• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Bahai?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
So there have been a lot of changes on the SPN landscape -- many younger and open-minded, progressive younger people. Mellow, thoughtful, open-minded older people. And many having a broad-based understanding of Sikhi.

Why not hold out a hand and say -- come back from time to time. He is easy to locate on the net.:}{}{}:

Aaad0002 Ji,

I SECOND the thought and gesture.....Guru nanak Jis Sikhi/Gurmatt is never as "rigid" and "compartalised" as some claim...True Gurmatt is very accomodating and welcoming to everyone....Sabhe SANJHIWAAL...Sarbatt da Bhalla...Eks ke Hum Barak.....Kudrat ke sabh bandeh....na ko beri nahin begannah...WE LOVE ALL and are ONE. I dont think any of our GURUS ever drove anyone away for any reason whatsoever..why do we DO THAT ?? are we better than the GURU ??..maybe we "think" we know more than the GURU ???

Warm Regards to all

Gyani JS

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Veerj i

I think your middle name is Chardi Kala...Maybe once long ago...Why do you always lift the spirits of one when she is about to walk out on optimism?

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
So there have been a lot of changes on the SPN landscape -- many younger and open-minded, progressive younger people. Mellow, thoughtful, open-minded older people. And many having a broad-based understanding of Sikhi.

Why not hold out a hand and say -- come back from time to time. He is easy to locate on the net.:}{}{}:

Hi Panji,

I don't think it was this site. I think Aman ji has adopted a very broadminded approach with this site, which epitemises the values of Sikhi.

I this it was sites like sikhsangat and a few others which are affiliated to Sant Mat groups such as GNSSJ, AKJ etc. I remeber a few posts on those sites which really laid into Darcy. I must admit I have stopped posting at those sites too, but havent abandoned my faith :) .......but I can see how it might be intimidating for a new Sikh.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Dear brother bhagat singh,
It all depends on ur understanding of the term politics.

politics:

• [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]
  • social relations involving intrigue to gain authority or power[/SIZE][/SIZE]

The miri piri concept came to sikhism at the time of guru nanak the 6th and not in the early sikh history .but even this cannot be called as transformation of sikhism into a political organisation.
The miri piri concept was present in Sikhism during the time of Guru Nanak.

Here's a good article on the Miri Piri concept.
Miri-Piri Concept

Jun 1, 2008
BROTHER BHAGAT SINGH JI,
To me it seems that either u dont want to understand what im trying to say or ur in a mood to debate. i request u to reconsider my last post.

thanks for ur link it was nice. i agree to the point that what so ever thoughts we follow came from guru nanak the 1st . but at the same time guru nanak never used sword or faught against religious oppression (which was not present at that time) he did wrote abt it in his teachings.
what im trying to say here is that sikhism went against oppresion many yrs after its formation according to the need whereas bahaism started as a movement against oppression nd was accepted by ppl all bcz of this very point.:yes::rolleyes:

;):)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Hi Panji,

I don't think it was this site. I think Aman ji has adopted a very broadminded approach with this site, which epitemises the values of Sikhi.

I this it was sites like sikhsangat and a few others which are affiliated to Sant Mat groups such as GNSSJ, AKJ etc. I remeber a few posts on those sites which really laid into Darcy. I must admit I have stopped posting at those sites too, but havent abandoned my faith :) .......but I can see how it might be intimidating for a new Sikh.

I think you are right about the above. I cannot remember anyone with a Vashnaivist leaning (see your earlier post) bashing Darcy on SPN now that you mention it. But I do know that he was very down about the kinds of comments he received to many of his posts here on SPN. When Darcy announced he had converted to Bahai there was flack. So he took his leave.

BTW - I always learn something new when you post about anything. Had no idea that some "sikh" sites are affiliated to Sant Mat and related groups like GNNS and AKJ. I will pay better attention.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
BROTHER BHAGAT SINGH JI,
To me it seems that either u dont want to understand what im trying to say or ur in a mood to debate. i request u to reconsider my last post.
Ok just looked over it. Typed in Bahai is a political organization and found:
The Bahá?í Question - Chapter IV - How Iran has justified the persecution

"Bahá’í principles also require the avoidance of any form of involvement in partisan politics."

