• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

A Sikh Without His Flowing Hair And Turban

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
I've noticed the past few weeks he's been asking me to tie a dastar on him because he says they just feel good. I can't keep my eyes off him.

This seems to be a well-kept secret. I had a major stroke about 2 years ago and have had a splitting headache ever since. I can't take most OTC painkillers and won't take intoxicants. I have found the only relief I can get is a well-tied dastar. The relief is complete! Not a bit of pain!

My first husband (my one true love and all that) wouldn't let me see him without his turban until our wedding night; even then he was a bit relunctant. But the wait was worth it. His turban made his kesh very special, something for just the two of us to share. I haven't heard this expressed publicly by other married women, but I know others share my feelings. :eek:

I was always so proud to be seen with him; his dignity was incredible. (All right, he was very handsome, too, but even if he hadn't been...)

Something happens to a Sikh man when he ties a turban. The pride, dignity, beauty just appear. The back is a little straighter, the whole attitude just a little stronger, more confident. A lot of the attraction toward a man in a turban comes from those. pk70 is so right about that. The same change comes about in a woman, as well. Of course! And I always feel good whenever I see a visible Sikh.

Can a turban make one lion more beautiful than another? Certainly, if that lion is your lion, the one you love!:shy:

But 'A Sikh without his flowing hair and turban,' to me, at least, is a sad lion.:8-:)

(Note to someone: Can we get some turbaned smilies, please?)

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
But 'A Sikh without his flowing hair and turban,' to me, at least, is a sad lion.
CRYBABY0.GIF

It is true but hilarious.:)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I say yes Mai to turbaned smilies. And the devil smiley is not working again. Drat!!!

What I want to share is this: no surprise that a turban relieves severe headaches. An old southern Italian folk remedy for all kinds of headaches is to tie a bandana tightly around the head at the level of the temples. This will get you through a migraine headache and won't upset your stomach the way medication does. Turbans work!

May 30, 2007
But 'A Sikh without his flowing hair and turban,' to me, at least, is a sad lion.
CRYBABY0.GIF

It is true but hilarious.:)

A lion never hides.Lion is the king n never afraid of anyone.A sikh is a lion of Guru Gobind Singh Ji maharaj..The person who cuts his hairs n remove his turban is actually a coward trying to hide himself in some corner while a lion sikh walks with his head up n with his bold bright turban as his crown in the crowd..fearing nothing...:}{}{}::thumbup:

Please refrain from using antagonistic language.

A guru ka lion is capable of fighting hundreds without fear..Recent example is Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindrawale with his tiny force of hardly 200-300 true lions wiped out more than 200,000 sheep indian army.ha ha...........Chak teh phatte Sant Ji neh....Ha ha.....:up::}{}{}:

Last edited by a moderator:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
I say yes Mai to turbaned smilies. And the devil smiley is not working again. Drat!!!

What I want to share is this: no surprise that a turban relieves severe headaches. An old southern Italian folk remedy for all kinds of headaches is to tie a bandana tightly around the head at the level of the temples. This will get you through a migraine headache and won't upset your stomach the way medication does. Turbans work!
I dont notice I have a headache until I take off my turban..... :hmm:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
But 'A Sikh without his flowing hair and turban,' to me, at least, is a sad lion.:8-:)

(Note to someone: Can we get some turbaned smilies, please?)
Ya, I mean we gotta keep the smilies happy too you know. :roll:
:}{}{}: heehee, why not?

Sikh Chela

SPNer
Aug 8, 2008
Earth
Sat Sri Akal to all,

Stating that the reason for keeping long hair is 'because God gave you hair' is juvinille. God also gave you many other body parts which you end up removing... as someone mentioned earlier your fingernails and toenails. God gave you those didn't He? Or was that some other entity? Why then do you cut your nails? Why do many people get their appendix removed? How about wisdom teeth? Is Sikhi against dentists then? See how juvinille it gets? I don't have anything against keeping long hair but please don't dumb it down to such a contradictory and low level. There may be a scientific or credible reason for keeping long hair but I do not know of it, nor do I feel the need to justify it. My belief is that Guru Gobind Singh Ji needed to create a distinct army in trying times.

Is Sikhi not actually declining? Any statistics that I can find state that it is. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, followed by Christianity. Why are these religions able to grow while Sikhi is not? I believe that it may have something to do with the focus on the turban and keeping long hair. The problem is that true Sikhi is not being progressed and propigated. The true message of Nanak and the GGS is not being told to our own children, much less the rest of the world. Rather, those in charge are worried about people cutting their hair.

True Sikhi is much much deeper than long hair and a turban. Not that I have a problem with long hair or turbans but these should not be the focus of our religion. Keeping kesh and wearing a turban is a priviledge and shows utmost respect to all the Khalsa who have sacraficed for Sikhi. But we must remember that these great martyrs sacraficed for the beliefs and values of Sikhi, and not for simply the physical hair on their heads.

Sikhi's (recent) focus on the turban has has confused us and made many of us (especially non-amridharis and westerners) forget what Sikhi is really all about. Some of us never really get a chance to learn because there is such a strong focus on hair that we are not given the opportunity to learn anything else. It seems like a condition: "if you want to be a Sikh, grow your hair first... otherwise you are just a fake." From reading the posts on this site it is obvious that most people that visit this site have some understanding of Sikh doctrines and most seem to have read at least parts of the GGS. But how many, out of the four hundred thousand or so Sikhs born in North America actually have read the GGS? I can guarantee they are few and far between.

In fact I resent the comments of some bloggers that those who do not have unshorn hair are not Sikhs! Well, I have my hair cut and I am a proud Sikh, and no one can stop me from claiming so. One post actually said that people without turbans shouldn't be allowed in Gurdhwaras! Really? Do these people even know how Sikhism came about? It is a faith open to all: short, tall, dark, fair, bald, ugly, pretty, monay, etc. Ideally there is absolutely no discrimination in Sikhi, whether upon physical apprearance, caste, creed, race, or otherwise. Then how is it that our own are discriminating against us?

A Sikh.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Sat Sri Akal to all,

Stating that the reason for keeping long hair is 'because God gave you hair' is juvinille. God also gave you many other body parts which you end up removing... as someone mentioned earlier your fingernails and toenails. God gave you those didn't He? Or was that some other entity? Why then do you cut your nails? Why do many people get their appendix removed? How about wisdom teeth? Is Sikhi against dentists then? See how juvinille it gets? I don't have anything against keeping long hair but please don't dumb it down to such a contradictory and low level. There may be a scientific or credible reason for keeping long hair but I do not know of it, nor do I feel the need to justify it. My belief is that Guru Gobind Singh Ji needed to create a distinct army in trying times.

Is Sikhi not actually declining? Any statistics that I can find state that it is. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, followed by Christianity. Why are these religions able to grow while Sikhi is not? I believe that it may have something to do with the focus on the turban and keeping long hair. The problem is that true Sikhi is not being progressed and propigated. The true message of Nanak and the GGS is not being told to our own children, much less the rest of the world. Rather, those in charge are worried about people cutting their hair.

True Sikhi is much much deeper than long hair and a turban. Not that I have a problem with long hair or turbans but these should not be the focus of our religion. Keeping kesh and wearing a turban is a priviledge and shows utmost respect to all the Khalsa who have sacraficed for Sikhi. But we must remember that these great martyrs sacraficed for the beliefs and values of Sikhi, and not for simply the physical hair on their heads.

Sikhi's (recent) focus on the turban has has confused us and made many of us (especially non-amridharis and westerners) forget what Sikhi is really all about. Some of us never really get a chance to learn because there is such a strong focus on hair that we are not given the opportunity to learn anything else. It seems like a condition: "if you want to be a Sikh, grow your hair first... otherwise you are just a fake." From reading the posts on this site it is obvious that most people that visit this site have some understanding of Sikh doctrines and most seem to have read at least parts of the GGS. But how many, out of the four hundred thousand or so Sikhs born in North America actually have read the GGS? I can guarantee they are few and far between.

In fact I resent the comments of some bloggers that those who do not have unshorn hair are not Sikhs! Well, I have my hair cut and I am a proud Sikh, and no one can stop me from claiming so. One post actually said that people without turbans shouldn't be allowed in Gurdhwaras! Really? Do these people even know how Sikhism came about? It is a faith open to all: short, tall, dark, fair, bald, ugly, pretty, monay, etc. Ideally there is absolutely no discrimination in Sikhi, whether upon physical apprearance, caste, creed, race, or otherwise. Then how is it that our own are discriminating against us?

A Sikh.

1. Its actually GURU JIS HUKM to keep the Five Kakaars. Since Guru Ji didnt say Dont cut toe nails/pull out defective teeth etc etc..its OK to cut nails, go to the dentist etc etc. But HE did say..KEEP YOUR HAIR INTACT...so I do. I dont think thats Juvenile.... no as a matter of fact its Maturity. Its not "juvenility" to Love and follow ones GURU...to the LETTER/SPIRIT.

2. Sikhs who were Martyred..were just given ONE CHOICE - CUT your Hair !! or DIE.
Best example is Bhai TARU SINGH....whose SCALP was REMOVED since he refused to cut his hair. Its totally FALSE to keep the HAIR out of this aspect of Sikh History. HAIR was and IS..100% Part and parcel. ONLY those Heads that had LONG HAIR INTACT were worth the 80 Rupee PRIZE MONEY !!! Many unscrupulous people cut off the HEADS of WOMEN and GIRLS....to claim the 80 rupee prize....claiming these are heads of YOUNG SIKHS !!!

3. GURBANI is proof that its so very very very EASY..to just keep hair....it GROWS without any effort !!! YES you are right that SIKHI is NOT EASY....its NOT just long hair and beards. GURBANI tells us....YOU HAVE SHAVED YOUR HEAD CLEAN........OH BUT YOU FAILED TO SHAVE YOUR MANN OF ITS EVIL DEEDS !!! Bhagat Kabir JI !!! meaning whats the point ?? ( in BOTH..that is "keeping" long hair or "Shaved head" BUT with NO SIKHI WITHIN.
SO IF I am going to have work so hard to CULTIVATE INNER SIKHI..clean my MANN of its evil....so I would RATHER follow the Bhagtas, the GURUS..the Sahibzadahs..the Hundreds of Thousands of Sikh Martyrs..who KEPT LONG HAIR..and work towards INNER SIKHI..rather than be a "shaved head"....doing the SAME THING ???? That way I wont have to do ANYTHING..my hair will keep growing naturally....but as a shaved head..i will have to visit the BARBER...pay good money. to have him PAW my face and head all over......waste money on shaving blades etc etc !!! Keeping Hair is a better bargain ?? dotn you think ??
Your beleif about Guru Gobind Singh Ji is wrong...GURU NANAK JI had long hair..Long flowing beard..and wore a Dastaar..so did ALL the following GURUS.
The ARMY began long before Guru Gobind Singh Ji.....its Bhagat KABIR JI who demans SIR DHAR GALI MERI AAO....come to me with head on palm..Gaggan Damama Bajio...WAR CRY of Dharma...the Khalsa war agaisnt tyranny began long long before 1469...and certainly long before 1699...0r 1708.... Were all the GURUS 'keeping" long hair etc just for the FUN of IT.... why didnt at least one..(just one out of 10) discard the long hair ??? Why not a single Sikh from Guru Times to the most trying times DISCARD hair to LIVE....Rememeber the HAIR/DASTAAR was the ONE and ONLY THING that could lead to Capture and CERTAIN DEATH - 1708- 1840 !!! Cut your hair..and no one knows who is Sikh/Hindu/Muslim !!!??? why not remain that way..and save so many lives ?? why indeed ?? WHY keep hair and court certain DEATH ??
5. Sikhi in "decline" ?? a widely held opinion..but WRONG. The KHALSA was NEVER in vast numbers..or Majority at any time...even in Maharaja Ranjit Singhs rule..Sikh KINGDOM..but SIKHS still in MINORITY.
A reversal of sorts is happening though.... for each PUNJABI sikh who shaves....another NEW SIKH emerges...one that is complete in Banna and Bani...look at the Western Sikhs....a growing number...and certainly more proud of their BANNA than any Punjabi sikhs i know..their SINGHANEES wear DASTAARS in much larger numbers than Punjabi FEMALES (sikhs). Goes to prove that Sikhi is UNIVERSAL..and not birthright of the punjabis..good riddance to punjabis who shave off. The Full Banna Sikh is in full RESURGANCE in canada UK..USA....welcome !!! just look at any picture of a Sikh Procession nagar kirtan in Vancouver..Surrey..New York...SEA of ..dastaars everywhere....compared to a Gurdass Mann concert in Punjab..a rag tag crowd of ghoneh monehs...Sikhi is NOT in Decline....in Punjab..yes..but not elsewhere...
6. I AGREE 100% with you that those "dastarees" calling names to "shavees" are plain inconsiderate. SIKHI is NOT their private domain. Its NOT the Private domain of ANYONE ( yes shavees too like to claim a lot of things..like I am a good sikh "inside"..ha ha ha..love that !!! They make it sound SO EASSSSSSYYYYYYY !! BUT GURBANI says the EXACT OPPOSITE...inisde sikhi is SO DIFFICULTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!! Raja and Emperors..Kings and SAGES..FAILED !!!!...so CONGRATS..( if you really think you have the stuff inside..keep it up....it should SHINE AUTOMATICALLY.... Kabir Ji says..it CANNOT BE HIDDEN !!!!.. I KNOW I am having atough time cultivating "sikhi inside"... so i am taking the EASY way out by growing long hair instead...at least thats a start..beginning...may GURU JI bless me....

7. ALL are WELCOME IN ALL GURDWARAS. Its a different matter that NOW a days..the TYPICAL GURDWARA...is NOT the DOOR to GURU JI ..not anymore. The Typical gurdwara is a COMMERCIAL PLACE..where RITUALS are SOLD and BOUGHT.....You can BUY..paaths...ardasses...kirtan praises...good health...pass exams..grow your buisness...etc etc.....BUT SORRY..if you wanted to KNOW the GURU...or HIS WAYS..or learn His GURBANI....then the Typical everyday GURDWARA is NOT the place for you....so IF you get chased out of one by a dastaree just becasue you are a shavee...that is the best thing to happen to you...you are better off going to a genuine place to learn the GURU....the SPN is one such place !!!

Chardeekalla..no offense to anyone..just my thoughts...

Gyani jarnail Singh

Sikh Chela

SPNer
Aug 8, 2008
Earth
1. Its actually GURU JIS HUKM to keep the Five Kakaars. Since Guru Ji didnt say Dont cut toe nails/pull out defective teeth etc etc..its OK to cut nails, go to the dentist etc etc. But HE did say..KEEP YOUR HAIR INTACT...so I do. I dont think thats Juvenile.... no as a matter of fact its Maturity. Its not "juvenility" to Love and follow ones GURU...to the LETTER/SPIRIT.

Gyani Jarnail Singh Ji, you have misunderstood my point. My point is not that keeping your hair intact is juvenile. Nor is my point that following ones Guru is juvenile. My point is that claiming that the reason you should keep you hair intact is "because God gave you hair and cutting it would offend him", is juvenile. If your belief is that you should keep your hair because it is Guru Ji's hukam then that is fine, no further justification should be needed for keeping your hair long.

2. Sikhs who were Martyred..were just given ONE CHOICE - CUT your Hair !! or DIE.
Best example is Bhai TARU SINGH....whose SCALP was REMOVED since he refused to cut his hair. Its totally FALSE to keep the HAIR out of this aspect of Sikh History. HAIR was and IS..100% Part and parcel. ONLY those Heads that had LONG HAIR INTACT were worth the 80 Rupee PRIZE MONEY !!! Many unscrupulous people cut off the HEADS of WOMEN and GIRLS....to claim the 80 rupee prize....claiming these are heads of YOUNG SIKHS !!!.

