• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Anand Sahib 5

seekingsikhi

Writer
SPNer
Sep 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Sangat Ji
To practice my Gurmukhi I have been turning to random pages in a copy of the nitnem, covering the romanization, and just trying to get the sounds. I still know almost no Punjabi, so I'm really just practicing saying it more than speaking it. I dont always read the translation but I did today, and it had an interesting line. My translation of the fifth section of anand sahib says:

In that happy and fortunate house the five forms of Heavenly music are played.

Forgive my ignorance, sangat ji. What are these five forms? Are they known? Is it literal or are we talking about love and laughter and such?

WJKKWJKF

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Sangat Ji
To practice my Gurmukhi I have been turning to random pages in a copy of the nitnem, covering the romanization, and just trying to get the sounds. I still know almost no Punjabi, so I'm really just practicing saying it more than speaking it. I dont always read the translation but I did today, and it had an interesting line. My translation of the fifth section of anand sahib says:

In that happy and fortunate house the five forms of Heavenly music are played.

Forgive my ignorance, sangat ji. What are these five forms? Are they known? Is it literal or are we talking about love and laughter and such?

WJKKWJKF

Guru Fateh SeekingSikhi ji,

Would you be kind enough to post the url where you got the translation from and also the whole stanza so we can learn together?
Thanks

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Dear Seeker

Anand Sahib is an interesting discovery for you. The name in itself is mystical, meaning, "state of bliss". This'd be your metaphysical joy [unstruck sound current].

From an ideological standpoint, sizeable population is condemned [human condition] to pursue sensual pleasures, then there are those who seek mental n physical comforts such as happiness; very few make to the bliss state of being where the resounding n vibrating sound of the "panch shabad" [5 sounds] is "experienced". SGGSJ confirms the same on the following pages: 917, 974, 985, 888, 765, 764 and of course, Bhagat Kabir Ji on page 1350.
Forgive my ignorance, sangat ji.
..we're all students, meaning, Sikh. We're here to be enlightened by "SHABD GURU".
What are these five forms?
..metaphysical tunes
Are they known?
..no ! they are occasioned by the grace of god. In other words, its an "experience" and not knowledge.
Is it literal or are we talking about love and laughter and such?
..because the experience is metaphysical, metaphors are appropriated by the 3rd master to express "anand" [divine melody].

Good night !

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM