Anand Sahib 5

Discussion in 'Anand Banee' started by seekingsikhi, Jan 22, 2018.

1. seekingsikhi

seekingsikhi Writer SPNer

Sangat Ji
    To practice my Gurmukhi I have been turning to random pages in a copy of the nitnem, covering the romanization, and just trying to get the sounds. I still know almost no Punjabi, so I'm really just practicing saying it more than speaking it. I dont always read the translation but I did today, and it had an interesting line. My translation of the fifth section of anand sahib says:

In that happy and fortunate house the five forms of Heavenly music are played.

Forgive my ignorance, sangat ji. What are these five forms? Are they known? Is it literal or are we talking about love and laughter and such?

WJKKWJKF

• Like Like x 1
  2. Loading...

3. Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh Mentor Writer SPNer

Guru Fateh SeekingSikhi ji,

Would you be kind enough to post the url where you got the translation from and also the whole stanza so we can learn together?
    Thanks

4. seekingsikhi

seekingsikhi Writer SPNer

• Like Like x 1
  5. Original

Original Writer SPNer

Dear Seeker

Anand Sahib is an interesting discovery for you. The name in itself is mystical, meaning, "state of bliss". This'd be your metaphysical joy [unstruck sound current].

From an ideological standpoint, sizeable population is condemned [human condition] to pursue sensual pleasures, then there are those who seek mental n physical comforts such as happiness; very few make to the bliss state of being where the resounding n vibrating sound of the "panch shabad" [5 sounds] is "experienced". SGGSJ confirms the same on the following pages: 917, 974, 985, 888, 765, 764 and of course, Bhagat Kabir Ji on page 1350.
    ..we're all students, meaning, Sikh. We're here to be enlightened by "SHABD GURU".
    ..metaphysical tunes
    ..no ! they are occasioned by the grace of god. In other words, its an "experience" and not knowledge.
    ..because the experience is metaphysical, metaphors are appropriated by the 3rd master to express "anand" [divine melody].

Good night !

6. Kanwaljit.Singh

Kanwaljit.Singh Writer SPNer

Our Baani playfully plays with the numbers. The only number that matters is the One. When you achieve the Singularity of Spirituality you will not be concerned with rest of the series :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Loved It! Loved It! x 1