Again, my point is not that we should ignore the part of hair in Sikhi or Sikh history. The point that I was trying to make is that these great martyrs, Bhai Taru Singh inclusive, sacraficed themselves not for the hair on their heads but for what that hair stood for at the time. It was an ideal inspired by Guru Gobind Singh Ji. It was a statement by these great people that those in power (the Mughals) could not rule them anymore. It was a statement of oppression to tyranny. And it (the hair) served as a symbol of sovereignty and freedom.

Your beleif about Guru Gobind Singh Ji is wrong...GURU NANAK JI had long hair..Long flowing beard..and wore a Dastaar..so did ALL the following GURUS.

Not that it matters, how do we know that all Gurus had long hair? Are we just going to believe what artists have given us?

5. Sikhi in "decline" ?? a widely held opinion..but WRONG. The KHALSA was NEVER in vast numbers..or Majority at any time...even in Maharaja Ranjit Singhs rule..Sikh KINGDOM..but SIKHS still in MINORITY.
A reversal of sorts is happening though.... for each PUNJABI sikh who shaves....another NEW SIKH emerges...one that is complete in Banna and Bani...look at the Western Sikhs....a growing number...and certainly more proud of their BANNA than any Punjabi sikhs i know..their SINGHANEES wear DASTAARS in much larger numbers than Punjabi FEMALES (sikhs). Goes to prove that Sikhi is UNIVERSAL..and not birthright of the punjabis..good riddance to punjabis who shave off. The Full Banna Sikh is in full RESURGANCE in canada UK..USA....welcome !!! just look at any picture of a Sikh Procession nagar kirtan in Vancouver..Surrey..New York...SEA of ..dastaars everywhere....compared to a Gurdass Mann concert in Punjab..a rag tag crowd of ghoneh monehs...Sikhi is NOT in Decline....in Punjab..yes..but not elsewhere....

I will try to get you some stats on this. What I mean is that Sikhi is not increasing like Islam or Christianity. Rather Sikhi is just keeping pace with the rise in world population. I am from Canada and I can assure you that Sikhi is not increasing. You may believe that for every Sikh that cuts his hair, another emerges but this is simply not true my friend.

Respectfully.

Gyani jarnail Singh[/quote]

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Not that it matters, how do we know that all Gurus had long hair? Are we just going to believe what artists have given us? ( quate sikh chela ji )
Sikh chela ji
If Gurus are shown by artists with hair and long beard, thinking it was created by artists only, what should we believe in then? Your imagination? If any one who follows Guru Granth Sahib Ji but cuts hair, I have no problem with that person but why hair and beard of Guru are brought in to this discussion? Isn’t it enough to follow Guru’s teachings instead of dreaming how Guru looked like? Tenth Master gave five Kakaar, that includes hair, isn’t it enough proof that Guru kept them too:yes:. The thing that bothers me is to take defense from individual baseless imagination:rolleyes:. I am of the opinion that Sehajdhari Sikhs are as good as amritdhari sikhs provided both follow Guru Granth Sahib from heart.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, followed by Christianity. Why are these religions able to grow while Sikhi is not

Dear sikh chela

Let me answer your this question .Islam is fastest growing religion because of its birth rate and not because people embracing it.Many muslim sites are misleading people that people are converting to islam.The fact is if people are converting to islam then they are leaving it too but they don't disclose
it.

As far as christianity is concerned yes it is growing because of converts.But there are 2 factors

1)christian missionaries approach poor people which sikh and other Indian missionaries don't do

2)they also use tactics to convert people.Do you want sikh missionaries do the same

Let me tell you one thing there is no good growth in any Indian religion .

Sikh Chela

SPNer
Aug 8, 2008
Earth
Yes I believe that the tenth Guru did have long hair and did sport the 5 kakaar but how come none of the other Gurus stressed the importance of unshorn hair in any way? I do not refute that they may have had unshorn hair but if they did I don't believe it was for any 'Godly' reason... otherwise wouldn't they have said something about keeping your hair?

Anyway, I agree with pk70 that following the GGS with dedication and an open mind is all that matters in the end. In fact, that is precisely my point... the essence of the GGS does not tell us to grow our hair long but rather teaches us to follow basic qualities of: truth, humility, sharing, justice, learning, love, etc.

The question arise, How do we know all the Guru's kept there hair.

Guru ji has advised his Sikhs to keep hair and so the Gurus lead by example right from the first Guru, Guru Nanak Dev ji. The Gurus always lead by example and this was also shown when Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji took amrit from the Panj Pyare. Whatever the case the Gurus always lead by example. When Bab Budha ji passed away Guru Hargobind gave his shoulder to the bier showing the Humility that existed in the Gurus. Furthermore, when Guru Arjan Dev ji was put on the hot plate he also lead my example showing us how much love toward the Lord he had and we too should love and devote our lives for the Lord in the same way. God's will is what the Gurus lived by and they advised us in the same way to keep hair along with other teachings. Its well understood that hair is sacred in Sikhi and it should be kept as God has made it, otherwise Guru Gobind Sahib ji would have given the Khalsa Panth 4 Kakkar and his Hukam for the Sikh would have not included - Sikh must keep hair. Also hair has more to do than just identity because if it didn’t then Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji would have just said wear a pagg and the 4 Kakkar and still the Khalsa Panth will be distinctive and same goes for the Sikh they would just wear the pagg and look distinctive. But that is not the case he advised his Sikhs to keep hair because of identity and spirituality.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Not that it matters, how do we know that all Gurus had long hair? Are we just going to believe what artists have given us?

1. NO veer ji i dont base my beleifs on "artists impressions". In fact I am one of those who actively condemn the widespread "Guru pictures" as FAKES. Guru Ji joined us to GURBANI - SHABAD GURU...the AKAL PURAKH who has no form, no shape..no pictorial contents whatsoever. These assumed pictures are individual artists imaginations run wild and are counter to Shabad Guru Concept which is the basis of Sikhi/Gurmatt. These in fact lead us towards the wrong path/direction...towards IDOL WORSHIP.
2. I base ALL my writings on GURBANI in the SGGS and there are ample examples/References of LAMMRREH BAALA (LONG HAIR), Long BEARDS in Sacred Gurbani.
3. There is ample evidence in Gurbani that the 5 kakaars originate from GURU NANAK ji Sahib..and the link continues from Guru to Guru until Guru Gobind Singh Ji formally CODIFIED this as He was going to END the DEHDHAREE (human) Gurgadhee and pass it on to the SHABAD GURU from 1708. Since the Ten human Guurs from 1469-1708 were Visibly wearing Dastaars and having Long Beards etc and could show BY EXAMPLE....but SGGS as Shabad guru wont be having that aspect of "lead by example in physical form/viisblity....Guur Ji CODIFIED the REHAT in vasakhi 1699.( This is not to deny that Shabad guru has indeed "lead by example in the Gurbani" but many still insist on "seeing" a dastaar/long beard to beleive ( many so called sants are on record as having "seen" Guur nanak" when they should be "seeing" SGGS ONLY").
5. It is needless/useless to drag in the Guur's personal form into ones personal preference to shave.
I too fully support any individual's personal preferences - but be brave enough to just say so.." I prefer to shave" rather than try the futile game of saying" Show me where Guru nanak ji kept long hair/didnt shave..etc etc. Every person has the right to follow the chosen path at his own pace.

Regards and chardeekalla to all

Gyani jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Anyway, I agree with pk70 that following the GGS with dedication and an open mind is all that matters in the end. In fact, that is precisely my point... the essence of the GGS does not tell us to grow our hair long but rather teaches us to follow basic qualities of: truth, humility, sharing, justice, learning, love, etc.

Growing Hair..long beards...etc etc is the EASY PART. Just let NATURE take its course....not an iota of effort needed. THUS this "essence" is only mentioned briefly in Gurbani.( BUT IT IS MENTIONED and quite CLEARLY TOO !!)

BUT....the rest of the "Essence" is an entirely different kettle of fish. LOve thy enemy..Love all..see god in ALL...control ones LUST..ANGER..KRODH..LOBH..HANKAAR...EGO..etc etc is NOT EASY. NO SIR JI....that has DEFEATED kings and Emperors,,devtas such as Shivji..Brahma..Sages and Brahmgianis......THAT IS WHY ALL THIS ESSENCE IS STRESSED HUNDREDS OF TIMES...THOUSANDS OF TIMES ...IN 1429 PAGES OF THE HUGE GRANTH SAHIB..OUR GURU.

Is it easier for me to "not shave"..or sit on the Hot Plate like Guru Arjun Ji and Declare..DOSH na kahoon dehon... I DONT BLAME ANYONE !!!..Tera Bhanna Meetha Laggeh..Oh How sweet your Will My Lord !!! ??????????????????????????????????????? A penny for the RIGHT ANSWER ?? Any WONDER then that Guru Arjun Ji would Write many many many hundreds of More SHABADS on TERA BHANNA..HIS HUKM...rather than "long hair/Beard/Dastaar" ???? I am very very SURE that even Prithiyah ( Guru jis elder brother) had Long Beard and wore a Dastaar ( He wanted to be next GURU....so he would definitely not be "shavee"..and the LONG BEARD of Guru ramdass Ji and Guru Arjun Ji is LEGENDARY in Sikh literature as well )..BUT did Prithiya had what it takes to Sit on the HOT PLATE and declare the same ?? 11110% NO is my answer.

Regards...
Gyani jarnail singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
I will try to get you some stats on this. What I mean is that Sikhi is not increasing like Islam or Christianity. Rather Sikhi is just keeping pace with the rise in world population. I am from Canada and I can assure you that Sikhi is not increasing. You may believe that for every Sikh that cuts his hair, another emerges but this is simply not true my friend.

Maybe....or maybee not. It really doesnt matter because Sikhi never really "spreads" like the wildfire spread of Islam (through the sword earlier..and in much of todays world through compulsion..birthrates etc) and Christianity (missionary/economic forces working on poverty stricken families) ( in the recent Bosnia Conflict I heard a personal story from a Sikh Volunteer who served there as a UNO rep...the Bosnians were expecting the Sikhs to raise the "question..of conversion"..BUT were they SURPRISED when day after day..the Sikhs just kept on feeding Guru ka Lnaggar and other aid..and NEVER once brought up the subject of..SO when are you going to becoem a "sikh"...unlike the Christians and others..who laid down CONVERSION as a PRE-REQUISITE even before any food is provided) As a matter of FACT..Sikhs only "preach" to SIKHS !! in Gurdwaras. There is NOT a single Sikh missionary effort based on Convert the TRIBALS..Convert the AFRICANS...etc etc anywhere in the world. Even the Yogi harbahjan effort known as the 3HO was NOT an effort for active "conversion" per se....it was just exposure of sikhi..and the people liked it..and converted on their own without any "incentives"....that si why they make better sikhs than "born" sikhs of Punajbi origin.
2. It is enough to keep pace with world population. (imho) we need not try and conver the entire 6 billions....even IF every living human becomes a SIKH...the "USA Sikh" will still try and kill the "Iraqi Sikh" ( For OIL !!)..I am just being realistic..ECONOMIC FACTORS are stronger than religious ties any day....thats why the Iraqi Muslims kill Arabic Muslims..or the Pakistani Muslims raped the Bengali Muslims way back in United Pakistan !!( same religion didnt help)
Gyani jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
1.And one final and irrefutable point. Our Daily ARDASS - not only gives honourable mention to ALL MARTYRS WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES...WEARING KESHAS/UNCUT HAIRS/Preserved the SANCTITY of KESHAS. Then we BEG Akal Purakh for the GIFT of KESHAS..KESH DAAN.
2. WE have KESHGARRH SAHIB - one of the FIVE TAKHATS....named after KESHAS...FORT OF KESHAS.
3. Gurbani of the Third Guru period..Baba sunder Ji mentions KESHO-GOPAL...the LORD with LONG HAIR.
Regards
Gyani jarnail Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: