• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

After Realization No Personal Identity Left Anymore

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
Before Realization of the TRUTH all say: 'THIS IS BUT A BODY AFTERALL'. Doesn't matter what one reads, what one writes, what one thinks- sense of 'I am body' stays, untill actual realization happens. So they think of others the same as well, without knowing their state of mind. They cant know the state of a Saintly Soul.

After Realization of the Truth, no duality is left of any sense. Gurbani clearly states this truth over and over again. After knowing(experiencibg) the Truth, I dies completely.

Today I am remembering words of Sant Singh Ji Maskeen: "If a person says 'he is a Sikh' and he also says that 'Guru is NOT God', take my word for it: he is not a Sikh, he is faking. Any body who bows his head infront of Guru Granth Sahib ji has to believe every word of Guru Ji, not just what suits his self-developed concepts."

:wah:

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
ik oankaar sathigur prasaadh ||
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਜਬ ਹਮ ਹੋਤੇ ਤਬ ਤੂ ਨਾਹੀ ਅਬ ਤੂਹੀ ਮੈ ਨਾਹੀ ॥
jab ham hothae thab thoo naahee ab thoohee mai naahee ||
When I am in my ego, then You are not with me. Now that You are with me, there is no egotism within me.

ਅਨਲ ਅਗਮ ਜੈਸੇ ਲਹਰਿ ਮਇ ਓਦਧਿ ਜਲ ਕੇਵਲ ਜਲ ਮਾਂਹੀ ॥੧॥
anal agam jaisae lehar mae oudhadhh jal kaeval jal maanhee ||1||
The wind may raise up huge waves in the vast ocean, but they are just water in water. ||1||

ਮਾਧਵੇ ਕਿਆ ਕਹੀਐ ਭ੍ਰਮੁ ਐਸਾ ॥
maadhhavae kiaa keheeai bhram aisaa ||
O Lord, what can I say about such an illusion?

ਜੈਸਾ ਮਾਨੀਐ ਹੋਇ ਨ ਤੈਸਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
jaisaa maaneeai hoe n thaisaa ||1|| rehaao ||
Things are not as they seem. ||1||Pause||

ਨਰਪਤਿ ਏਕੁ ਸਿੰਘਾਸਨਿ ਸੋਇਆ ਸੁਪਨੇ ਭਇਆ ਭਿਖਾਰੀ ॥
narapath eaek singhaasan soeiaa supanae bhaeiaa bhikhaaree ||
It is like the king, who falls asleep upon his throne, and dreams that he is a beggar.

ਅਛਤ ਰਾਜ ਬਿਛੁਰਤ ਦੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਸੋ ਗਤਿ ਭਈ ਹਮਾਰੀ ॥੨॥
ashhath raaj bishhurath dhukh paaeiaa so gath bhee hamaaree ||2||
His kingdom is intact, but separated from it, he suffers in sorrow. Such is my own condition. ||2||

ਰਾਜ ਭੁਇਅੰਗ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਗ ਜੈਸੇ ਹਹਿ ਅਬ ਕਛੁ ਮਰਮੁ ਜਨਾਇਆ ॥
raaj bhueiang prasang jaisae hehi ab kashh maram janaaeiaa ||
Like the story of the rope mistaken for a snake, the mystery has now been explained to me.

ਅਨਿਕ ਕਟਕ ਜੈਸੇ ਭੂਲਿ ਪਰੇ ਅਬ ਕਹਤੇ ਕਹਨੁ ਨ ਆਇਆ ॥੩॥
anik kattak jaisae bhool parae ab kehathae kehan n aaeiaa ||3||
Like the many bracelets, which I mistakenly thought were gold; now, I do not say what I said then. ||3||

ਸਰਬੇ ਏਕੁ ਅਨੇਕੈ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਸਭ ਘਟ ਭ+ਗਵੈ ਸੋਈ ॥
sarabae eaek anaekai suaamee sabh ghatt bhuogavai soee ||
The One Lord is pervading the many forms; He enjoys Himself in all hearts.

ਕਹਿ ਰਵਿਦਾਸ ਹਾਥ ਪੈ ਨੇਰੈ ਸਹਜੇ ਹੋਇ ਸੁ ਹੋਈ ॥੪॥੧॥
kehi ravidhaas haathh pai naerai sehajae hoe s hoee ||4||1||
Says Ravi Daas, the Lord is nearer than our own hands and feet. Whatever will be, will be. ||4||1||

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Before Realization of the TRUTH all say: 'THIS IS BUT A BODY AFTERALL'. Doesn't matter what one reads, what one writes, what one thinks- sense of 'I am body' stays, untill actual realization happens. So they think of others the same as well, without knowing their state of mind. They cant know the state of a Saintly Soul.

After Realization of the Truth, no duality is left of any sense. Gurbani clearly states this truth over and over again. After knowing(experiencibg) the Truth, I dies completely.

Today I am remembering words of Sant Singh Ji Maskeen: "If a person says 'he is a Sikh' and he also says that 'Guru is NOT God', take my word for it: he is not a Sikh, he is faking. Any body who bows his head infront of Guru Granth Sahib ji has to believe every word of Guru Ji, not just what suits his self-developed concepts."

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
ik oankaar sathigur prasaadh ||
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਜਬ ਹਮ ਹੋਤੇ ਤਬ ਤੂ ਨਾਹੀ ਅਬ ਤੂਹੀ ਮੈ ਨਾਹੀ ॥
jab ham hothae thab thoo naahee ab thoohee mai naahee ||
When I am in my ego, then You are not with me. Now that You are with me, there is no egotism within me.

ਅਨਲ ਅਗਮ ਜੈਸੇ ਲਹਰਿ ਮਇ ਓਦਧਿ ਜਲ ਕੇਵਲ ਜਲ ਮਾਂਹੀ ॥੧॥
anal agam jaisae lehar mae oudhadhh jal kaeval jal maanhee ||1||
The wind may raise up huge waves in the vast ocean, but they are just water in water. ||1||

ਮਾਧਵੇ ਕਿਆ ਕਹੀਐ ਭ੍ਰਮੁ ਐਸਾ ॥
maadhhavae kiaa keheeai bhram aisaa ||
O Lord, what can I say about such an illusion?

ਜੈਸਾ ਮਾਨੀਐ ਹੋਇ ਨ ਤੈਸਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
jaisaa maaneeai hoe n thaisaa ||1|| rehaao ||
Things are not as they seem. ||1||Pause||

ਨਰਪਤਿ ਏਕੁ ਸਿੰਘਾਸਨਿ ਸੋਇਆ ਸੁਪਨੇ ਭਇਆ ਭਿਖਾਰੀ ॥
narapath eaek singhaasan soeiaa supanae bhaeiaa bhikhaaree ||
It is like the king, who falls asleep upon his throne, and dreams that he is a beggar.

ਅਛਤ ਰਾਜ ਬਿਛੁਰਤ ਦੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਸੋ ਗਤਿ ਭਈ ਹਮਾਰੀ ॥੨॥
ashhath raaj bishhurath dhukh paaeiaa so gath bhee hamaaree ||2||
His kingdom is intact, but separated from it, he suffers in sorrow. Such is my own condition. ||2||

ਰਾਜ ਭੁਇਅੰਗ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਗ ਜੈਸੇ ਹਹਿ ਅਬ ਕਛੁ ਮਰਮੁ ਜਨਾਇਆ ॥
raaj bhueiang prasang jaisae hehi ab kashh maram janaaeiaa ||
Like the story of the rope mistaken for a snake, the mystery has now been explained to me.

ਅਨਿਕ ਕਟਕ ਜੈਸੇ ਭੂਲਿ ਪਰੇ ਅਬ ਕਹਤੇ ਕਹਨੁ ਨ ਆਇਆ ॥੩॥
anik kattak jaisae bhool parae ab kehathae kehan n aaeiaa ||3||
Like the many bracelets, which I mistakenly thought were gold; now, I do not say what I said then. ||3||

ਸਰਬੇ ਏਕੁ ਅਨੇਕੈ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਸਭ ਘਟ ਭ+ਗਵੈ ਸੋਈ ॥
sarabae eaek anaekai suaamee sabh ghatt bhuogavai soee ||
The One Lord is pervading the many forms; He enjoys Himself in all hearts.

ਕਹਿ ਰਵਿਦਾਸ ਹਾਥ ਪੈ ਨੇਰੈ ਸਹਜੇ ਹੋਇ ਸੁ ਹੋਈ ॥੪॥੧॥
kehi ravidhaas haathh pai naerai sehajae hoe s hoee ||4||1||
Says Ravi Daas, the Lord is nearer than our own hands and feet. Whatever will be, will be. ||4||1||

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Pyramid Ji,

A very dear family friend of ours also used to say this- 'I am not body'. Me and my wife we used to go see her when she was dying of Cancer. She already knew about her death and all, even before she got diagnozed. She told about this to my wife, and she was declared dead exactly the time she told her. She used to say openly- I am not Sick, it is this body. God has to create a reason for this piece of cloth to get rotten, so it is.

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Originally Posted by Pyramid

Being a Sikh is not easy. Guru needs head. It is not an easy thing to do for many. More are just lost in the outer appearance. They think that by keeping the outer appearance or just by mere stubberness they will be saved. If somebody try to talk to them about Guru Shabad, they create all halla gulla and try to prove their own shallow concepts. They openly disgrace Gurbani, without realizing what they doing. They cant take it as ONE, of course the pressure of duality is at work. They cant hear GuruShabad, It is impossble for them to hear it, Ego Sir Char Ke Boldee Hai, Bani Naam Hai, and Guru Ji says: sabad na sunanee bhu rol ghachola, they are lost in the uproar of the mind. Peace is not their friend.

All is His own Play, Just watch it and do Simran, dont get involved with them. Tell them the Truth, and walk away. Pray for the best for all :).

English Translation(source: SikhiToTheMax):
Siree Raag, Third Mehl:
Whom shall I serve? What shall I chant? I will go and ask the Guru.
I will accept the Will of the True Guru, and eradicate selfishness from within.
By this work and service, the Naam shall come to dwell within my mind.
Through the Naam, peace is obtained; I am adorned and embellished by the True Word of the Shabad. ||1||
O my mind, remain awake and aware night and day, and think of the Lord.
Protect your crops, or else the birds shall descend on your farm. ||1||Pause||
The desires of the mind are fulfilled, when one is filled to overflowing with the Shabad.
One who fears, loves, and is devoted to the Dear Lord day and night, sees Him always close at hand.
Doubt runs far away from the bodies of those, whose minds remain forever attuned to the True Word of the Shabad.
The Immaculate Lord and Master is found. He is True; He is the Ocean of Excellence. ||2||
Those who remain awake and aware are saved, while those who sleep are plundered.
They do not recognize the True Word of the Shabad, and like a dream, their lives fade away.
Like guests in a deserted house, they leave just exactly as they have come.
The life of the self-willed manmukh passes uselessly. What face will he show when he passes beyond? ||3||
God Himself is everything; those who are in their ego cannot even speak of this.
Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, He is realized, and the pain of egotism is eradicated from within.
I fall at the feet of those who serve their True Guru.
O Nanak, I am a sacrifice to those who are found to be true in the True Court. ||4||21||54||
source:SikhiToTheMax

Punjabi Translation(source:GuruGranthDarpan):

ArQ:- hy myry mn! hr vyly (ivkwrW dy h`ilAW v`loN) sucyq rhu, qy prmwqmw (dw nwm) ismr [ ies qrHW Awpxy Awqmk jIvn dI &sl (iehnW ivkwrW qoN) bcw lY [ AMq nUµ qyry aumr dy Kyq ivc kUMj Aw peygI (Bwv, ibrD AvsQw Aw phuMcygI) [1[rhwau[
jdoN mYN Awpxy gurU pwsoN pu`Cdw hW ik (ivkwrW qoN bcx vwsqy) mYN iks dI syvw krW qy kyhVw jp krW (qW gurU pwsoN aupdyS imldw hY ik) mYN Awpxy AMdroN haumY dUr kr ky gurU dw hukm mMnW [ (gurU dw hukm mMnxw hI iek) AYsI syvw hY AYsI cwkrI hY (ijs dI brkiq nwl prmwqmw dw) nwm mn ivc Aw v`sdw hY [ prmwqmw dy nwm dI rwhIN hI Awqmk Awnµd imldw hY, qy prmwqmw dI is&iq-swlwh dI bwxI dI rwhIN Awqmk jIvn sohxw bx jWdw hY [1[
jyhVy bMdy prmwqmw dy Adb ivc qy pRym ivc rih ky ausdI BgqI idn rwq krdy hn, auhnW dy mn dIAW BwvnIAW pUrIAW ho jWdIAW hn (Bwv, auhnW dw mn kwmnw-rihq ho jWdw hY) [ gurU dy Sbd dI brkiq nwl auhnW nUµ prmwqmw hr QW ivAwpk id`sdw hY (auhnW nUµ XkIn bx jWdw hY ik) prmwqmw sdw hwzr-nwzr (ho ky sB jIvW dI) sMBwl krdw hY [ auhnW dw mn sdw-iQr pRBU dI is&iq-swlwh dI bwxI ivc rMigAw rihMdw hY, Btkxw aunHW dy srIr ivcoN au~kw hI im`t jWdI hY [ auh sdw-iQr rihx vwly guxW dy ^zwny piv`qr srUp mwlk-pRBU nUµ iml pYNdy hn [2[
jyhVy bMdy (mwieAw dy h`ilAW vloN) sucyq rihMdy hn, auh (ivkwrW qoN) bc jWdy hn [ jyhVy (mwieAw dy moh dI) nINd ivc sON jWdy hn, auh Awqmk jIvn dI rws-pUMjI lutw jWdy hn [ auh sdw-iQr pRBU dI is&iq-swlwh dI bwxI dI swr nhIN jwxdy, auhnW dI izMdgI supny vWg (ivArQ) bIq jWdI hY [ auh jgq qoN iqvyN hI ^wlI-h`Q cly jWdy hn) ijvyN iksyN suM\y Gr ivc koeI pRwhuxw Aw ky clw jWdw hY [
Awpxy mn dy ip`Cy qurn vwly mnu`K dw jIvn ivArQ bIq jWdw hY [ auh ieQoN jw ky AgWh kIh mUMh ivKwiegw? (Bwv, pRBU dI hwzrI ivc SrimMdw hI hovygw) [3[
(jIvW dy BI kIh v`s?) prmwqmw Awp hI Awp sB kuJ krn dy smrQ hY, (auN\) haumY ivc PisAW (ieh s`cweI) AwKI nhIN jw skdI (Bwv, haumY ivc Psy jIv nUµ ieh smJ nhIN AwauNdI ik prmwqmw Awp hI sB kuJ krn-jog hY) [ gurU dy Sbd dI brkiq nwl Awpxy AMdroN haumY dw du`K dUr kIiqAW ieh smJ AwauNdI hY [
jyhVy mnu`K Awpxy gurU dI syvw krdy hn (Bwv, gurU dy d`sy rwh qy qurdy hn), mYN auhnW dI crnIN l`gdw hW [ hy nwnk! (AwK—) mYN auhnW bMidAW qoN kurbwn jWdw hW, jyhVy sdw-iQr pRBU dy dr qy sur^rU huMdy hn [4[21[54[
source: PAGE 34 - Punjabi Translation of Siri Guru Granth Sahib (Sri Guru Granth Darpan).

Guru Shabad:
isrIrwgu mhlw 3 ]
iksu hau syvI ikAw jpu krI sqgur pUCau jwie ]
sqgur kw Bwxw mMin leI ivchu Awpu gvwie ]
eyhw syvw cwkrI nwmu vsY min Awie ]
nwmY hI qy suKu pweIAY scY sbid suhwie ]1]
mn myry Anidnu jwgu hir cyiq ]
AwpxI KyqI riK lY kUMj pVYgI Kyiq ]1] rhwau ]
mn kIAw ieCw pUrIAw sbid rihAw BrpUir ]
BY Bwie Bgiq krih idnu rwqI hir jIau vyKY sdw hdUir ]
scY sbid sdw mnu rwqw BRmu gieAw srIrhu dUir ]
inrmlu swihbu pwieAw swcw guxI ghIru ]2]