BTW i am not in the mood to debate.:wah: Sorry, I sounded as if I needed to be answered or that I didn't understand you.

thanks for ur link it was nice.
glad you like it!
i agree to the point that what so ever thoughts we follow came from guru nanak the 1st .
good

but at the same time guru nanak never used sword or faught against religious oppression (which was not present at that time) he did wrote abt it in his teachings.
You serious??
My friend, he may not have raised a sword but he raised his voice against the mughals and brahmins for oppressing and being unjust to kaffirs and untouchables.

what im trying to say here is that sikhism went against oppresion many yrs after its formation according to the need
Wrong! Sikhism has always been against oppression of any form, and fought back with a variety of "weapons".

whereas bahaism started as a movement against oppression nd was accepted by ppl all bcz of this very point.:yes::rolleyes:
Again, read this:
The Bahá?í Question - Chapter IV - How Iran has justified the persecution

Again, I don't want to debate.:wah:
If your in the mood then go ahead and start a thread on this and have fun!:thumbup:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Bhagat Kabir Ji declared..Je ko PREM khlaan ka chao..SIR dhar Gali meri aao.... Come to my street with head on palm...
Guru Nanak Ji....faced Babar...the Mughal Destroyer of India..and Called him Paap ki Janj leh kabloon dhaiyah zoree manggeh daan we Lalo........Guru Nanak ji faced the might of the Brahmins, the Mullahs, the Kazis, the RULERS, the JUDGES..the Religious AUTHORITIES...not mincing words..going to PRISON and doing HARD LABOUR.

IS a "sword" still necessary to prove anything ?? ISNT Guru Nanak Jis conduct the conduct of a FEARLESS WARRIOR ??? Do we still need to see a khanda in his hand ??

GURU NANAK JI SAHIB is EXACTLY the same as GURU GOBIND SINGH JI..and the EIGHT GURUS in between..all FEARLESS WARRIORS....whether it is Guru Ramdass Ji building Harmandir Sahib..or Guru Arjen Ji compilign the SGGS and sitting on the Hot Plate..or Guru Hargobind Ji DEFEATING the Mughal armies of Shaha Jehan.

Its OUR FAILING/INADEQUACIES...exposed when we see one GURU as "peaceful..saadhu..saint type..and anopther as Militant..soldier..type.... ALL our GURUS..including the SGGS is COMPLETE, SAINT SOLDIER, MIRI-PIRI...the Very SAME from Guru nanak ji to SGGS....saying the Same things..doing the same things..behaving the same way.....in ONE beautiful motion....called GURMATT....1469-1708.....

GyanI Jarnail Singh:happy:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
::cool::bhagat singh ji i cannot debate u ur a real sikh intellectual :yes::rolleyes:

:eek:hope il learn some thing from u :p

sorry if i hurt u::cool:::rolleyes:

:yes::D
No worries, my friend!:wah:
Your comment eventaully led me to learn something new about this faith.

So coming to what you said earlier, it is Sikhism which combines politics and spirituality.
Bahai leaves politics out the faith.

I guess that would be another difference that Project Naad can add to their pamphlet.

icon

SPNer
Mar 5, 2008
They have an agenda of unity of language n religions n one god,including all religions to their faith! peaceful ppl are on the edge in iran where its originated !islamic merely giving them bare rights of education n livelihood!All ppl are good basically but they have agenda and khalsa emblem on their website thats not favourable for the independent existence of sikhs!we have no probs with saints !all saints are open to all religions so it does'nt matter much!its the matter to be firm in ones own faith!we all know dead messengers can't pave the way for future and disciples spirtually! we hale the guidance of Alive True word Guru Shri Guru granth sahib ji who is succeeded after 10 alive Gurus in past!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM