• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Abrogated Verses In The Koran

BabbarSher

SPNer
Jul 3, 2004
globally
Muslim Ji:

Ki haal chaal.. chalo hun tuhada jawaab likhiye

I dont know whether to laugh or sit back and relax or wonder with amazement at the level of mindwash u exhibit.

You seem to have explained everything else, BUT NOT anything related to the content of my post. Why spend so much energy in prooving that Islamic verses are neither contradictory or abrogated with highly chosen suras, why not simple take the example suras from my post.

All the examples seem to be highly chosen, screened and selected to prove the point that there is no contradiction or abrogation.

However neither you nor your hyperlink take the example of the Suaras mentioned in my post, which I am reproducing below for your reference again.

How is definace of Allah and rather his apostle different from not believing in a different religion, even paganism?

http://www.qurantoday.com/BaqSec13.htm#Verse2:106

Verse 2:106

Yusuf Ali:
None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that God Hath power over all things?

Zohurul Hoque:
Whatever of a message We abrogate, or We cause it to be forgotten, We bring one better than that, or the like of it. Do you not know that Allah indeed is the Possessor of power over all things?

T. J. Irving:
We do not cancel any verse nor let it be forgotten instead We bring something better than it or else something similar. Do you not know that God is Capable of everything?

T.U. Hilali-M. Khan:
Whatever a Verse (revelation) do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring a better one or similar to it. Know you not that Allâh is able to do all things?

M. Pickthall:
Nothing of our revelation (even a single verse) do we abrogate or cause be forgotten, but we bring (in place) one better or the like thereof. Knowest thou not that Allah is Able to do all things ?

M.H. Shakir:
Whatever communications We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring one better than it or like it. Do you not know that Allah has power over all things?

and

YUSUFALI: When We substitute one revelation for another,- and Allah knows best what He reveals (in stages),- they say, "Thou art but a forger": but most of them understand not.

PICKTHAL: And when We put a revelation in place of (another) revelation, - and Allah knoweth best what He revealeth - they say: Lo! thou art but inventing. Most of them know not.

SHAKIR: And when We change (one) communication for (another) communication, and Allah knows best what He reveals, they say: You are only a forger. Nay, most of them do not know.

If you take the 2:106 in conjunction with 016.101, one comes to note the word forger......which seems to imply that this issue of one verse replacing others was also raised during the times of the prophet, but was swept away by this verse. Forgery would only make sens in case people doubted the verses or if they were comparing the verses with the earlier verses. It is improbable that this refers to miracles in the context of the above.

Even the explanation that Allah's message varies from age to age is different and is superseded by a new message is hollow. It may sound true to a muslim and their concept of God, but to a sikh, God has always been true and will always be true.

His message has been true and will always remain true.

He is not the one to change his message, for he does not possess a finicky mind. His message is indepedent of time and does not vary as the years go by.

Sikhs dont think that things like following His Hukam, being in tune with him. reciting his name, devotion, doing seva will ever go out of fashion.

It seems highly improbable that God would give meaningless messages like allowing eating of a certain types of animals only, Only to change the message at a later stage to include some types and exclude other types.

For a sikh it would forever be true to do service to others, help others and not fo0rce others to accept his religion, whatever the circumstances, however positive or negative they may. For a sikh it is always going to be the message to fight against oppression, wherever that may be. For asikh it is always going to be the messaege of God to speak the truth.

For the God of Sikhs - Akaal, Waheguru is indpendent of time, nor does he have anyone's fear or the fear that if he reveals the whole truth suddenly, people may not like it and not follow it.

Yet for a muslim things may change as the Quran reflects. Or for that matter people of semitic religions, things seem to change with each new prophet.

<<<<<<<<<<<<

The pacific, tolerant message of Sura 2.256 reflects the historical circumstances of its composition. Islam was still then decidedly a minority faith and Mohammed and his small band of followers, in Medina and surrounded by non-Muslim enemies, were threatened with destruction. The early Koran of necessity presented religious tolerance as a divine command because nascent Islam had not yet acquired the physical power to compel conversion: "The Apostle had not been given permission to fight or allowed to shed blood ... he had simply been ordered to call men to God, endure insult, and forgive the ignorant" (Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah).

Tolerant MuslimBut when Islam became powerful, Allah's eternal message changed. Islam could now "call people by the sword" -- that is, compel conversion -- and accordingly "verses of the sword" were conveniently revealed to the Prophet, verses that sanction and indeed command conversion of the Infidel by armed violence, which historically would be Islam's preferred method. Sura 2.256 was thus abrogated by a later verse, composed after Mohammed had conquered Mecca and was preparing his new Muslim empire for Jihad against the non-Muslim world: "Slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush" (Sura 9.5). This "verse of the sword" not only abrogates 2.256, but also abrogates well over a hundred earlier verses that formerly taught peace and tolerance toward non-believers.

Only the later, abrogating verse now represents authentic Muslim teaching.

Islam: "Religion of Peace"

"Those that make war against Allah and His apostle and spread disorder in the land shall be slain or crucified or have their hands and feet cut off on alternate sides, or be banished from the land. They shall be held up to shame in this world and sternly punished in the hereafter." (Sura 5.33-34)

"Allah revealed His will to the angels, saying: 'I shall be with you. Give courage to the believers. I shall cast terror into the hearts of the infidels. Strike off their heads, strike off the very tips of their fingers!' That was because they defied Allah and His apostle. He that defies Allah and his apostle shall be sternly punished by Allah." (Sura 8.12-13)

"In order that Allah may separate the pure from the impure, put all the impure ones [i.e. non-Muslims] one on top of another in a heap and cast them into hell. They will have been the ones to have lost." (Sura 8.37)

"Muster against them [i.e. non-Muslims] all the men and cavalry at your command, so that you may strike terror into the enemy of Allah and your enemy, and others besides them who are unknown to you but known to Allah." (Sura 8.60)

"Prophet, make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites, and deal harshly with them. Hell shall be their home: an evil fate." (Sura 9.73)

"When We resolve to raze a city, We first give warning to those of its people who live in comfort. If they persist in sin, judgement is irrevocably passed, and We destroy it utterly." (Sura 17.16-17)

"We have destroyed many a sinful nation and replaced them by other men. And when they felt Our Might they took to their heels and fled. They were told: 'Do not run away. Return to your comforts and to your dwellings. You shall be questioned all.' 'Woe betide us, we have done wrong' was their reply. And this they kept repeating until We mowed them down and put out their light." (Sura 21.11-15)

"When you meet the unbelievers in jihad, chop off their heads. And when you have brought them low, bind your prisoners rigorously. Then set them free or take ransom from them until the war is ended." (Sura 47.4)

"Mohammed is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another." (Sura 48.29)

Additional NOTE: What does the term Unbeliever in Islam mean ??

Lots more to follow ...

blueshovel

SPNer
Jun 2, 2005
New Orleans, LA USA
By the argument of abrogation, anyone may change the words of the prophet, placing himself or herself at the level of prophet. Or so it seems to me. A brief synopsis of how man can be determined to speak truly for the prophet, therefore abrogating tolerance, and in it's place allowing the sword, would be welcome so I may understand this better. It seems, that there is no truth of word, if any man of appropriate power can change and manipulate the teachings to suit their whim, or historical place. Murder in the name of god is still murder, how difficult is that to understand. Truth of religion and spirituality should come from ones own heart and soul, as anyone else who claims to speak for god(s) when god(s) do not speak through me should be suspect. Looking at how religious men of power wield to their own interpretations, for their own ends (and no religion has shown itself not to be replete of charlatans, and the immoral, each of consciously, or unconsciously speaks only from our experience, and can not help but color our words: language is a virus, but the feeling, the internal knowledge that something is right can not be usurped by anyone other than the person who chooses to go against their heart, and follow their passions instead) it is impossible for me to have faith in any person or institution who claims secret knowledge, and the only path to god. Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, etc. have all fallen victim to people whom claimed enlightenment so they could sway the faithful to their own immoral purposes. Mohamed, Jesus, the Old testament are all fallible, they were stated, interpreted, and copied by human after human, each with their own agenda. I am not well enough versed in the Koran (I do hope to learn, and this is why I present my self to you, oh noble reader), but I can cite incident after incident where the morally bankrupt have used the old and new testaments of the christian bible to exploit their own beliefs in how the religion should run, have changed versus, have destroyed books, and have committed genocide of those whom they disagree with. If man can come along and change what are supposed to be truths, into new truths, than there are no truths of that school of thought. The physical laws that govern the universe hold true at every point both spatially, and in regards to time, if a law is not always a law, then it never was. My apologies if this seems to be more ramble than anything else, I often type like I think, and without the time to go back and edit for understanding my thoughts, I can be less than clear, and I do not have that time right now. An answer to my question at the top of this rant would be greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful day, thank you for your time and consideration in reading this. A blessing of Love, Peace, and Understanding. J

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: