• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

A Wolf's View Of Sikhism

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Sinnerji,

In 3 lines you have summed up why this climb has taken me so long, yes, you are right, I think too much, what is needed then, more faith, less thinking maybe :)

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Sinnerji my dear brother,

I have thought about this hard, whilst I agree that each way is personal to the eventual goal that we all seek, these leaps and flashes of enlightenment, seem to be only available to the pure of heart.

Out of the two of us, I would probably say my heart is more impure than yours, so maybe thats why you get the leap of faith, and I get the mountain climb

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Harry Haller ji and Sinner ji the following comes to mind even though not related directly to Sikhism,

YouTube - ‪Let it be‬‏

Let us revisit one more time the fundamental aspects of where we are,

• We are all part of the creator and creation
    • Creator and the creation expects very little of us
    • As a matter of fact, I think, I perhaps the other day ran into God/creator. No wonder, isn't God/creator supposed to be everywhere anyway! I forget whether the message came from within or outside of me) and I was told to "live in consonance with rest of the creation" mundahug
      • I was reminded of the following too,
        • The creation does not set a timeline for us to find the creator
          • Sometimes we do and then we get frustrated
  • Now aspects of us as humans
    • It is pretty clear that if life was like rubber stamping we wouldn't be around, let me explain
      • Trials and tribulations both physical and spiritual allow us to have evolution as humans and are required for survival as creation requests each and every species to be prepared for now and future to survive
        • If very human was a carbon copy and life was smooth as baby's bottom, I don't believe humans including us would have been around
  • Harry Haller ji within us we have highest of high mountains and deepest of deep valleys sitting in our skull
    • If our imagination was actually translated into physical structures, I believe none of us would have legs or limbs to endure
    • So the challenge is to minimize such grey matter structures in our skull if it is bothersome
      • We can do so by living and appreciating creation, enjoying what we have, continue to develop understanding synergistically and in joy
  • I will be the first to admit that we think we have the greatest pain, confusion, less of everything positive and more of everything negative
    • That is so because we will never know anyone better than ourselves and every cut gives us an ouch no matter how small while others may have gouges and given up on feeling cuts
Please don't drop into faith well of darkness, creation gave us a light bulb in our head to always live in light. We may not understand everything all the time (Gurbani says you never will understand everything but live in consonance) but that is simply addressed as I don't know but will try to understand if important in overall scheme of things.

You may want to peruse the following as you listen to the George Harrison song below it,
YouTube - ‪George Harrison My Sweet Lord‬‏

It will be fun if you can imagine that Paul McCartney and George Harrison are wearing turbans as they would have gone very well with their hair lol

Sat Sri Akal and have a wonderful day.

RamanS

SPNer
Apr 19, 2011
I haven't read all the posts but I came across this interesting proverb and I remembered seeing this topic. Hope it helps!

There is an old American Indian proverb about a Cherokee chief who is teaching his grandson about life, and he says:

"There is a fight going on inside me. It is a terrible fight and it is between 2 wolves. One wolf is evil --- he is self-pity, envy, regret, resentment, anger, self-indulgence, ego. The other wolf is good --- he is love, compassion, hope, kindness, peace, humility, generosity."

The old chief went on to say, "This same fight is going on inside you. And it is going on inside every other person as well."

The grandson seemed deep in thought for several minutes, and then he asked: "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee chief replied: "The one you feed."

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: