicker in the west. You would have thought it would be plainly obvious that we need at least bilingual services.

I rememeber Lionchild. We used to debate. It was a shame to see him go.

Going back to the original post:

I had a teacher who was Bahai when I was 12/13. He was really cool. Really off the wall. He spoke about his experiences taking LSD. He also had a friend of his come in who was a complete streetfighting nutter with massive scars and false front teeth. Needless to say the class was impressed! lol

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Hey, Bhagat Singh, good artwork. Are you into it full time ?

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
check for the thread " are we losing our identity ..this is some months ago...lat year ..or search for 'StarChild' ..that was his nick ...He is gone ..

My own personal feelings is that Star Darcy got hounded out by the "Vaishnavite Sikh" element.

• He is a Native American so never spoke Punjabi as a first languge but people made a big deal about learning Punjabi and Sikhi. Sikhi is written in Gurmukhi (not Punjabi)
  • As a native American their diet consists of hunter stuff, meat, fish etc. Some people kept hounding him about this.
  • People made an issue about the fact he was not Punjabi and didnt fit in the caste system. he had even changed his surname to Bains. That was made an issue.
There were many other issues I feel, and we lost a very intelligent young Sikh thanks to Punjabi narrowmindedness.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
My own personal feelings is that Star Darcy got hounded out by the "Vaishnavite Sikh" element.

• He is a Native American so never spoke Punjabi as a first languge but people made a big deal about learning Punjabi and Sikhi. Sikhi is written in Gurmukhi (not Punjabi)
  • As a native American their diet consists of hunter stuff, meat, fish etc. Some people kept hounding him about this.
  • People made an issue about the fact he was not Punjabi and didnt fit in the caste system. he had even changed his surname to Bains. That was made an issue.
There were many other issues I feel, and we lost a very intelligent young Sikh thanks to Punjabi narrowmindedness.

So there have been a lot of changes on the SPN landscape -- many younger and open-minded, progressive younger people. Mellow, thoughtful, open-minded older people. And many having a broad-based understanding of Sikhi.

Why not hold out a hand and say -- come back from time to time. He is easy to locate on the net.:}{}{}:

Mar 26, 2006
Randip singhji ..thank you for that info ..i dint know this detail...and u r right thanks to the punjabi narrow mindedness..well..here in indore there r lots of local Malwa sikhs ..now these too r a target of bias at times ..they r taken for granted ..oh these r local converts ..instead of respecting their devotion ..they r taken for granted ..they study the Bani ..and follow sikhi with the same zeal..

Same was in the case of Huzoori singhs ..in Nanded ..can u imagine in Mahrashtra itself its unknown that they r locals ..and the punjabi group has just made it like ..u r sikh .u should be of punjabi origin ..BY DEFAULT ..

All that our punjabis know is whisky and balle balle...in Mumbai ..its like ..u r a sardar ..u should be gutting down Patiala pegs and tearing into tandoori chicken ..and all that 'Oye Oye' ..

Man...how do u expect others to react if u show just that no good pomp and show of khokli punjabiyat..

I always feel to align to the Sanatan Huzoori sikhi..since i have been brought up in Maharashtra.. would share more in common wit h them...rather than that punjabi show business

Jun 1, 2008
the bahai cosmology is some what similar to islamic cosmology almost similar the early bahai history is very ****** nothing as compared to sikhism but yes lots of blood around. but it seems that prophet of every major religion is accepted with the intention of spreading it all over world providing it a common base.religions can never be compared specialy a religion like sikhism which is infact simple spiritualism nd not a political movement like bahaism:unsure:

Jun 1, 2008
Dear brother bhagat singh,
It all depends on ur understanding of the term politics.
sikhism started as an organistaion which aimed at spiritual living nd also at the removal of social evils like caste system nd other futile rituals nd above all with the main aim of removing hatred from society . on the other hand a look at early bahai history shows that bahaism started as a political organistaion which aimed at the political freedom of either those who didnt liked islam or were non-muslims nd bahaism was a movement against islamic oppression which have developed ever since the muslim invaders converted persians who were at that time zoroastrians to islam .

The miri piri concept came to sikhism at the time of guru nanak the 6th and not in the early sikh history .but even this cannot be called as transformation of sikhism into a political organisation.

a closer look at the bahai cosmology nd some of its ideology shows its similarity to islamic cosmology other wise i would hav called bahaism as neo-zoroastrianism.

hope i answered u . :yes::rolleyes:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM